News Jack De Bellend Megathread

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Isn’t he going to court again? Fucking hell **** cop it on the chin.
Yep.

In all honesty to me it feels like a desperate attempt to get back into the game and cash in, before the major court case comes in and decides his fate.

Which, if what I'm saying IS correct, doesn't sound good.

But that said the flipside is if you knew you were about to go down for something, wouldn't you save money instead of blowing it on a court case that is kinda meaningless.

I mean consider the astronomical costs of the first case which he lost. QC's do not come cheap, nor do Supreme Court costs. Probably blew best part of $50-$100k there, and that's without the NRLs legal fees.

Unlike the Folau case (which I think could go either way), I can't see how any appeal is really going to work out for him. Unless it's a deflection technique to take heat off the real case.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And another charge.

Jack De Belin hit with fresh criminal charge

Sidelined NRL player Jack de Belin has been hit with a fresh charge relating to the alleged sexual assault of a woman in Wollongong.

The 28-year-old on Thursday received a new charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, a NSW Police spokeswoman said.

De Belin has maintained his innocence since being charged with aggravated sexual assault in company after an alleged attack of a 19-year-old woman in a unit in December.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/jack-de-belin-hit-with-fresh-criminal-charge-20190627-p521zx.html

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/2ae3f12370654e63e3cf84c4ab75d2e5

Sidelined Dragons player Jack de Belin hit with fourth criminal charge

Sidelined St George Illawarra player Jack de Belin has been hit with a fresh criminal charge relating to his alleged rape of a 19-year-old woman in Wollongong in December.

De Belin is now facing one count of assault occasioning bodily harm after detectives met with his lawyers this week.

It comes after the former NSW Origin star was hit with two additional counts of aggravated sexual assault in company when he faced court in May.

De Belin now faces a total of four charges.

De Belin’s co-accused Callan Sinclair has also had the same charge added to his case.

On Wednesday, Federal Court Judge Jayne Jagot agreed to expedite de Belin’s appeal against the NRL’s stand-down policy.

It’s the second time de Belin has contested the policy and if he’s successful, could be available to play for the Dragons in the final couple of rounds before finals.

De Belin has maintained his innocence since he was hit with the original sexual assault charge.

The new criminal charge will go before Wollongong Local Court in July.

The offence can carry a prison term of five years alone.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh my...this keeps getting more and more interesting. He challenges the NRL and then hey presto another charge appears.

Now he has to have his day in court, but it is not looking too crash hot for old Jack.

Probably good odds to beat one charge, or two, but all four????

I am no legal expert, but surely the Police must have something pretty compelling to continue to lay charges after the prosecution offering him a plea bargain on the first and subsequent two charges.

1.aggravated sexual assault ( initial charge)
2.two additional counts of aggravated sexual assault in company when he faced court in May.
3. assault occasioning actual bodily harm

https://www.9news.com.au/national/n...ustralia/0fb92bbb-e937-43ef-9fd8-3046769bc4eb

It will take the number of charges he is now facing to four.

His co-accused Callan Sinclair is expected to have the same charge added to his case.

The development emerged a day after De Belin notched up a small win in the Federal Court, where a Judge agreed to fast track his fight to play.
There will be a hearing in August of his appeal against last month's decision which effectively endorsed the NRL's no-fault stand down policy.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well that explains why they nabbed Kaufusi the other day. Suggests the club aren't expecting him back for a while (if ever).

AOABH doesn't carry a huge sentence (can even be section 10 - no conviction recorded), however sounds like either someones talking, or more evidence has come to light.

ATTN POSTERS: Remember than ANY comments you make on The Kennel get cached to Google shortly after posting. If your post is removed from this thread, it is deemed too risky and is being removed for both YOUR and the sites protection.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know why, but if it was me facing such serious charges, the last thing I'd be doing is pissing more money down the drain attempting to "out legal" the NRL.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/bc5c7827c83e3ca507f8605b5317b240

July 17, 2019 2:51pm
Source: AAP

Jack de Belin’s lawyers have prepared a 30-page outline to appeal the Federal Court’s decision to support the NRL’s controversial no-fault stand-down policy.
The St. George Illawarra forward’s fight for his rugby league career will continue when he returns to court on Monday in an attempt to overturn Justice Melissa Perry’s original ruling.

His lawyers claim the NRL failed to provide evidence that existing sponsors threatened to pull out because of a player being charged with a criminal offence. They have also suggested the governing body could have decreased the amount of alcohol advertising in an attempt to address their ‘Summer of Hell’. Removing de Belin from the NRL player marketing fund, banning him from representative games and promotional events were other alternatives listed.

"If the Respondents wanted to take action connected with curbing player behaviour and addressing cultural issues, they might, for example, have taken steps such as reducing the prevalence with which they encourage alcohol consumption. Particularly given, as (NRL chief executive) Greenberg accepted, the role of alcohol in many off-field player issues including violence against women."

De Belin’s camp also argue the NRL failed to prove that the public would believe the game condoned violence against women if it had not banned de Belin. They believe only about 50 of the 528 pages of emails from fans complaining about player misbehaviour even mentioned de Belin by name.

“And many of them were supportive of Mr de Belin, pointing to his presumption of innocence. The primary judge should have found that the Respondents did not establish an alienation of fans who would stop following the game. Or there was a risk of that occurring absent Mr de Belin being stood down, or that public opinion was in favour of standing him down.”

De Belin’s camp also questioned the inconsistencies in penalties between the automatic stand-down policy, and their discretionary decisions.

The St George Illawarra star is believed to have been refused the right to appeal, compared to Manly star Dylan Walker and Penrith utility Tyrone May.

The latter two are understood to have been stood down under Greenberg’s discretionary powers earlier this year.

However Walker was later reinstated after being found not guilty of domestic violence charges in May.

Tyrone May was hit with additional charges today. They are also trying to compare his charges to someone that filmed themselves having consensual sex with a woman and allegedly shared it around; and someone who was accused of assaulting their spouse. Those are not even close to the alleged tag team raping of a woman!!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck De Bellend and his "poor me" shenanigans. If I was him I'd be more worried about working on his defense of the sexual assault rather than fighting the NRL over being stood down. Whether he is innocent or guilty at the end of the day he never should have but himself in that situation to begin with, and because of that unfortunately for him he has himself to blame and take what ever comes with it with being stood down.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well looks like the usualls have him bagged tagged and sentenced to prison already.
Only 3 or 4 charges in a rape case. Only now there being charged for actual, bodily harm. The police have fuck all.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And a bloke looking at a girls butt. Wow. Terrible stuff he must be a rapist lets hang him.
Come on people grow up. I wont be judging him till he has his day in court.
And mr i u carry on how under the thumb klemmer is. Then someone goes out for a beer during there holiday season. But because his missus is pregnant she cant take a shit by herself.
U change every situation and rumour to suit your own agenda. Never consistent

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
And a bloke looking at a girls butt. Wow. Terrible stuff he must be a rapist lets hang him.
Come on people grow up. I wont be judging him till he has his day in court.
And mr i u carry on how under the thumb klemmer is. Then someone goes out for a beer during there holiday season. But because his missus is pregnant she cant take a shit by herself.
U change every situation and rumour to suit your own agenda. Never consistent
You have be fucking joking right!!!
According to him he fucked another women when his pregnant partner is home. What the fuck, in what fucking universe is that ok???
According to her she was rapped.
Yes lets wait for the criminal case to see if a jury finds him to be a rapist.
But Mr I pointing out that De Belin is scum is absolutely accurate.

Last edited:

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well looks like the usualls have him bagged tagged and sentenced to prison already.
Only 3 or 4 charges in a rape case. Only now there being charged for actual, bodily harm. The police have fuck all.
I'm prepared to wait until both sides give evidence and a verdict is reached until I lash out at anyone. It's a pretty radical concept but I'm sticking to it. It's almost like the Brett Stewart case and others are some sort of illusion because most haven't learnt anything.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm prepared to wait until both sides give evidence and a verdict is reached until I lash out at anyone. It's a pretty radical concept but I'm sticking to it. It's almost like the Brett Stewart case and others are some sort of illusion because most haven't learnt anything.
Thankyou, obviously trafford and 4 others are not into women too much.
People have kids too early and dont live life so have zero idea.
According to her she was rapped, but according to twice as many other people she was not.
Stupid fucking post trafford. I bet your a pay fan too

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have be fucking joking right!!!
According to him he fuck another women when his pregnant partner is home. What the fuck, in what fucking universe is that ok???
According to her she was rapped.
Yes lets wait for the criminal case to see if a jury finds him to be a rapist.
But Mr I pointing out that De Belin is scum is absolutely accurate.
It isnt rape just because your missus is at home pregnant u stupid fucking wanna be do gooder.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Straight18 police pressed more charges because more solid evidence came to light.

Obviously I can't say too much in the open forum, but if what I've heard is correct, his legal team have their work cut out for them.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It isnt rape just because your missus is at home pregnant u stupid fucking wanna be do gooder.
I was a police prosecutor for 8 years and I know the very low percentage of rapes that are reported and have a lot of experience & education on the subject, clearly you don't.

Last edited by a moderator:

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People have kids too early and dont live life so have zero idea.
According to her she was rapped, but according to twice as many other people she was not.
Stupid fucking post trafford. I bet your a pay fan too
Facts are he’s had sex with another woman that is not his pregnant partner. The police have pressed rape charges according to the evidence they have. So you continue to listen to all those other people because I’m sure they know everything. Here’s my 2 cents debellend is a fucking dumb ****

Last edited:

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry do you have the reading comprehension of a 6 year old. I said fucking another women while he has a pregnant partner at home makes him a scum bag, in agreement with Mr I.
We need to wait on the jury and/or the court to determine if he is guilty of rape.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What does this mean? What you think women enjoy being raped?

Who are these "twice as many other people" of which to speak? Surely you are not referring to the two accused rapists!!

I bet your a pay fan too
Sorry how is that relevant?

You seem to have a cavalier attitude to rape, with complete ignorance of the ruin and trauma that crime causes.

In this case I have no idea if the case will be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, but I tell you this for nothing, my experience tells me to believe her 100%.