Official Round 18 - Dogs vs Broncos - Consolidated Match Thread

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Then why not put a actual winger in than?
Because Wakeham is only in the team temporarily, almost certainly drops out next week when Foran returns.

Meaneys currently potting them at 90%, which for a team like us is pretty crucial.

More than happy to sacrifice Okunbors extra yardage for Meaneys safer hands alone, let alone his goal kicking. Okunbors regular spills inside our defensive 20 are absolute coach killers and we can’t afford it.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okunbor lisfranc injury in Round 10 (we are now at round 17), made a comeback in CC in Round 15 and incured another foot/leg/ankle injury, CC has a bye this week, so will most likely return next week. After being out for so long it would be stupid to rush him straight back into an NRL game, needs to complete a game in CC first.
Jayden played CCup last week against Newcastle.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My god the level of intelligence on this forum is embarrassing. He has been one of the best if not the best player in the last 2 weeks and surprise we have won both games.
I could argue the same thing going by your logic! He pulled this same stunt two years ago when he had a few good games at the end of his contract year and fooled the club into re-signing him and then promptly turned back into the below par Reserve Grade standard player every other game after that.

If he's such a great player, why was he dropped to Reserve Grade and playing behind JMK who isn't an established hooker for a wooden spoon contending team? A few decent games here and there doesn't change the fact that Lichaa has proven over 100 games in the NRL that he isn't good enough to be a starting FG hooker week in week out.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And had an absolute mare with 4 handling errors. He should spend the rest of the season there.
He definitely has issues with ball security and lack of concentration. How has Katoa been going?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Okunbor lisfranc injury in Round 10 (we are now at round 17), made a comeback in CC in Round 15 and incured another foot/leg/ankle injury, CC has a bye this week, so will most likely return next week. After being out for so long it would be stupid to rush him straight back into an NRL game, needs to complete a game in CC first.

Holland, last played NRL in Round 8, injured in CC Round 12, made a comeback in CC in Round 16 (scored a try). Is available but didn't play well enough to oust the incumbents, maybe another week needed to get to full match fitness and confidence in the knee.

Go Dogs
Okunbor played last week.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’s been playing a fair bit of Flegg this year too.
It really is crazy that aside from the Hazem/Utai combo at it's peak, we have struggled to have two high quality wingers in the team each year for 25 plus years... Sometimes it's been a struggle just to have one.

Other clubs seem to find wingers quite easily, yet it's always a continual weakness of this club. At the time I didn't think losing Corey Thompson was a big loss, but someone like him would be perfect right now on the cheap to play winger and fullback...

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My god the level of intelligence on this forum is embarrassing. He has been one of the best if not the best player in the last 2 weeks and surprise we have won both games.
Please tell me this is sarcasm...

Lichaa has been given chance after chance after chance. I don't care if he gets man of the match for every game remaining this season. He's done it before 2 years ago when his contract was on the line and I sure as hell will fucking lose it if we make the same mistake and keep him on.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
your views of lichaa clouds the facts, lichaa has been rubbish for 5 seasons, 2 good games from a possible 17 this season, hes had way more chances then he deserves, park footy is his go and thats where he should stay

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Combined 17 (just going of NRL.com, players not in the right position, but it'll do)
1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Hopoate
5. Isaako
6. Boyd
7. Turpin
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Haas
11. Jackson
12. Pangai Junior
13. Elliott
3/13 - Hopoate, Jackson, Elliott

14. Segeyaro
15. Ofahengaue
16. Fifita
17. Carrigan
0/4

Basically the same as the last 2 weeks, going to be another tough ask for the boys. Need to be near perfect in the effort areas and with our discipline. Broncos have the better players in the halves slightly, but they're out of position. Milford has only played 2(?) games at fullback this year, but has looked very good already. I think it's possible that we'll have an advantage in the spine, but I still think Broncos have better players individually/experience wise there.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It really is crazy that aside from the Hazem/Utai combo at it's peak, we have struggled to have two high quality wingers in the team each year for 25 plus years... Sometimes it's been a struggle just to have one.

Other clubs seem to find wingers quite easily, yet it's always a continual weakness of this club. At the time I didn't think losing Corey Thompson was a big loss, but someone like him would be perfect right now on the cheap to play winger and fullback...
We have never really been a club that has had that much talent in the backline. Even in our prime it has been blokes that just get the job done instead of doing anything flash. There’s been plenty of more Halligan type players then there has been Vagana’s.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our club's mentality towards the backs is absurd especially in today's game.

Even back when Folkes was leading the club when the wingers in the ilk of Folau and Inglis popped up we refused to grow and try and find our own wingers like that instead always focusing on the forward pack.

Another huge issue we've had is finding a decent halfback and 5/8 ever since the Sherwin/Anasta combo. We LITERALLY have not had a world class spine or backline since 2006. It's astounding how backwards our club can be

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In your opinion that is. In my opinion the guy is a park footballer at best. Takes 2 steps before he passes, his passes have more of an arc than the harbour bridge, he looks like he is going to fall when he runs and he takes the wrong option more often than not.
Yes he can defend and has been better the last 2 weeks but no chance he has been "one of the best or the best player the last 2 weeks". He is just not a first grade player