Official Round 23 - Bulldogs vs Eels - Discussion Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think this game will be another grind it out affair which means Moses won't do shit. Unless it's in an open, lopsided game, that little bitch goes into hiding as his silky touch footy skills don't work as well against real defence. He's the ultimate front runner. Hopefully we put that smartass little prick back in his place.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Look at the Eels bench as well it’s loaded with forwards. I’m not sure the game plan with Cogger is. Will be play hooker or is he just the safety blanket for Foran?
Cover Foran.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really want to see Ogden get another run. He played too well in FG this season with limited opportunity to be frozen out the rest of the season.

I can't believe Takairangi is playing on the wing. Surely that's something we can exploit.
Me too. he's been there for a few weeks - surely early ball to Holland and Meaney to burn him with his pace

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Surely Lewis is a more useful 14 than Cogger, and we know Cogger is a better 7 than Lewis.
Although this might be true, and does have good reasoning... Lewis is a better foil for Foran than Cogger. Cogger/Foran are similar roles... Lewis defence is way better than Cogger, and we are going for defensive mindset once again. This is evident by Pay's emphasis on defence in the last couple of games and points conceded and missed tackles have gone done big time. Not saying Lewis better than Cogger or anything.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogger won't be a waste if Foran pulls up after 30 minutes and can't continue

And it's not like that isn't unrealistic, it's probably a 50/50 proposition
In order for us to play Foran we have to carry one player Cogger on the bench just for him in case he gets injured, just don't find it amusing.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have no idea how the Eels are so high with that team. The level of the entire competition really is so low this year

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I have no idea how the Eels are so high with that team. The level of the entire competition really is so low this year
I think they have a really good line up on paper. Saying that, I also said the same thing last year. No Ferguson is big for us.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
It should be Lewis or Cogger in and the other one out of the team completely. Fuck this extra half on the bench shit, just bring in Ogden

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It should be Lewis or Cogger in and the other one out of the team completely. Fuck this extra half on the bench shit, just bring in Ogden
Nah, I don't mind the Half on the bench. Ogden should be in for Chris smith though...

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The competition is absolute trash this year, the fact we are still even a slim chance to make the finals shows the quality.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have our 3rd worst win/loss under Atkins, behind only the Sutton’s. Was surprised how many we’d won under Cummins - always seems to screw us.
Cummins is just a shit ref. His bias is against good Rugby League, not necessarily just us. Can't believe what a pathetic pussy he was to let Cam Smith walk all over him last weekend. One sentence into that convo he should've told Smith to shut up or go to the bin.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why have a spare half on the bench?
Ogden and Fualalo should find their way onto the bench.
The eels are not as effective without Ferguson.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can easily win this game!
Parra are not going as good as people think. These are their last 6 games (all wins are against bottom 8 teams) I know we are a bottom 8 team, but definitely not playing like it atm.

R17 beat tigers
R18 lost to sea eagles
R19 beat warriors
R20 beat dragons
R21 beat knights
R22 beat titans
Well pointed out but there is a prize for them if they beat us top 4 spot but I’d luv nothing more than raining on their parade

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The competition is absolute trash this year, the fact we are still even a slim chance to make the finals shows the quality.
NRL is one of the most competitive sports in the world statistics show , eels wooden spoon to finals etc