Official Round 18 - Dogs vs Broncos - Consolidated Match Thread

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ogden and To'omaga in the same team? It only took til Round 18, a torn ACL for Sue and Tolman being injured for it to happen... Either way, I'll be glad to see them both playing.

Elliott starting is laughable. Ideally he along with Lichaa, Montoya, Chris Smith and Meaney shouldn't be in FG and sooner or later teams will start exposing these weak links more than they have in the last two games. Hopefully by next year we have FG calibre talent replacing those guys.
Lichaa the only one off contract...by the looks of it Management can't seem to sign a hooker.

So all 5 still in the team next year so don't hold your breath thinking Pay can pick our best team.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lichaa the only one off contract...by the looks of it Management can't seem to sign a hooker.

So all 5 still in the team next year so don't hold your breath thinking Pay can pick our best team.
I really hope Lichaa doesn't fool them into extending him. It would be a massive mistake. I just want him gone!!!

The others are still contracted but should all be in Reserves. Hopefully another coach takes over and plays other players and we recruit another couple of more adequate options in those positions before the start of next season.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually see 8t going the other way tbh. If, in her very first fg game as a ref, she wants to prove that she can do the job and be impartial as all good refs should be, then she will ignore the crowd, and if anything, show us a bit more leniance so as to ot look like she is favouring her home team.
Dont you agree??
that's how a reasonable person would approach the situation.. The referees have been anything but reasonable this year.
Which team has more stature in the game ? definitely the Broncos.
Do the NRL need the broncos in the finals? Absolutely.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
For mine, this season is a wipe anyway and it should now be the time to give kids a go who haven’t had one yet. Kalache? Roumanos? Let’s see what they’ve got. We’ve seen what Fualalo has already
Roumanos not even ready for CCC, Kalache may do a job..
but you got understand that the team lost 450 odd games of 1st grade experience in one game (tolman and Sue) you cant replace that with a debutant, especially when RT and Ogden only have a hand full of games themselves..

As far as im concerned the season aint over … I don't want the spoon .. the spoon is something that no team should ever settle for.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So the only reason people want Meaney on the wing is for his goal kicking when Wakeham kicks better

FMD

Anyone would think Meaney is El Masri

IMO Meaney is a Fullback nothing else so he’s is better to get full games at fullback in CC
I want him on the wing because he doesn’t drop the ball coming out of our 20. Okunbor has hands like feet the amount of simple errors he has this season is embarrassing. Stay in Reggie’s till you can catch and read the attack in defence playing without Montoya at center should make that last point a lot easier for him.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roumanos not even ready for CCC, Kalache may do a job..
but you got understand that the team lost 450 odd games of 1st grade experience in one game (tolman and Sue) you cant replace that with a debutant, especially when RT and Ogden only have a hand full of games themselves..

As far as im concerned the season aint over … I don't want the spoon .. the spoon is something that no team should ever settle for.
I get everything you’re saying, I do, and I agree 100% on the spoon. However, Fualolo being in the team doesn’t make one ounce of difference for us getting the spoon or not IMO.

We lost a shit load of experience, that kills me. Some our own fault (Graham Finucane - who should never of been let go) and some not ours (Klemmer). It still kills me that every other club worth their wait seems to keep their marquees but we constantly lose ours year after year after year.... anyway, I digress...

My point is, sometimes you just need to take a punt and see what we’ve got or what we’re sitting on.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I want him on the wing because he doesn’t drop the ball coming out of our 20. Okunbor has hands like feet the amount of simple errors he has this season is embarrassing. Stay in Reggie’s till you can catch and read the attack in defence playing without Montoya at center should make that last point a lot easier for him.
Holland or Crichton would be a much better option than both.. Pay is off his rocket if he thinks Meaney is the better than them.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
that's how a reasonable person would approach the situation.. The referees have been anything but reasonable this year.
Ii get your/my frustration with this, but it would be way too risky for her to do anything but be fair, or even favour us.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

This is correct

If he can manage the simple catch pass and reading defense without looking like a lost deer he would be the best winger we have had in a long time.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Money talks broncs pull a full house it’s all about the money

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is correct

If he can manage the simple catch pass and reading defense without looking like a lost deer he would be the best winger we have had in a long time.
Exactly, he’s great in attack and had a blinder against the storm in his Second Game so he has it in him

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Also the example used in the Monday Breifimg would actually help us and give us more reason to kick bombs to wingers on the tryline

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the life of me I cannot understand Meaney on the wing, absolute turnstiles, good job pay still cannot get a team selection right
Holland and Okunbor should be available for selection right?

Durie1986

Banned
Reaction score
I really hope Lichaa doesn't fool them into extending him. It would be a massive mistake. I just want him gone!!!

The others are still contracted but should all be in Reserves. Hopefully another coach takes over and plays other players and we recruit another couple of more adequate options in those positions before the start of next season.
What’s wrong with lichaa staying on a smaller deal? Experienced player that doesn’t choke the salary cap.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What’s wrong with lichaa staying on a smaller deal? Experienced player that doesn’t choke the salary cap.
The club needs to move on. He hasn't improved in five years, still can't pass off the ground, still has no vision and a complete lack of awareness and still has a massive attitude problem where he refuses to address his glaring flaws and its everyone elses fault but his...

He's a good defender and not much else. Surely we've seen enough of him in five years to realise it's time to move on. Not having a more capable hooker is holding the team back. This will be three seasons in a row now of missing the finals with him as our starting hooker.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Holland and Okunbor should be available for selection right?
Okunbor lisfranc injury in Round 10 (we are now at round 17), made a comeback in CC in Round 15 and incured another foot/leg/ankle injury, CC has a bye this week, so will most likely return next week. After being out for so long it would be stupid to rush him straight back into an NRL game, needs to complete a game in CC first.

Holland, last played NRL in Round 8, injured in CC Round 12, made a comeback in CC in Round 16 (scored a try). Is available but didn't play well enough to oust the incumbents, maybe another week needed to get to full match fitness and confidence in the knee.

Go Dogs

Durie1986

Banned
Reaction score
The club needs to move on. He hasn't improved in five years, still can't pass off the ground, still has no vision and a complete lack of awareness and still has a massive attitude problem where he refuses to address his glaring flaws and its everyone elses fault but his...

He's a good defender and not much else. Surely we've seen enough of him in five years to realise it's time to move on. Not having a more capable hooker is holding the team back. This will be three seasons in a row now of missing the finals with him as our starting hooker.

My god the level of intelligence on this forum is embarrassing. He has been one of the best if not the best player in the last 2 weeks and surprise we have won both games.