Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Holbrook, Hill and Coach Consolidated Mega Thread

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think Griffin would be the best pick. Experienced and a good coach!!
Depends if he gets an offer to head to UK.

Toovey, Griffin, and Flanno are the three main guys without gigs. Flanno can't be in NRL, but nothing stopping him heading to St Helens. Toovey I see best as say a Recruitment Manager or even GM of Football (which we have openings for). He's good with numbers and could do well as a recruitment guru.

Griffin (and if Titans are smart), bring in Walker Brothers as assistants.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Holbrook with Pay and Georgallis as Asst Coaches would work well. Bring in Kimmorley and Sherwin as halves coaches, and try to get Corey Hughes back to help our hookers.

I can't recall as it was a while back, but did he leave on good terms?

From memory it was the 2009, 2010, 2011 seasons he coached Bansktown Sports (09), then Bulldogs (10 and 11) to premierships.
Not sure on coaching side. I would think so. He was a gun half in his playing days . Pretty sure he played sg ball , flegg etc eith dogs.

Any good half in those days at the dogs in jr reps were told to look elsewhere as Sherwin and Hughes were coming through and they were the anointed ones. Hence why he played for newcastle and not us.

I remember in jr league he won alot of the cbjrl awards. The guy knows his footy and to he credit looks likely to get a nrl gig.Hopefully ours.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure on coaching side. I would think so. He was a gun half in his playing days . Pretty sure he played sg ball , flegg etc eith dogs.

Any good half in those days at the dogs in jr reps were told to look elsewhere as Sherwin and Hughes were coming through and they were the anointed ones. Hence why he played for newcastle and not us.

I remember in jr league he won alot of the cbjrl awards. The guy knows his footy and to he credit looks likely to get a nrl gig.Hopefully ours.
Holbrook was playing way before Shifty and Hughes he was playing reserve grade in 1995. So he would probably have some sort of relationship with Chris Anderson but you never know if that’s good or bad with Opes!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Holbrook with Pay and Georgallis as Asst Coaches would work well. Bring in Kimmorley and Sherwin as halves coaches, and try to get Corey Hughes back to help our hookers.

From memory it was the 2009, 2010, 2011 seasons he coached Bansktown Sports (09), then Bulldogs (10 and 11) to premierships.
Corey Hughes was a terrible hooker.

Banned
Reaction score
You must be fairly new here. Mr I has made numerous statements and claims that have spectacularly backfired, particularly in the past year or 2.
@Mr Invisible I’ve often seen you demand a source when other users post rumours or claims regarding the club. Why is there a different set of rules for when you make significant and slanderous allegations regarding Board operations?
Please, in point form, link us to the posts.

You are full of shit.

Whenever there is an article online about the Dogs written from boozefield, Weezler, ****, etc,etc you hose it right down. Same goes about articles on other forums.

When there is an article which suits your agenda you start blowing loads all over your phone.

Of course a puppet of Dibs was made to step down, as that is part of a cleanout.

Dib made Raebro "step down" because she was a threat to him and it didnt suit the fat fucker.

She had her fair share of fuck ups, but atleast she did some good like bring KIA over and some other sponsors.

Greenturd brought Hasler over when he was at the top of his game, which at that time was a stellar move.

What good did that fat fuck do? You are clutching at straws just trying to bring the current board down to Dibs level when he was at the helm.

Your agendas are disgusting and the shit you post up, would think you are an anti-bulldogs supporter if a neutral came aling.

You keep barking about not feeding the media and quickly delete posts and topics when it doesnt suit you, but have a fucken good look in the mirror
As above, please, in point form, link us to the posts.

Put it back in the context from where it came, Notso was crapping on, as he does, so I posted repudiation, it's not intended as a stand alone.

Go Dogs
Feel free to reply here with it in the context of the conversation, or retract your assertion.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Holbrook was playing way before Shifty and Hughes he was playing reserve grade in 1995. So he would probably have some sort of relationship with Chris Anderson but you never know if that’s good or bad with Opes!
Holbrook is 2 years older than Sherwin and Hughes. Hughes made his Nrl debut in 98 i think. Sherwin took a little longer to develop.

Nothing was going to stop Sherwin and Hughes making first grade. And rightly so. Sherwin i believe was one of the most gifted hb to play. Hughes played over 200nrl games and as tough as.

Folkes first ever team he coached had sherwin has his hb and that wasn't by chance. Holbrook was a gun half but would of seen the writing on the wall or got told. Which is what happens at that level. Clubs can 3 good halves in jr or lower grades the always have a plan A .

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Holbrook is 2 years older than Sherwin and Hughes. Hughes made his Nrl debut in 98 i think. Sherwin took a little longer to develop.

Nothing was going to stop Sherwin and Hughes making first grade. And rightly so. Sherwin i believe was one of the most gifted hb to play. Hughes played over 200nrl games and as tough as.

Folkes first ever team he coached had sherwin has his hb and that wasn't by chance. Holbrook was a gun half but would of seen the writing on the wall or got told. Which is what happens at that level. Clubs can 3 good halves in jr or lower grades the always have a plan A .
It was weird that Baa had Shifty playing on wing in 98 for the Presidents Cup side! I think Shifty really benefited from having Polly and Stuart around in his early days of first grade so he could ease himself in and learn from 2 seasoned veterans. You don’t realise how much of a luxury it is until you don’t have it.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It was weird that Baa had Shifty playing on wing in 98 for the Presidents Cup side! I think Shifty really benefited from having Polly and Stuart around in his early days of first grade so he could ease himself in and learn from 2 seasoned veterans. You don’t realise how much of a luxury it is until you don’t have it.
I agree with what you mean by having Stuart and Clyde around. The club made a an investment in the younger guys by having those calibre of players around to learn off.

I honestly reckon those 2 players were brought to mentor the young guns we had in the lower grade who went one to win in 2004.

As for shifty on the wing maybe is was more to do with the physicality of snr footy. Wing is not a bad spot to blood someone when you dont have the physical strength yet to hold down a half spot.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Meninga will do his best to fill the position with a Qldr. I say Griffin.
Griffin needs to run the whole show. Ground up, he isn't the best nrl coach but he is a awesome development coach and implementing a system. He is perfect them. See is a good nrl coach but shit development and systems coach.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My tip for next year is Holbrook coach , Pay , Kimmorley assistant coaches.

Pay wont be sacked from the club . !! Nor should he. Pay has done well with what he has had. However its time for another coach !!
Juniors pathway manager maybe would suit him

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There is a big cheerleading squad on here waving there pom poms for Holbrook.

Would use be happy and so supporting if Holbrook insisted in bringing Josh Reynolds back?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Considering Broncos and Cowboys have been predominantly coached by QLD born/supported coaches, and the Titans havent had a QLD coach since they started, i think this time around the Titans need to and will find a Queenslander as their coach.

Mal is running the show, and its job for the boys! Kevvie will be the next Titans coach. Put your tits on it
meninga is completely clueless and out of his depth, he wouldn't have the faintest idea about coaching and dont give me the crap about him winning all those origins, he was only coach by name and nothing else

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
St. Helens forum

I asked again last night in light of some recent reported developments and was told it's now definitely done. Done, done.

All relevant parties have been informed and The Dogs out of respect for St Helens and their shot at the title are leaving it to St Helens, and I guess Holbrook, to decide the timing of the announcement.

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
St. Helens forum

I asked again last night in light of some recent reported developments and was told it's now definitely done. Done, done.

All relevant parties have been informed and The Dogs out of respect for St Helens and their shot at the title are leaving it to St Helens, and I guess Holbrook, to decide the timing of the announcement.
As head coach though ?

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Might as well ask hetherington instead of hughes. And get him to bring his other son down from broncos.