DWZ is the best signing the Bulldogs have made since Morris in 2015

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what happens with DWZ if we sign Tom Trbojevic or Latrell (we desperately need a goal kicker, Meaney and Holland surely not in our 2021 plans). Latrell's obviously a Centre, but if you're paying him $1m you'd think he plays Fullback. I only see 4 marquee players available for 2021 (Tom Trbojevic, Jake Trbojevic, Latrell and Arrow) and I think we will push for 2 of them.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what happens with DWZ if we sign Tom Trbojevic or Latrell (we desperately need a goal kicker, Meaney and Holland surely not in our 2021 plans). Latrell's obviously a Centre, but if you're paying him $1m you'd think he plays Fullback. I only see 4 marquee players available for 2021 (Tom Trbojevic, Jake Trbojevic, Latrell and Arrow) and I think we will push for 2 of them.
Would rather sign none of those players for over $1million a year. We have bigger positions to fill then fullback. DWZ is fine for the position long term. Sign a decent centre for $700k. Don't throw the bank at one player.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Morris was massive on potential. But at DWZ age, will hopefully be around for many years to come.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Better than Brett . Brett had too many injuries ! They should back end dzw contesct . My left leg is numb

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Brett Morris was a terrible signing.. DWZ cannot be faulted at all , at this stage.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If he keeps playing the way he is he needs to be our captain next year,I never thought that about moz

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Morris wasn’t a great signing. I’d compare to the inu/perrett mid season signings in 2012.

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dwz is a far better signing than Morris ever was. He came here for the right reasons and to help with a rebuild.
To be fair to Morris, the team he signed ON for didn't NEED to rebuild, they were going for premierships. But I definitely agree DWZ was a great signing, and 1 of our best (and most important going forward) for years...

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He surpasses Morris best signing since geez can’t think of one

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d even go as far as saying dwz signing with bulldogs is one of the top career rejuvenating moves a player has made. He’s gone from being unwanted to being a superstar fullback again instantly. NZ international team are only ones to get this sort of performance out of him for a while.

He has instantly made the bulldogs seem attractive to sign for now too. Players would see that our players are happy and it’s not all hype. Very strong signs before we go on our spending spree so we don’t have to pay overs for players. I’d be looking at extending his deal soon though as he can be negotiated with in 2 months. All depends who we are looking at signing I guess. Sucks that 2 of the biggest players off contract are in positions he plays.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
To be fair to Morris, the team he signed ON for didn't NEED to rebuild, they were going for premierships. But I definitely agree DWZ was a great signing, and 1 of our best (and most important going forward) for years...
Brett Morris signed on to play alongside his brother and because Hasler was stupid enough to give him megabucks.

I'll never consider Brett Morris to be a true bulldog, DWZ on the other hand has already embraced the club.

Last edited:

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s a good runner of the ball, probably one of the best. But he needs to develop a passing game.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far DWZ is everything we wished B Morris would have been when we signed him

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The resigning of Michael Lichaa would have something to say about this!!!

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And in february when i said hes the best fullback to come here to us.
99 percent of posters rubbished me and told me hes not a fucking fullback. Now look at everyone licking his bum. Lol

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has always played like this. Its nothing new. Yet meaney had far more potential according to just about everyone.