Official STEVE PRICE TO BECOME BULLDOGS' NEW GENERAL MANAGER OF FOOTBALL

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not 100% sure if this is good or bad, time will tell I guess.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have continued the growing theme of nepotism within the ranks by hiring yet another board member to multiple roles and multiple salaries

Headline fixed
Hes stepping down, therefore one salary

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I rate it. If he’s going to strengthen our Jr pathways and improve the long term pipeline we have then there’s not too much he can fuck up. I’m more surprised there wasn’t already someone in this sort of role making waves. A far cry from the Des/ Dib/ Castle days.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good luck to Pricey. I hope he does well..

I have no idea how he'll go in a role like this but it's certainly worth keeping an eye on the continual pattern of giving jobs to the old boys with "Bulldogs DNA"...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
WHAT'S SO FUNNY GUYS?!

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

STEVE PRICE TO BECOME BULLDOGS' NEW GENERAL MANAGER OF FOOTBALL
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have continued the commitment to excellence within their Football Department by appointing former club legend Steve Price as their new General Manager of Football.

Price played 222 matches for the Bulldogs during an illustrious career and was a member of the 1995 and 2004 Premiership winning teams. He also captained the 2004 side throughout that season before injury ruled him out of the Grand Final. He is currently in a management role with Westfund Health Insurance after successfully running his own business and completing his MBA studies.

Price is currently a member of the Bulldogs Football Club Board and will stand down from that position to take on the new role.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill was delighted at being able to add to the strength of the Bulldogs Football Department by appointing someone of Price’s pedigree and background:

“After spending some time making sure that we found the right person, Steve was the outstanding candidate that came out of our interview process.

Part of our long-term planning here at the Bulldogs is to return to adopting a development club philosophy. With the formation of stronger ties to Country New South Wales and a commitment to our local Junior League and Pathways system, we felt that Steve was the perfect person to bring all these pieces together.

Steve has great leadership skills and a wealth of experience across both football and business. He also has a unique ability to be able to link our past to our future and he will bring a strong vision around the development of culture and family values at our club.

Steve also has a great understanding of what a player in the NRL needs in terms of support and has been the Chairman of our Player Wellbeing and Welfare Committee for the past 18 months.

With the recent appointment of Jack Mesley as Chief Commercial Officer and Stacie Brand as Membership and Fan Engagement Manager, we are continuing our long term plan to recruit and develop the best people, on and off the field.”

Price was excited about what lies ahead for the club:

“I am extremely proud to have been appointed as General Manager of Football at the Bulldogs. During my playing career I completed my MBA and once I retired worked outside of the game and found it extremely beneficial to get a different perspective to the one I had as a player. I ran my own business in New Zealand for 3 years that also gave me a wealth of experience and knowledge I didn’t previously have. I am really looking forward to working with everyone at the Bulldogs and to continue building towards making this club great again.”

Chair Lynne Anderson also looked forward to what Price could bring to the role:

“I’m thrilled that Pricey has decided to join our revamped Football Department. One of our goals as a new Board was to attract the best talent, both on and off the field. Steve has undeniable high performance experience and importantly will bring his blue and white passion to this role. While on the Board he has helped shape the long term strategy around rebuilding our club and I could also see he had a growing excitement around where we are heading. Ultimately, he wanted to be a part of making sure the right change occurred. I know my Dad, as a long-time CEO, would be smiling to see that one of his youngest recruits to this club will now return to help guide it back to the top in line with our famous Bulldogs DNA.“
Just wait and see, I wish him good luck, anyway

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Looks like a good appointment with the right education and football knowledge however he hasn’t been involved in a football club at this level before so he will have to get up to speed quickly. Hope he kills it!

I wish the club would give the “Bulldogs DNA” line a rest its a bit cringeworthy.
Along with "my Dad".

Hope that didnt sound negative cos I wish them every success.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I rate it. If he’s going to strengthen our Jr pathways and improve the long term pipeline we have then there’s not too much he can fuck up. I’m more surprised there wasn’t already someone in this sort of role making waves. A far cry from the Des/ Dib/ Castle days.
Wasn't Andrew Farrar the last GMF?

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have continued the growing theme of nepotism within the ranks by hiring yet another board member to multiple roles and multiple salaries

Headline fixed
Who is pocketing multiple salaries?

Hasn't been 1 day and you're already taking cheap shots you carp

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like this....

Ultimately, he wanted to be a part of making sure the right change occurred. I know my Dad, as a long-time CEO, would be smiling to see that one of his youngest recruits to this club will now return to help guide it back to the top in line with our famous Bulldogs DNA.“

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Headline fixed
Yeah you get paid very handsomely for sitting on a board hmmm yeppoppppp

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Who is pocketing multiple salaries?

Hasn't been 1 day and you're already taking cheap shots you carp
There have been quite a few examples of board members and other staff fulfilling multiple roles, some of them fulltime roles pocketing both salaries. I am not pro this board nor the last. I am pro Bulldog pro bono if they think they can fullfil multiple fulltime and part time roles and fully extend themselves into both roles.

It's not beneficial to the the club to have one person doing half of two roles. FFS why is this concept so hard to grasp for some of the mental midgets on here

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There have been quite a few examples of board members and other staff fulfilling multiple roles, some of them fulltime roles pocketing both salaries. I am not pro this board nor the last. I am pro Bulldog pro bono if they think they can fullfil multiple fulltime and part time roles and fully extend themselves into both roles.

It's not beneficial to the the club to have one person doing half of two roles. FFS why is this concept so hard to grasp for some of the mental midgets on here

Pro this pro that, you are a professional retard of the highest order

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hes not doing two roles. Read the bloody article. Hes stepping down to take on the fucking role.
And on top of that im pretty sure board members dont get paid. The only mental midget is you

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Good bloke but does he have the smarts for GMF?