WWOS MOLE The Mole: Dragons show door to star backs, Broncos brace for David Fifita loss

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I said in the other thread.. They throw big money at re-signing Lodge, Haas, Ofahengue, TPJ, Oates and now Fifita.

Not to mention other upgrades to Turpin, Dearden, Coates, Carrigan etc.

They have Milford on $1 million a season plus Boyd, Gillett, McCullough and others on big money and they still have infinite room to throw another million at Fifita.

And no one says or does anything about it. It's the most corrupt sport in the world. The NRL makes Mexican Dog Fighting look more legitimate.
Is Jack Bird still a thing? Wasn’t he also on a mil a season?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh fuck that's right. Didn't they overpay massively for him for like 700k a year?

But I guess they dont have to worry about overpaying when they have no cap.
Bird was signed for $800k a season but not sure how much of that was “third party”

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So let's do a rough estimate for next year's "cap" for Brisbane:

Milford: $1 million
Bird: $700k
Boyd: $700k
McCullough: $ 600k
Gillett: $600k
Lodge: $650k
TPJ: $650k
Ofahengue: $500k
Haas: $550k
Fifita: $1 million
Oates: 500k

That's $7.5 million for 11 players leaving $2.5 million for the other 19 players in their squad, or 130k each... But according to the NRL, everything adds up just fine.

This is even more proof that the Third Party system just makes the code even shadier, imbalanced and corrupt.

Last edited:

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
David Fifita would be very nice!
He'll be worth the $700,000 per year.
18/19 remember! very young for a forward in the Nrl.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bird was signed for $800k a season but not sure how much of that was “third party”
Well that's where it gets so messy. Obviously with all of their power brokers, Brisbane have a huge advantage with TPAs. The fact that this is allowed just negates the whole point of the cap in the first place.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So let's do a rough estimate for next year's "cap" for Brisbane:

Milford: $1 million
Bird: $700k
Boyd: $700k
McCullough: $ 600k
Gillett: $600k
Lodge: $650k
TPJ: $650k
Ofahengue: $500k
Haas: $550k
Fifita: $1 million

That's $7 million for 10 players leaving $3 million for the other 20 players in their squad, or 150k each... But according to the NRL, everything adds up just fine.

This is even more proof that the Third Party system just makes the code even shadier, imbalanced and corrupt.
You'd think Oates, Staggs, Turpin, Isaako would easily add another mil between em.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
As I said in the other thread.. They throw big money at re-signing Lodge, Haas, Ofahengue, TPJ, Oates and now Fifita.

Not to mention other upgrades to Turpin, Dearden, Coates, Carrigan etc.

They have Milford on $1 million a season plus Boyd, Gillett, McCullough and others on big money and they still have infinite room to throw another million at Fifita.

And no one says or does anything about it. It's the most corrupt sport in the world. The NRL makes Mexican Dog Fighting look more legitimate.
Is bird still at the broncos? He was on a mill

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is bird still at the broncos? He was on a mill
Yeah he has another year I think. That's the thing, the figures I listed were mostly conservative and those 11 players still take up almost their whole cap!

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fifita is signing away his chance at a premiership if he signs with the worriers, I would take less money to win a premiership and I can't see the worriers getting even close to a premiership in the next decade.
Someone said either on the kennel or I've heard some people say going to the warriors is signing a death warrant on your premiership hopes and I reckon their right.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fifita is signing away his chance at a premiership if he signs with the worriers, I would take less money to win a premiership and I can't see the worriers getting even close to a premiership in the next decade.
Someone said either on the kennel or I've heard some people say going to the warriors is signing a death warrant on your premiership hopes and I reckon their right.
You'd think if he isn't signed up before Nov 1st we should have a decent opportunity in getting him here with what we can offer. Just depends on 3P like anything with the Broncs.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Is Fifita the gun forward or is that Hass? I forget which one is which :p
I have a feeling that long term Fafita will be the better value. I think the huge body frame and youth on Haas will end in lots of injuries, could be easily wrong.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
BROWN SAFE AT KNIGHTS, FOR NOW
The Knights' finals hopes may be on life support after a great start to this season, but Nathan Brown's job is still safe for next year.
Brown is on a year-to-year contract with the Knights and under intense pressure to perform with a talented roster.
Word from inside the Knights camp is that Brown is safe, despite the recent run of outs that finally ended with the big win over the Cowboys last Saturday.
But, like Dragons coach Paul McGregor, he will need to win a lot of early season games next year to keep the wolves at bay.
Mole is on the ball!!! Hahaha

7 hours later Brown is gone these guys just make this stuff up.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Or he’s been deliberately fed the wrong info from the club to make him look like a chump. Either way that’s hilarious

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

It's hilarious. As if Brown's position was ever safe after how much they've disappointed this year and poorly he's done every other year.

Just when some of these hacks couldn't have less credibility, you get something like this.. And yet, they'll still make up more of the same rubbish the next day...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's hilarious. As if Brown's position was ever safe after how much they've disappointed this year and poorly he's done every other year.

Just when some of these hacks couldn't have less credibility, you get something like this.. And yet, they'll still make up more of the same rubbish the next day...
There will be some excuse where something changed in the 7 hours between he put the article online and when Brown got sacked....