Official STEVE PRICE TO BECOME BULLDOGS' NEW GENERAL MANAGER OF FOOTBALL

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

STEVE PRICE TO BECOME BULLDOGS' NEW GENERAL MANAGER OF FOOTBALL
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have continued the commitment to excellence within their Football Department by appointing former club legend Steve Price as their new General Manager of Football.

Price played 222 matches for the Bulldogs during an illustrious career and was a member of the 1995 and 2004 Premiership winning teams. He also captained the 2004 side throughout that season before injury ruled him out of the Grand Final. He is currently in a management role with Westfund Health Insurance after successfully running his own business and completing his MBA studies.

Price is currently a member of the Bulldogs Football Club Board and will stand down from that position to take on the new role.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill was delighted at being able to add to the strength of the Bulldogs Football Department by appointing someone of Price’s pedigree and background:

“After spending some time making sure that we found the right person, Steve was the outstanding candidate that came out of our interview process.

Part of our long-term planning here at the Bulldogs is to return to adopting a development club philosophy. With the formation of stronger ties to Country New South Wales and a commitment to our local Junior League and Pathways system, we felt that Steve was the perfect person to bring all these pieces together.

Steve has great leadership skills and a wealth of experience across both football and business. He also has a unique ability to be able to link our past to our future and he will bring a strong vision around the development of culture and family values at our club.

Steve also has a great understanding of what a player in the NRL needs in terms of support and has been the Chairman of our Player Wellbeing and Welfare Committee for the past 18 months.

With the recent appointment of Jack Mesley as Chief Commercial Officer and Stacie Brand as Membership and Fan Engagement Manager, we are continuing our long term plan to recruit and develop the best people, on and off the field.”

Price was excited about what lies ahead for the club:

“I am extremely proud to have been appointed as General Manager of Football at the Bulldogs. During my playing career I completed my MBA and once I retired worked outside of the game and found it extremely beneficial to get a different perspective to the one I had as a player. I ran my own business in New Zealand for 3 years that also gave me a wealth of experience and knowledge I didn’t previously have. I am really looking forward to working with everyone at the Bulldogs and to continue building towards making this club great again.”

Chair Lynne Anderson also looked forward to what Price could bring to the role:

“I’m thrilled that Pricey has decided to join our revamped Football Department. One of our goals as a new Board was to attract the best talent, both on and off the field. Steve has undeniable high performance experience and importantly will bring his blue and white passion to this role. While on the Board he has helped shape the long term strategy around rebuilding our club and I could also see he had a growing excitement around where we are heading. Ultimately, he wanted to be a part of making sure the right change occurred. I know my Dad, as a long-time CEO, would be smiling to see that one of his youngest recruits to this club will now return to help guide it back to the top in line with our famous Bulldogs DNA.“

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm there a couple of pro’s to this but a bit more cons. One to keep an eye on

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not convinced.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loved him as a player and captain and is still my all time fav player. Let’s hope he is as good in this role as he was a captain/player

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
All of a sudden there’s 2 spots on the board that have to be filled....

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Haha I love how they try to dress this up as a promotion.

They are kicking him off the board is the long and short of it.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like a good appointment with the right education and football knowledge however he hasn’t been involved in a football club at this level before so he will have to get up to speed quickly. Hope he kills it!

I wish the club would give the “Bulldogs DNA” line a rest its a bit cringeworthy.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
All of a sudden there’s 2 spots on the board that have to be filled....
That might be a good thing - to attract additional diversity and experience for those board seats. I don’t smell division or trouble, it’s a full-time job for Pricey and he can’t hold both positions. Turvey is a legend but it’s time to look to the future. This to me says opportunity, nothing else.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That might be a good thing - to attract additional diversity and experience for those board seats. I don’t smell division or trouble, it’s a full-time job for Pricey and he can’t hold both positions. Turvey is a legend but it’s time to look to the future. This to me says opportunity, nothing else.
Some fresh blood and ideas can only be a good thing. It will be interesting to see who the replacements are.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Loved pricey as a player and he was doggies through an through. Once he went to the Warriors I lost a bit of respect for him..!! Not sure weather this will have a positive or not, but will wait an see before I make up my mind..!!

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have continued the growing theme of nepotism within the ranks by hiring yet another board member to multiple roles and multiple salaries

Headline fixed

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He might do good as he played for us so he might do good as he has a history with us

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Well, firstly, I think you’d find under the by-laws and governance of the football club no-one can be ‘kicked off’ - you can resign or be voted off by the members at an election.

Why do most people automatically smell a rat?

I think he wants a full-time job and dedicate all his time to the club. Nothing wrong with that.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have continued the growing theme of nepotism within the ranks by hiring yet another board member to multiple roles and multiple salaries

Headline fixed
No matter what, there is always that one dickhead who will be there to find the negative in every situation.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
No matter what, there is always that one dickhead who will be there to find the negative in every situation.
To be fair. I am hardly the person on here who ALWAYS finds a negative in every situation but I WILL call it out as I see it.

Thanks for your input you piece of shit

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm a very positive poster, probably top 5 on here tbh. But even I dunno how to feel about this :(

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Well, firstly, I think you’d find under the by-laws and governance of the football club no-one can be ‘kicked off’ - you can resign or be voted off by the members at an election.

Why do most people automatically smell a rat?

I think he wants a full-time job and dedicate all his time to the club. Nothing wrong with that.
Its fairly obvious he has been shown the door at board level and this the nice way of doing it.

Happy for him to be given this position as he will probably be able to offer more in this role.