Lewis or Cogger ? Lichaa no longer required

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Felt a bit sorry for Cogger sitting on the bench for the whole game after he's played so well the last few games. I was really surprised Pay picked Lewis ahead of him actually. In attack we'd definitely be better with Cogger and Foran in the halves but we also really need Lewis' defence. He makes a big difference in that area and can save tries. I hope in future we can try him at hooker, or lock. He needs a roving role to be able to cover both sides of the field. At lease JMK showed tonight there's no need to play Lichaa for any part of a game so that saves one bench spot. I don't know why it too so long for Pay to realise.
Foran adds so much when he plays. I can understand those who want him gone but unless we can sign Munster or Keary there's not really any better replacements. If we make the semis next year I'd rather have Foran in our side in a big game than any one else in his position (other than Munster or Keary)

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Its telling that Lichaa was out and nobody really noticed a differnce, JMK's service was crisp.

Agree that Cogger and Foran would be a more potent combo, but neither has the long kicking game at the moment. That's not to say Lewis kicks at an elite level, but his 480 odd kick metres won't be matched by Cogger taking over the kicking duties.

We have some excellent halves prospects so i don't believe we should be needing to look externally for a half in the near future

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Lewis should be on the bench while cogger starts.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I don't necessarily agree in one or the other, I say both. Without Lewis tonight they score but he saved the try. He does that every game he plays. Yes he's a half but he is rock solid and just needs more coaching in the weaker areas. I'm surprised he doesn't aim for more 40/20's with his long kicking game. I think Lewis is destined to be a ball playing lock.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lewis, Cogger in when Foran is injured. It's a 50/50 call I don't think we should get upset with whoever is playing out of them 2.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I don't necessarily agree in one or the other, I say both. Without Lewis tonight they score but he saved the try. He does that every game he plays. Yes he's a half but he is rock solid and just needs more coaching in the weaker areas. I'm surprised he doesn't aim for more 40/20's with his long kicking game. I think Lewis is destined to be a ball playing lock.
Tbh Lewis looked a lot better last year and was more calm than this year, he looks more clumsy this year, to many drop balls bad cut out passes wrong kicks
Rushing plays and so on.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cogger is definitely waisted on the bench and needs to start.!!! and prince needs to be on the bench. Because he is still one cocky little prick haha (gota love it)

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Tbh Lewis looked a lot better last year and was more calm than this year, he looks more clumsy this year, to many drop balls bad cut out passes wrong kicks
Rushing plays and so on.
True, just like 95% of players in their second year.

His weaknesses can be coached and helped. Surely Shifty can help him out.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Without Lewis I highly doubt we wouldve kept souffs tryless. You have to recognise his value in a team like ours where the attack is poor
Most of the time we are defending the line cause of no go forward or no creative play to make meters and bad last tackle options,
Cogger can create something more than Lewis.
If we attack more we defend less.

Last edited:

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Felt a bit sorry for Cogger sitting on the bench for the whole game after he's played so well the last few games. I was really surprised Pay picked Lewis ahead of him actually. In attack we'd definitely be better with Cogger and Foran in the halves but we also really need Lewis' defence. He makes a big difference in that area and can save tries. I hope in future we can try him at hooker, or lock. He needs a roving role to be able to cover both sides of the field. At lease JMK showed tonight there's no need to play Lichaa for any part of a game so that saves one bench spot. I don't know why it too so long for Pay to realise.
Foran adds so much when he plays. I can understand those who want him gone but unless we can sign Munster or Keary there's not really any better replacements. If we make the semis next year I'd rather have Foran in our side in a big game than any one else in his position (other than Munster or Keary)
Cogger is on the bench just in case foz gets injured

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Cogger far better, Lewis is way overhyped of the back of his strong defence.

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
6. Wakeham
7. Sir Jack Cogger
13. ***** on tilt