Official Round 24 Injury Report

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really? I was under the impression that Harper was good...I haven't watched much of him, but from what I see, he certainly isn't bad.
He looked promising at the back end of last year in reserve grade but this year has been a write off. He’s been up there with John Olive for defence this year and in attack he’s been average at best.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okunbor had a blinder in his last first grade game i think he plays well with better players inside him

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Harper absolutely shocked me this year... Like you said his defence has gone out the window, his hit and stick which I reckon was the best at the club has vanished and been substituted with sluggish jersey grabbing and bad reads.

Something happened to him, somewhere in between his family coming over from NZ, giving him the captaincy and being chosen in the top 30... I just feel all these positives got him too relaxed and became complacent.
I haven't seen much of him this year but he's always had deficiency in his defence and that's in reserve grade,
Imagine what he would be like in first grade ?
Unless he has a problem that we don't know about...
He strickes me to be one of those blokes that allows social media (media) get to his head and if things aren't going his way he becomes disinterested instead of knuckling down to prove his worth,
That's where a good mentor (coach) becomes very handy !!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I haven't seen much of him this year but he's always had deficiency in his defence and that's in reserve grade,
Imagine what he would be like in first grade ?
Unless he has a problem that we don't know about...
He strickes me to be one of those blokes that allows social media (media) get to his head and if things aren't going his way he becomes disinterested instead of knuckling down to prove his worth,
That's where a good mentor (coach) becomes very handy !!!
We need a bit more of that mentoring. We don't molly coddle players at the Bulldogs but times are changing. If we've invested al this time and money in fringe players, we need to be getting the most out of them for sure.

We have been churning too many players who've had potential but fade away. I know it's just a thing..but...we need to be better like dare I say ...Storm ;)

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need a bit more of that mentoring. We don't molly coddle players at the Bulldogs but times are changing. If we've invested al this time and money in fringe players, we need to be getting the most out of them for sure.

We have been churning too many players who've had potential but fade away. I know it's just a thing..but...we need to be better like dare I say ...Storm ;)
And the Storm learned it of us !!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And the Storm learned it of us !!!
We need to get it back...apart from anything else; it's a waste of money to pay these guys in Top 30 and realise you can't use them in FG.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need to get it back...apart from anything else; it's a waste of money to pay these guys in Top 30 and realise you can't use them in FG.
I have previously posted this story...this happened in the off season 1979,
One morning the papers reported that Eastern suburbs (the Rorters now) are offering the 3 young Mortimers a massive contract then worth $90K a season.
A Belmore businessman that I knew who was a Canterbury tragic and on great terms with Bullfrog himself, didn't like what he read.
Rolled the paper and headed up to the club, walked straight into Bullfrogs office...
This was their conversation
F. Hi bullfrog
B. hi F.
F. what is this story in the papers
B. sit down F.
F. the Mortimers will not go nowhere, pulling $10k out of his pocket placing them on bullfrogs desktop continuing...I will come back with the rest he said
B. put your money in your pocket F. We have offered the Mortimers a fair offer and will look after them in the future,
If they want to go for the money...they can go !
If they want to stay for the money only...we don't want them here !
The rest is HISTORY and the DAWN of Canterbury's greatest era !!!
This is where the BULLDOGS DNA and BLUEPRINT comes from !!!
Chris Anderson was the son-in-law and eggs salesman then:sweatsmile:
Lynn Anderson is Bullfrogs daughter and the eggs salesman wife :sweatsmile:
Let's just hope they and the rest of the board truly have learnt well from Bullfrog...as they claim to have !

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
All those 3 players have been playing Ccup the last few weeks.
Wakeham and Doorey even longer..
I think they would have dropped back to Flegg for the finals though. It’s a moot point now anyway.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I have previously posted this story...this happened in the off season 1979,
One morning the papers reported that Eastern suburbs (the Rorters now) are offering the 3 young Mortimers a massive contract then worth $90K a season.
A Belmore businessman that I knew who was a Canterbury tragic and on great terms with Bullfrog himself, didn't like what he read.
Rolled the paper and headed up to the club, walked straight into Bullfrogs office...
This was their conversation
F. Hi bullfrog
B. hi F.
F. what is this story in the papers
B. sit down F.
F. the Mortimers will not go nowhere, pulling $10k out of his pocket placing them on bullfrogs desktop continuing...I will come back with the rest he said
B. put your money in your pocket F. We have offered the Mortimers a fair offer and will look after them in the future,
If they want to go for the money...they can go !
If they want to stay for the money only...we don't want them here !
The rest is HISTORY and the DAWN of Canterbury's greatest era !!!
This is where the BULLDOGS DNA and BLUEPRINT comes from !!!
Chris Anderson was the son-in-law and eggs salesman then:sweatsmile:
Lynn Anderson is Bullfrogs daughter and the eggs salesman wife :sweatsmile:
Let's just hope they and the rest of the board truly have learnt well from Bullfrog...as they claim to have !
I remember well a story going around that the transit lounge were after Turvey. I indignantly got out pen and paper and sent off a long winded letter to be published in Rugby League Week speaking on behalf of all Bulldogs supporters that it must never happen lol.

I sent letters to Peter Moore suggesting young players from our local league for the Dogs to enquire about. He always wrote back and gave up to date contact details for the kids parents to contact him personally....we had a bewdy in Bullfrog.