Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Holbrook, Hill and Coach Consolidated Mega Thread

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I bothered to take the time and post the numbers and graphs that support my view, that we do have the youngest and least experienced. By all means disagree, that's your right of course, but if you want to stick to your view then you really need to substantiate it with some data.

Go Dogs
Don't ever reply to any of my posts ever again.

I'm done with dealing to you. It's a waste of time trying to rationalise with you as you are a narcisist with a grandiose sense of self-importance.

You must have the hide of a rhinoceros to keep hacking away nit picking virtually every post others put up on here. Wake up to yourself. You are on the nose. Settle down and start realising how adversely you are affecting the enjoyment of our page with your constant harping and harrassing requiring every poster to prove their opinion with facts and figures to satisfy your ego.

For closure, I have linked the official figures from NRL.

They cover the av age for the whole roster, so if you adjust for some the inexperienced young "backs" like Meaney, Cogger the av age of the forwards increases because they are older players. I was only talking about our forwards btw.

Our team av is 22.7. The oldest roster is Wests Tigers at 25.5. All other teams 23 to 24. That's not a huge age difference and certainly not enough to continually use as an excuse when playing against our opposition. Also keep in mind it is the av age of whole fg team. Wests have older backs and we have older forwards as a % of our roster.

Clear to see our forwards are not significantly or (excusingly) younger or less experienced than at least 8 of the teams above us on the ladder by comparison and the team as a whole is only marginally younger at 22.7.

Don't bother replying. I do not want to converse or engage with you further.

You ignore me and I will ignore you.

That will be better for everyone's mental health, however, I am sure you will continue on harrassing others for your pleasure.

The only way to stop you from totally dominating each topic is for everyone to do the same.

Just ignore Twinfwit.

He probably won't go away but at least we wont have to wade thru the pages and pages of twoing and froing and arguing with his guy who chooses to misrepresent and cherrypick what you post.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/11/stat-attack-every-nrl-clubs-age-and-experience-factor-in-2019/

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Just on NRL 360 then they said St Helens CEO is heading to Australia next week to search for a new coach as they are resigned to the fact Holbrook is gone. Holbrook is on the shortlist at the Titans but if we replace Pay then Holbrook is our only target.

Reading between the lines I think Holbrook is going to be at the Dogs next year.
Fuck I hope so!

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't ever reply to any of my posts ever again.

I'm done with dealing to you. It's a waste of time trying to rationalise with you as you are a narcisist with a grandiose sense of self-importance.

You must have the hide of a rhinoceros to keep hacking away nit picking virtually every post others put up on here. Wake up to yourself. You are on the nose. Settle down and start realising how adversely you are affecting the enjoyment of our page with your constant harping and harrassing requiring every poster to prove their opinion with facts and figures to satisfy your ego.

For closure, I have linked the official figures from NRL.

They cover the av age for the whole roster, so if you adjust for some the inexperienced young "backs" like Meaney, Cogger the av age of the forwards increases because they are older players. I was only talking about our forwards btw.

Our team av is 22.7. The oldest roster is Wests Tigers at 25.5. All other teams 23 to 24. That's not a huge age difference and certainly not enough to continually use as an excuse when playing against our opposition. Also keep in mind it is the av age of whole fg team. Wests have older backs and we have older forwards as a % of our roster.

Clear to see our forwards are not significantly or (excusingly) younger or less experienced than at least 8 of the teams above us on the ladder by comparison and the team as a whole is only marginally younger at 22.7.

Don't bother replying. I do not want to converse or engage with you further.

You ignore me and I will ignore you.

That will be better for everyone's mental health, however, I am sure you will continue on harrassing others for your pleasure.

The only way to stop you from totally dominating each topic is for everyone to do the same.

Just ignore Twinfwit.

He probably won't go away but at least we wont have to wade thru the pages and pages of twoing and froing and arguing with his guy who chooses to misrepresent and cherrypick what you post.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/11/stat-attack-every-nrl-clubs-age-and-experience-factor-in-2019/
Well said mate.

I've been ignoring twintosser for weeks now and I'm pretty sure he's done the same with me.

Works out best for everyone

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well said mate.

I've been ignoring twintosser for weeks now and I'm pretty sure he's done the same with me.

Works out best for everyone
Thanks mate. He has really ticked me off this time. It's bloody ridiculous.

It's getting that bad we'll all be thinking why bother posting cos you know that peanut will go on and on and on winding you up. Fed up.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just on NRL 360 then they said St Helens CEO is heading to Australia next week to search for a new coach as they are resigned to the fact Holbrook is gone. Holbrook is on the shortlist at the Titans but if we replace Pay then Holbrook is our only target.

Reading between the lines I think Holbrook is going to be at the Dogs next year.
Rumour is...Holbrook has already agreed 3 years deal at the Dogs :tonguewink:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The Sydney Morning Herald has reported that the Dogs are Holbrooks first choice and that he views the Titans coaching job as a poisoned chalice. Aka a coaching career killer. It all depends on the Dogs management / board. If we do the right thing it sounds like the ball is in our court boys. Fingers crossed!!!

Last edited:

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think I just splooshed...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

If it's Eamonn McManus, he's the chairman (I think). Was that via Hooper? Ikin? Kent?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Here is what was said (literally caught it on catchup with a minute to spare):

Ben Ikin - Referenced Adrian Proszenko's article (that I posted on the other page) talking about Holbrook.
James Hooper - Pretty much talks about the article again.
Brent Read - Talks about the 1 year extension to Dean Pay (like I did in a post above) and says winning 5 games in 1 year "is not enough" to save his job.
James Hooper - "Dogs are in a fortuitous position with a very wealthy Leagues Club and if they wanted to they could easily write a cheque and pay Dean Pay out. With the Andersons back at the club, if they want Holbrook as their coach they'll just go out and make it happen".
Brent Read - "Well what's interesting is that St Helens CEO is actually out in Australia in the next week or two looking for a coach, so they're resigned to Justin Holbrook going, be it to the Gold Coast or Canterbury. They think he'll get one of those jobs".

Now if this is correct and they are coming out here next week or the week after, you'd have to assume the Titans haven't moved that quickly.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My tip for next year is Holbrook coach , Pay , Kimmorley assistant coaches.

Pay wont be sacked from the club . !! Nor should he. Pay has done well with what he has had. However its time for another coach !!

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Here is what was said (literally caught it on catchup with a minute to spare):

Ben Ikin - Referenced Adrian Proszenko's article (that I posted on the other page) talking about Holbrook.
James Hooper - Pretty much talks about the article again.
Brent Read - Talks about the 1 year extension to Dean Pay (like I did in a post above) and says winning 5 games in 1 year "is not enough" to save his job.
James Hooper - "Dogs are in a fortuitous position with a very wealthy Leagues Club and if they wanted to they could easily write a cheque and pay Dean Pay out. With the Andersons back at the club, if they want Holbrook as their coach they'll just go out and make it happen".
Brent Read - "Well what's interesting is that St Helens CEO is actually out in Australia in the next week or two looking for a coach, so they're resigned to Justin Holbrook going, be it to the Gold Coast or Canterbury. They think he'll get one of those jobs".

Now if this is correct and they are coming out here next week or the week after, you'd have to assume the Titans haven't moved that quickly.
Considering Broncos and Cowboys have been predominantly coached by QLD born/supported coaches, and the Titans havent had a QLD coach since they started, i think this time around the Titans need to and will find a Queenslander as their coach.

Mal is running the show, and its job for the boys! Kevvie will be the next Titans coach. Put your tits on it

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Holbrook is a local jr playing for St Chrissy in jr league and jr reps. This is the job i would imagine he has been building for.

Spent many a years coaching lower grades at the dogs. The Andersons will get ther man.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Considering Broncos and Cowboys have been predominantly coached by QLD born/supported coaches, and the Titans havent had a QLD coach since they started, i think this time around the Titans need to and will find a Queenslander as their coach.

Mal is running the show, and its job for the boys! Kevvie will be the next Titans coach. Put your tits on it
Meninga will do his best to fill the position with a Qldr. I say Griffin.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think Holbrook with Pay and Georgallis as Asst Coaches would work well. Bring in Kimmorley and Sherwin as halves coaches, and try to get Corey Hughes back to help our hookers.

Holbrook is a local jr playing for St Chrissy in jr league and jr reps. This is the job i would imagine he has been building for.

Spent many a years coaching lower grades at the dogs. The Andersons will get ther man.
I can't recall as it was a while back, but did he leave on good terms?

From memory it was the 2009, 2010, 2011 seasons he coached Bansktown Sports (09), then Bulldogs (10 and 11) to premierships.