Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Canterbury target Api Koroisau & Foran injured again

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury target Api Koroisau as Kieran Foran’s injury curse hits another hurdle
Canterbury’s struggle to score points has been one of the defining factors of Dean Pay’s battling reign — but the Bulldogs have their sights on a player who could make an immediate difference.
Paul Crawley, The Daily Telegraph
Subscriber only
|
24 minutes ago

Canterbury have pinned a target on Manly hooker Api Koroisau as their priority signing for next season, just as Kieran Foran’s injury curse hits another hurdle.

Despite having two years to run on his current deal at Manly, Koroisau has been given permission to negotiate with rival clubs following the emergence of young gun dummy half Manase Fainu.

The Bulldogs see Koroisau as an ideal fit given he is regarded as one of the game’s best dummy halves and at 26 his best football years are still ahead of him despite his own injury setbacks this year.

Koroisau is currently sidelined with an ankle syndesmosis injury but he has been named on an extended bench this week.

It is understood Dean Pay is a huge fan of Koroisau’s crafty dummy half work, and Pay believes his experience would not only assist in the development of Jeremy Marshall-King but also significantly benefit the football of young halves Jack Cogger and Lachlan Lewis.

The Bulldogs have already made public their intentions to target some big name recruits for the 2021 season but given Koroisau’s immediate availability he has now gone straight to the top of their list.

The Bulldogs have really struggled to score points again this year and Koroisau is the type of player who could really spark them to life.

They are currently ranked 16th in the NRL with 228 points scored, by far the worst in the league with Gold Coast second last but scoring 296 points.

Meanwhile, Pay and the Canterbury players have been rallying around Foran this week after he suffered another injury

Foran has now sustained a calf problem that is believed to be directly related to his ongoing hamstring issue.

There has been a lot of speculation that the Bulldogs would be keen to move Foran if a rival club showed interest.

But given his injury history and the big money he is currently on that is just not a realistic alternative.

While Foran has only played 10 games this year, Pay also understands what a fit Foran is still capable of and the coach has reassured Foran that he is wanted at the club.

Foran hasn’t played more than 20 games in a season since 2014.

He played 22 in 2014, 19 the following year, nine in 2016, 17 in 2017 and 12 last year.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Foran hasn’t played more than 20 games in a season since 2014.

He played 22 in 2014, 19 the following year, nine in 2016, 17 in 2017 and 12 last year.
Wow. His manager did a pretty good job on us. He hasn't played close to a full season in 5 years. No way is he gonna get any better... his body is done. No club is gonna sign him for 10 games a year .. Needs to be pressured to retire.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id be more happier to get api before ramien, cant see why we cant sign both in the next few days tbh.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Lichaa would out last him fuck me we don’t need another Foran.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If we jag Api and Ramien i would give the board credit where due
Completely agree. If they land these two and Herman I’ll give credit here. They aren’t stars but they are players that walk into our squad and provide exactly parts we lack badly!

With those 3 in I’d almost say it’s a top 8 team and then with A lot more cap in 2021 we could be a force. Especially if Flanagan comes

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Completely agree. If they land these two and Herman I’ll give credit here. They aren’t stars but they are players that walk into our squad and provide exactly parts we lack badly!

With those 3 in I’d almost say it’s a top 8 team and then with A lot more cap in 2021 we could be a force. Especially if Flanagan comes
LOLLLLL with those 3 we are possibly "competitive" at best NOT almost a top 8 team

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
LOLLLLL with those 3 we are possibly "competitive" at best NOT almost a top 8 team
I’d say it’s almost a top 8 team with those 3?

Dwz
Smith
Hoppa
Raimen
Okunbor?
Lewis/wakeham/cogger
Foran

Not terrible.

Tolman
Api
Napa
Stimson
Chn
Jackson

Again not terrible.

Herman
Sue
Ogden
Jmk

Again not terrible

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’d say it’s almost a top 8 team with those 3?

Dwz
Smith
Hoppa
Raimen
Okunbor?
Lewis/wakeham/cogger
Foran

Not terrible.

Tolman
Api
Napa
Stimson
Chn
Jackson

Again not terrible.

Herman
Sue
Ogden
Jmk

Again not terrible
It’s guaranteed top 8 team if Pay wasn’t the coach

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I've heard that Api is a done deal and will be announced within the next few days.

Nothing else on the other mentioned players on the forum
Never seen you say this sort of stuff. Though Fick I hope your right

Minix

Waterboy
Reaction score
Never seen you say this sort of stuff. Though Fick I hope your right
A couple of days ago, a mate who is related to one of the sponsors said massive massive signing news in the next few days at the Dogs, but i cant tell you who.

The way he was carrying on, i thought must be someone like Tommy Turbo, and after busting his chops he said Api. Fuck me i thought. Could be blowing sand up me ass but who knows

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
A couple of days ago, a mate who is related to one of the sponsors said massive massive signing news in the next few days at the Dogs, but i cant tell you who.

The way he was carrying on, i thought must be someone like Tommy Turbo, and after busting his chops he said Api. Fuck me i thought. Could be blowing sand up me ass but who knows

Love ya work

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like youre having a shot in the dark.. Source? Or just an educated guess..
I've heard that Api is a done deal and will be announced within the next few days.

Nothing else on the other mentioned players on the forum

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol.. We target Api
We missed all our targets, he is the leftovers!

We are the biggest shit show, Coach, CEO and Board all need to go.

Voting member please don't be mugs and let these guys have another term. Is is seriously the worse our club has ever been run.
Don't bother responding to this post if your going to give me this blame game shit.