Holland-talau

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So how did holland get a place in the centres instead of talau.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So how did holland get a place in the centres instead of talau.
Never watched him play (I know he played for the Tigers tonight, but he didn't really stand out at all), but obviously the club thought Montoya and Holland were/are better and we're obviously in the market for a premium centre. No opportunity here when you're 4th/5th in the pecking order.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who knows how he'll turn out but wish we'd kept him.

Talau was doing well with us from memory then Wests tigers signed him, offered him a development contract then fast tracked him to reserve then first grade.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Talau would be on a minumum contract.. should have persisted with him knowing how his dad played..

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was an article recently where his dad said that Bulldogs were keen to keep him, but he wanted a fresh start somewhere else.

Not much the club could have done.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There was an article recently where his dad said that Bulldogs were keen to keep him, but he wanted a fresh start somewhere else.

Not much the club could have done.
I heard last year that Willy Talau had a fall out with that club and subsequently moved him out

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We have 2 more in 20's

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im surprised tigers are playing talau in the centres - he was a very good five eight but I don't believe he has the speed for a centre. Long term a ball playing back rower maybe.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love how some people have suddenly realised who Tommy Talau is when he left the club last year....

So what?
What’s your point?

I don’t get comments like that are you trying to boast your a bigger fan for knowing he was around in the juniors?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So what?
What’s your point?

I don’t get comments like that are you trying to boast your a bigger fan for knowing he was around in the juniors?
Well if someone is getting all outraged over it and just realised he’s not at the club it probably means they have never seen him play and have no idea what they are getting their knickers in a knot about! People find any excuse to put shit on the club at the minute.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not worth the thread.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Talau would be on a minumum contract.. should have persisted with him knowing how his dad played..
This coming from a bloke who consistently whinges about nepotism at the club.

You funny ****

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well if someone is getting all outraged over it and just realised he’s not at the club it probably means they have never seen him play and have no idea what they are getting their knickers in a knot about! People find any excuse to put shit on the club at the minute.

Maybe people don’t have time to jump on the kennel or go to lower grade games

Busy with work
Busy with running successful businesses

Look I usually know a fair bit I read about the dogs a fair bit but if someone who is a dogs fan didn’t realise willi talaus son was at our club well I wouldn’t laugh at him.

Especially knowing we had Harper who has been hyped up
Olive in reserves
Moytona
Holland
Hoppa

Ect ect

How far down the pecking order do you expect them to look?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe people don’t have time to jump on the kennel or go to lower grade games

Busy with work
Busy with running successful businesses

Look I usually know a fair bit I read about the dogs a fair bit but if someone who is a dogs fan didn’t realise willi talaus son was at our club well I wouldn’t laugh at him.

Especially knowing we had Harper who has been hyped up
Olive in reserves
Moytona
Holland
Hoppa

Ect ect

How far down the pecking order do you expect them to look?
If someone watches one game a year or every game a year including lower grades it doesn't matter to me. People support the club in their own way and that's cool I respect that.

However when you go out of your way to start a thread on it then that changes things from my point of view do a bit of research before hand.
-Holland is in the middle of a three contract.
-Tommy Talau signed for the Tigers this time last year and he played the majority of his time the Dogs in the halves.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Who knew Willie is the Dragons Jersey Flegg coach?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Doesn't always work out that just because their dad was good/superstar mean the kid is going to be.