Official Round 23 - Bulldogs vs Eels - Discussion Thread

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The more you see that Cam Smith video challenging Cummins, the more respect you lose for both of them. The player laughs at him and dismisses his explanation.

Meanwhile on 2015.(Somewhere in the background of a milling throng of players, a voice cusses "Dog". Lichaa gets called out and charged with a Grade One contrary conduct charge against Sutton. Not the same but it wasn't in front of the whole NRL viewing audience.
To be fair Cummins should be showing the ref more respect!

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Having said that....who can be confident about refs fairly adjudicating...at lease its not Sutton or Cummins.
We have our 3rd worst win/loss under Atkins, behind only the Sutton’s. Was surprised how many we’d won under Cummins - always seems to screw us.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I really want to see Ogden get another run. He played too well in FG this season with limited opportunity to be frozen out the rest of the season.

I can't believe Takairangi is playing on the wing. Surely that's something we can exploit.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The thing that worries me is we are on a 5 day turn around and the last 3 games have been pretty physical.

As Pay says we are a young team and been up for games for a while now. Fingers crossed it doesn't catch up with us.
And that said if Pay only uses 16 players again this week then that’s probably his definition of madness

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
And that said if Pay only uses 16 players again this week then that’s probably his definition of madness
Look at the Eels bench as well it’s loaded with forwards. I’m not sure the game plan with Cogger is. Will be play hooker or is he just the safety blanket for Foran?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm worried about this game. Eels very capable of scoring tries very quickly, as they did against us earlier in the year.

We need to have our A game in defence. Tries will come.

doggies_92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We can easily win this game!
Parra are not going as good as people think. These are their last 6 games (all wins are against bottom 8 teams) I know we are a bottom 8 team, but definitely not playing like it atm.

R17 beat tigers
R18 lost to sea eagles
R19 beat warriors
R20 beat dragons
R21 beat knights
R22 beat titans

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Look at the Eels bench as well it’s loaded with forwards. I’m not sure the game plan with Cogger is. Will be play hooker or is he just the safety blanket for Foran?
I’d have to think he’s a safety blanket with a bit of versatility also. I don’t mind him there. He’s fresh from last week so needs to be used somewhere at some stage.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rfm should start
Cogger is a waste of space on the bench
Harper in for bundy cup Holland
Ogden in for Chris smith

But that’s just me
Cogger won't be a waste if Foran pulls up after 30 minutes and can't continue

And it's not like that isn't unrealistic, it's probably a 50/50 proposition

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sivo could do some damage in this game on the wing, hopefully Smith Hoppa can contain him, that's a pretty good fend he has on him.