CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So your gutting majority of squad ? Coz u admit it’s bad
Hence why I find it hard why people blame pay considering the cattle he has to play with...
And again I’m not pro or against
I will reserve my judgment on pay when he has a roster to match top 8 teams roster and not cut it
We're going in circles, I've said a million times the roster is bad. But Pays ability as a coach is completely independent to that, I'll judge him on what he has said and delivered rather than excuse him for years like some of you want to.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I accept that, but I still don't see the so called rebuilding. If you're building something then you should see progress? I don't see progress with our football...I do see progress with some of our recruitment though.

Personally I think the club is just going to ride things out with minimal ambition and continue to build our roster and give Pay absolutely every opportunity to improve and get things right. Maybe when the roster is up there with the best and we're still not getting results then maybe they'll cut him loose.. I don't entirely agree or disagree with that, I just feel that what we're doing now on the field is completely wasted and development isn't where it should be.
Mate u can’t have progress when cap was cooked, his bought some quality in on the little money he has had
How can you build a premiership threat with no money?
You tel, us all how to bring in quality players with no money?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We're going in circles, I've said a million times the roster is bad. But Pays ability as a coach is completely independent to that, I'll judge him on what he has said and delivered rather than excuse him for years like some of you want to.
How can you judge his ability with such an inferior roster
Hence why I said I will reserve judgment when he has an equal roster to other clubs winning

Like judging a bloke for losing Bathurst 1000 on a push bike
Every now n then the car breaks down n bike wins
But 99/100 the car wins
He coaching a bike, compared to storm, chooks etc cars

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hence why I said I will reserve judgment when he has an equal roster to other clubs winning

But 99/100 the car wins
Because it's no where near as shit as some of you guys make out, that's why. Some of you seek to have trouble accepting that fact that the quality of most NRL teams is shit right now, you also seem to have difficulty accepting that just because I think things should be better that doesn't mean I think we should be a fucking Premiership threat lololol.

Some of you have developed a massive loser mentality and accept mediocrity far to easily, some of these examples are absolutely ridiculous. We shouldn't win a single game according to some of you blokes thinking our players are the most useless **** in existence.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because it's no where near as shit as some of you guys make out, that's why. Some of you seek to have trouble accepting that fact that the quality of most NRL teams is shit right now, you also seem to have difficulty accepting that just because I think things should be better that doesn't mean I think we should be a fucking Premiership threat lololol.

Some of you have developed a massive loser mentality and accept mediocrity far to easily, some of these examples are absolutely ridiculous. We shouldn't win a single game according to some of you blokes thinking our players are the most useless **** in existence.
Name rosters worse than ours?
Maybe titans that’s it

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Name a worse roster?
Or would you say it’s the worst or second worst
Why? There's plenty of shit rosters with very little difference between them. We have a lack of balance and lack experience in the spine, but I've already said with better coaching and development that I believe the value of certain players would be greater than people currently believe it to be.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why? There's plenty of shit rosters with very little difference between them. We have a lack of balance and lack experience in the spine, but I've already said with better coaching and development that I believe the value of certain players would be greater than people currently believe it to be.
So having the worst roster has no impact on the coach?
You surely can’t expect pay to perform with the worst roster
Your avoiding a simple question
Who has a worse roster than our?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So having the worst roster has no impact on the coach?
You surely can’t expect pay to perform with the worst roster
Your avoiding a simple question
Who has a worse roster than our?
Of course there is an impact, but it's not the ultimate excuse like some of you are pretending it is. Players can improve with good coaching, players can look better within well structured sides, players can also look better executing a role they are comfortable with, etc. There are so many things that can impact the value of a roster and the coach is one of them.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

But 99/100 the car wins
Well If the guy on the pushbike guns it from the start and his chain breaks because he didn't tighten it, forgot to put the seat on, and slams into the first wall because he chose the wrong tyres you'd be thinking hard about sticking with him until a supercar becomes available.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Of course there is an impact, but it's not the ultimate excuse like some of you are pretending it is. Players can improve with good coaching, players can look better within well structured sides, players can also look better executing a role they are comfortable with, etc. There are so many things that can impact the value of a roster and the coach is one of them.
Yes mate , but you can’t expect this team to be a top 10 team surely
Sharks are10th and have a look at there roster?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well If the guy on the pushbike guns it from the start and his chain breaks because he didn't tighten it, forgot to put the seat on, and slams into the first wall because he chose the wrong tyres you'd be thinking hard about sticking with him until a supercar becomes available.
Tight e the chain, oil what ever you want miss the wall, put racing seat on
Bike still losing lolololol
Good try tho

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Tight e the chain, oil what ever you want miss the wall, put racing seat on
Bike still losing lolololol
Good try tho
Same with coaching a footy side. Some coaches will never win you anything no matter how many good players you surround them with.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Same with coaching a footy side. Some coaches will never win you anything no matter how many good players you surround them with.
And that is also my point, how can you judge him with a shit roster
Not like he had a previous nrl gig with bad record

That’s what I’m saying how can you judge his coaching ability with the team we have

Hence why I reserve my option on his coaching ability’s

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
And that is also my point, how can you judge him with a shit roster
Not like he had a previous nrl gig with bad record

That’s what I’m saying how can you judge his coaching ability with the team we have

Hence why I reserve my option on his coaching ability’s
To be totally honest I disagree with this idea that you cant make any judgement on his ability as a coach because of the squad. Good coaches make the best out of what they have available. Maybe they have some great plans and structures that you can see that the roster just can't pull off. Turning average players into decent NRL prospects should be top of the list for me. Those players have the most ability to improve compared to established rep stars. Right now I have no doubt the guys are busting a hump and trying hard but we have to be realistic, the NRL is the hardest rugby league competition on earth. To win a premiership you need to have everything in order from top to bottom of the organisation. The only question that needs answering is Dean the BEST coach we can get?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To be totally honest I disagree with this idea that you cant make any judgement on his ability as a coach because of the squad. Good coaches make the best out of what they have available. Maybe they have some great plans and structures that you can see that the roster just can't pull off. Turning average players into decent NRL prospects should be top of the list for me. Those players have the most ability to improve compared to established rep stars. Right now I have no doubt the guys are busting a hump and trying hard but we have to be realistic, the NRL is the hardest rugby league competition on earth. To win a premiership you need to have everything in order from top to bottom of the organisation. The only question that needs answering is Dean the BEST coach we can get?
That’s it, how do you know Trent Robison or Bellamy would have this team playing any better
We don’t, no one knows
Hence why I said I will reserve judgment until he succeeds or fails with a good squad

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s it, how do you know Trent Robison or Bellamy would have this team playing any better
We don’t, no one knows
Hence why I said I will reserve judgment until he succeeds or fails with a good squad
You've been watching his team for nearly two years now surely you have some idea? Bellamy for example is renowned for what he can get out of journeymen players.