Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are we waiting? For what? A signature to magically drop out of the sky? Santa Claus (early) or the Easter Bunny (late) to leave us a present? Maybe it's the Tooth Fairy, leave a signed contract under the pillow? The signing processes followed for DWZ and Stimson didn't wait for a miracle, it was done behind closed doors and announced when appropriate. I see no reason why Turpin would be any different, if he is in our plans then we will be pursuing him, if not then we won't. I don't see any scope for "waiting".

Go Dogs
turpin already been to the club, met those in charge, now being reported as resigning with the broncos and happy to be playing second fiddle behind mccollough

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
turpin already been to the club, met those in charge, now being reported as resigning with the broncos and happy to be playing second fiddle behind mccollough
The Broncos' have too many gunning for those positions and especially in the backline. Something has to give, and we have opportunity in first grade as a big lure. As long as we don't end up with McCullough.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Oates to replace Meaney. 600k?
Turpin to replace Lichaa. 300k?
Welch to push Napa to the bench. 600k?

I'd be so happy with any of these signings.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

I would love Welch to come down to replace Tolman. We should offer him to super league or the bench. Pretty sure Oates has signed an extension and Turpin wants to stay and is playing in the halves.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I would love Welch to come down to replace Tolman. We should offer him to super league or the bench. Pretty sure Oates has signed an extension and Turpin wants to stay and is playing in the halves.
I'd move Tolman on after next year. Turpin's only in the halves since Dearden is injured, it'll be between him and McCullough for the starting 9 spot. McCullough has a year in his favour to stay at the Broncos. Promising Turpin a starting spot and $ upgrade I think we still have a chance in signing him. Oates I've wanted for 2 years now, I think he's already rejected 600k from us, even 700k I'd take him. Until Broncos announce resigning's I'm going to keep hoping. Also 5 year deals for all 3 of them (maybe a little risky with Turpin, but our options after Brailey and Turpin don't look to great).

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

We aren't getting Jake. Club completely fucked that deal up treating him like shit. Hence unlikely to get Welch either.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What did we do?
I'm going to assume we low balled him on the $ amount and maybe a short 2 year deal. I'm not sure who/where the source is for this tho.

Last edited:

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Noticed Issac Luke is off contract. Maybe offer something or I can see the club signing Lichaa again haha

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Noticed Issac Luke is off contract. Maybe offer something or I can see the club signing Lichaa again haha
Luke's behind Lawton and Roache at the Warriors. He's only playing because they're both injured.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

I was speaking to a tigers insider yesterday at Tollgate hotel who told me that Russell Packer is not wanted at the Tigerpies under Madge.

Legend has it that Maguire told him this straight to his face and said that he will be playing reserve grade for the rest of his time here, and that Packer said he was happy to cruise and take the money and see out his contract and bludge in reserves.

They are no longer on speaking terms and that contract is between 6/700 k per year till 2021.

Giveth the tigers clearly don’t want him, maybe we can do a reverse Mumbai and pick him up on the cheap? Tigers may agree to pay significant freight here and we can get a player like Eastwood, who was good for us for most of his ten year career with us, cheaply.

Pretend its 600 a year and Tigers pay 200 off that, we can pick him on a three year 1.2k deal! Just might add some experience and punch we need up front?

-Nasheed.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here (again),

I see this all the time, just casual mentions of 'offer this or that player to Super League' like we are swapping Scanlen footy cards.

Look Roth, England is one of the greatest countries in the world but for alot of players it isnt that easy to just be traded to the ESL.

Visas and whatnot are a thing, while that probably isnt an issue for Tolman, is for alot of players.

Also Tolman has a family with kids. I saw them on the paddock in his tribute game. He would need to uproot htem and the wife and move to a foreign country on likely equal or lesser pay. Or he will need to leave them behind for a year or two whilst his career peters out since players are largely forgotten when shipped to England. Look at Warburton!

Not that easy to do

Like in my previous post, we should look to do a trade off with someone like Russell Packer. We offer Packer the 450 we give Tolman and let Tigers pay the surcharge. They get a warrior like Tolman to supplement their big bodies and we get a bit of punch up frnt to a player who has a similar style to Tolman otherwise.

Ans the beauty? neither players need to move home, the clubs are NEIGHBOURS!

-Nasheed.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Packer and Arrow will end up at Eels along with Ese'ese I reckon.

They just offloaded Manu Mau, Tepai Moeroa, and David Gower retired. Mannah, Alvaro, and Terepo are all off contract this year..

They need grunt upfront and those three guys would provide that for them.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Packer can go and piss on someone else's lawn. Do not want.
Why not?
An aggressive, experienced prop with a high work rate for 400 over two years?

What’s not to want?
Worst case he is depth. Nasheed.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs Canterbury Cup player Connelly Lemuelu for signing a 2 year deal with the The North Queensland Cowboys as of 2020

Bit surprised with this he has been good for us in Canterbury cup mite have been worth keeping on the cheap as he can cover 1 to 7

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Another one lost. Though I was surprised he got a development squad contract. I'd have thought Clayton, Averillo or Harding would. Or maybe he's seen the juniors coming through and realized he won't see first grade.

Then there is Cerruto, who is coming back from injury and maybe influenced him, assuming the club keep him.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs Canterbury Cup player Connelly Lemuelu for signing a 2 year deal with the The North Queensland Cowboys as of 2020

Bit surprised with this he has been good for us in Canterbury cup mite have been worth keeping on the cheap as he can cover 1 to 7
This is good news. Meaney to reserve grade fullback now. Let the kid develop in his preferred position instead of having someone who's leaving there

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is good news. Meaney to reserve grade fullback now. Let the kid develop in his preferred position instead of having someone who's leaving there
True, he shouldn't see 1st grade till he develops some mongrel and adds on 5kgs of beef to him.