Premium Member
Reaction score
For Thursday you would think:

1. DWZ
2. Meany
3. Holland
4. Hoppa
5. Harper
It will be Okunbor playing on Thursday they pulled him from CCup on weekend while Harper played.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It will be Okunbor playing on Thursday they pulled him from CCup on weekend while Harper played.
Whyyyyyyyyy FFS. The bloke is a big powderpuff with the turning circle of an aircraft carrier.

Id rather play Hoppa on thr Wing and Okunbor in the centres ffs.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whyyyyyyyyy FFS. The bloke is a big powderpuff with the turning circle of an aircraft carrier.

I’d take Okunbor over Harper every day of the week. I don’t think Harper is ever going to make first grade. We have no one else besides Okunbor our depth is paper thin.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haven't Knockonbore and Meaneys been playing on the same wing this season? Which of them switches to the right for one week?

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Meaney has been on the left and will stay there. Okunbor has been playing right wing in reserves and will play there.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d take Okunbor over Harper every day of the week. I don’t think Harper is ever going to make first grade. We have no one else besides Okunbor our depth is paper thin.
I actually said that about Smith once when he was near garbo in reserves. I still remember when Harper made his NSW cup jump up from flegg. He was solid as in D and in attack, what happened to him this year is just sad. My point is sometimes these guys just need that challenge, that challenge that gets them away from complacency and where they need to be again... Would be nice to see Harper get a go, just to see if he does switch on again.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I actually said that about Smith once when he was near garbo in reserves. I still remember when Harper made his NSW cup jump up from flegg. He was solid as in D and in attack, what happened to him this year is just sad. My point is sometimes these guys just need that challenge, that challenge that gets them away from complacency and where they need to be again... Would be nice to see Harper get a go, just to see if he does switch on again.
True. A club like ours, without superstars or money atm, needs to get the best out of these guys. Got talent, we have to help them realise it.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if he read the off season reports and thought he would be a walk up start in NRL and dropped his head when it didn't happen or what but he has declined in a massive way.

His defence has been diabolical if he plays NRL he will get torn apart for example his game on the weekend he made 6 tackles and missed 5. He's been the direct cause of at least one try in his past 4 games and its been a regular pattern through out the season.

Reimis still had games where you could see his natural talent in CCup but Harper just looks completely off the pace.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure if he read the off season reports and thought he would be a walk up start in NRL of what but he has declined in a massive way.

His defence has been diabolical if he plays NRL he will get torn apart for example his game on the weekend he made 6 tackles and missed 5. He's been the direct cause of at least one try in the 4 games and its been a regular pattern through out the season.

Reimis still had games where you could see his natural talent in CCup but Harper just looks completely off the pace.
Harper absolutely shocked me this year... Like you said his defence has gone out the window, his hit and stick which I reckon was the best at the club has vanished and been substituted with sluggish jersey grabbing and bad reads.

Something happened to him, somewhere in between his family coming over from NZ, giving him the captaincy and being chosen in the top 30... I just feel all these positives got him too relaxed and became complacent.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Turning circle of an aircraft carrier very good lol

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Harper absolutely shocked me this year... Like you said his defence has gone out the window, his hit and stick which I reckon was the best at the club has vanished and been substituted with sluggish jersey grabbing and bad reads.

Something happened to him, somewhere in between his family coming over from NZ, giving him the captaincy and being chosen in the top 30... I just feel all these positives got him too relaxed and became complacent.
Who knows whats gone on but I don't want the club to just give away a NRL debut for the sake of it. Harper has to earn it and this year he isn't even close.

Unless he really pulls out something next year I doubt he will be here in 2021.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Hunger disappeared

Complacency set in

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Really? I was under the impression that Harper was good...I haven't watched much of him, but from what I see, he certainly isn't bad.