WWOS MOLE The Mole: Dragons show door to star backs, Broncos brace for David Fifita loss

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There will be some excuse where something changed in the 7 hours between he put the article online and when Brown got sacked....
Haha. Yeah, some "unforeseen circumstances" even though Brown was always going to get sacked.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Is bird still at the broncos? He was on a mill
I remember being OS a few years back and ran into CP13 and he said he thought Bird was going to be the biggest superstar in the game and was stoked the Broncs signed him...

I know he has had his health issues but not sure we can blame that?

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
HANDS OFF: Broncos will table major, multi-year, deal to David Fifita in the next week - determined to ensure he doesn't go on open market on Nov 1

Warriors, Eels, Dogs ready to pitch 700k+ a year

BUT Brisbane confident he'll stay and sign before Nov 1

FIRST on @7NewsBrisbane

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE BRONCOS FINDING THE FUNDS TO CONTINUE RE-SIGNING THESE SUPER STARS
Makes you wonder why the Broncos aren't doing so great with so much talent in their ranks...

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I said in the other thread.. They throw big money at re-signing Lodge, Haas, Ofahengue, TPJ, Oates and now Fifita.

Not to mention other upgrades to Turpin, Dearden, Coates, Carrigan etc.

They have Milford on $1 million a season plus Boyd, Gillett, McCullough and others on big money and they still have infinite room to throw another million at Fifita.

And no one says or does anything about it. It's the most corrupt sport in the world. The NRL makes Mexican Dog Fighting look more legitimate.
At least the chooks can try and argue they're using "cronk" money... but what is the broncos excuse?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
At least the chooks can try and argue they're using "cronk" money... but what is the broncos excuse?
Think it’s simple, We suck and we need to cheat the cap more?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The logical explanation would be they'll free up Boyd's money soon, as well as McCullough and Glenn and Bird won't be re-signed on anywhere near that money...

But even factoring all of that in, they'd barely squeeze under the cap and that's not accounting for the star signings they'll make with those players leaving. So they always have and always will be over the cap and nothing will ever get done about it.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The salary cap needs a complete overhaul... its a complete failure...

it's sole purpose is to ensure a level playing field, yet we see the same teams succeed year in year out

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
The salary cap needs a complete overhaul... its a complete failure...

it's sole purpose is to ensure a level playing field, yet we see the same teams succeed year in year out
Agree but not succeed.

Broncos aren’t successful but clearly are top 2-3 in raping the cap

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree but not succeed.

Broncos aren’t successful but clearly are top 2-3 in raping the cap
This is probably true but don’t forget the broncos have access to a wealth of third party sponsors in Brisbane. The place is 100% rugby league. If you want to level the playing field put another team in Brisbane

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So let's do a rough estimate for next year's "cap" for Brisbane:

Milford: $1 million
Bird: $700k
Boyd: $700k
McCullough: $ 600k
Gillett: $600k
Lodge: $650k
TPJ: $650k
Ofahengue: $500k
Haas: $550k
Fifita: $1 million
Oates: 500k

That's $7.5 million for 11 players leaving $2.5 million for the other 19 players in their squad, or 130k each... But according to the NRL, everything adds up just fine.

This is even more proof that the Third Party system just makes the code even shadier, imbalanced and corrupt.

According to article published late last year Broncos have 800k in TPA registered with the NRL.....

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/13...ents-public-and-strengthens-contract-process/

On average, clubs benefited from $264,000 in TPAs, a figure boosted greatly by Melbourne (slightly more than $1 million) and Brisbane (almost $800,000).

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
According to article published late last year Broncos have 800k in TPA registered with the NRL.....

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/13...ents-public-and-strengthens-contract-process/

On average, clubs benefited from $264,000 in TPAs, a figure boosted greatly by Melbourne (slightly more than $1 million) and Brisbane (almost $800,000).
That same report claimed that the Roosters had less TPA's than several bottom 8 clubs so I take it with a grain of salt. The real TPA and systemic rorting figure for Brisbane is probably three times the amount you mentioned but my point is that the whole TPA system is a scam and counter productive to the implementation of a cap in the first place.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That same report claimed that the Roosters had less TPA's than several bottom 8 clubs so I take it with a grain of salt. The real TPA and systemic rorting figure for Brisbane is probably three times the amount you mentioned but my point is that the whole TPA system is a scam and counter productive to the implementation of a cap in the first place.
Its true brown paper bags don’t count

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Imagine being a bronco fan knowing that you are as bad as the roosters and storm but still Fucking suck

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And the figures are a couple of years old as well I believe?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
if the broncos can keep fifita at the club long enough to offload boyd gillett mccollough by the end of 2020 or 2021 they wont have any troubles in resigning him, the big problem will be putting him on a large back endd deal that the nrl now frown upon

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id rather one of the excess storm centres that they have.
Curtis scott
Solomona kata
Png centre whos name escspes me atm, runs as hard as dwz