Votes: 69 81.2%
  • No, it's too late now

Votes: 16 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recent performances are gobsmackingly so different in attitude to what was being dished up at the start of the season it is difficult to predict whether this is a permanent trend or a flash in the pan a la 2018. Hopefully it is the turnaround we have been pining for over the past 3 years. Who is responsible? Perhaps some kennellers have inside knowledge to share on that. At the end of the season, we should end up higher than 2018 on the ladder. And on that result Dean has to be given his contract term in 2020.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I was a Pay fan when he 1st got the job. I liked the thought of junior development and building. I liked he tore down the sports science shit off the walls and put up dogs history. I liked the thought of old school hitting and aggressive defence. I don't care what the results were but we never seen the changes in defence but more importantly I didn't see game plan progression. Than I got worried about the 2021season being a waste . I jump off the Pay wagon as I wouldn't take the risk on wasting the cap space era as it starys in Nov this year. His chop n change with his roster probably effected the team and results early. Who knows if he can coach and what his like tactically at training. But again I wouldn't risk 2021 unless Anderson's and someone else is in charge of recruitment and pay gets a mentor in.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not having a go at anyone but can we stop with the Flanagan shit please the guy is a cheating, lying scum bag who is banned and may never be reinstated to coach NRL level again.

Cheated his way to a premiership with a team that was over the cap for years and still is. I don't care if he is a "better", and (I use that word loosely) coach.

He has shit stuck to him and I don't want him stinking up our club with all the work that's being done to turn us around. We are already a team that is highly scrutinized by media and others, Flanagan would give them even more fuel.
I disagree. The bloke is serving his penalty for what he did.. by what your saying he can never earn redemption, just like if anyone who goes to gaol.

I can't take another season like 2019, the run of wins is too late but he's has earned the right for another season.... but cant use the excuse excuse "we are a young team"

2020 - Pay
2021 - Flanagan

Last edited:

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. I think he deserves a chance to reap the rewards for the rebuilding job that he and the board have done. However if we have a repeat of the last 2 years where we start out like busteds and come good too late then he will need to go.
#PAYDAY # PAYRISE

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I disagree. The bloke is serving his penalty for what he did.. by what your saying he can never earn redemption, just like if anyone who goes to gaol.

I can take another season like 2019, the run of wins is too late but he's has earned the right for another season.... but cant use the excuse excuse "we are a young team"

2020 - Pay
2021 - Flanagan
Perhaps if he’d actually shown some remorse and not cheated TWICE he might deserve some leniency. But first came the peptides and when he was banned for that he broke the terms of his suspension and now he’s banned again. That’s akin to the bloke on parole who robs the bank and thinks he’s done nothing wrong. Also remember the second time his own club turned him in to the NRL - so they thought he stank too.

Don’t trust him and don’t want him near our great club.

Not saying we should not consider a new coach for 2021 - just not Flanagan.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Not really, but there's no one really available now. He has to get the right performances in the first 10 rounds and I'll happily eat my words and get behind him, the time for excuses is over and if next season is another repeat of the two then he can piss off and changes must be made.
Yeah the pre-season schedule needs to be revised in regards to fitness overhaul and trials. Something isn't right there with our preparation.

I agree Dean can't afford to have us off the pace from the start like the past 2 years.

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I always hoped that we had the coach we needed in pay and was hoping they put a few good efforts in to start this season. Like allot of ppl as the year continued my belief dropped with each game due to some of the obviouse bad choices in his player selection and and strange game plans. We never seen our guys putting in grubbers for either a try or repeat set, seen tolman constantly getting the ball when in good attacking position and the one that frustrated me most was cogger kicking to addo carr ever set.

In saying that he is new to coaching a first grade side and not the greatest team to start out with, so like most i'm hoping for a good dtart to the season next year with a few frugal signings, some new coaching staff, and hopefully a coach and young players that have learnt a bit this year. New defensive coach and zelesniak are the 2 key thing that have changed our fortunes over the last 6 weeks so still hard to say how Pay going to turn out as coach

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

I can't take another season like 2019, the run of wins is too late but he's has earned the right for another season.... but cant use the excuse excuse "we are a young team"

2020 - Pay
2021 - Flanagan
He can earn his redemption elsewhere, not at our club. I get that you don't want another season like 2019 but I won't be sold on Flanagan at all.