Official Round 18 - Dogs vs Broncos - Consolidated Match Thread

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bit concerned about Napa playing like a fairy but Elliot is having a go, the Broncs can tackle and we will have to work our asses off up there.
And that knock on he did when everyone was digging deep fmd it was like he didn’t give a fuck

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’m happy to agree to disagree here. Personally, I just do t think he’s First grade. Way too many mistakes in his game, and he has had more than enough chances. That’s just my thoughts though
He has made 3 errors all season, conceded 2 penalties, has the 2nd most metres per run of our forwards and is up there with play the ball speed...he's no where near as bad as some of you make out.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I *may* not be able to watch this. Telstra are indicating a scheduled upgrade to services from 1PM to 8PM on Thursday .... hence I'm on the fence if I bother to hang around or head out for the day.

All this after I literally just got my NBN back up and running tonight (Thanks Internet Jesus!!).

Broncos will rip us:
a) Brisbane ref.
b) Turpin will be up for a massive one #pointtoprove
c) Herbie goes bananas...

@Kaz I'm coining these two signs:
It's Mineral Turpintime!
and
Herbies Goes Baanas!

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Meaney has yet to run 100m or more on the wing

Scored zero tries

Why is he on the wing?

Okunbor is ready

Fk so is Crichton

We need metres off our line in Suncorp
Crichton has concussion

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Both referees are from Qld: Belinda in Brisbane, Ben Cummins born in Cairns.
Surely that's a conflict of interest??
Let's hope Cummins is a cowboys supporter and will side with us... wishful thinking :-)

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dean Pay seriously, what a #*#*.

Chris Smith should be in Canterbury cup, I know Rfm is shit but my God he's a god compared to this flog.

Rfm comes into the side at second row, Jacko to lock and Elliot left-right-out to the bench where he belongs F-O-R-E-V-E-R.

Holland replaces Hopoate partnering Smith, sending hoppa over to the other side next to floptoya/slothtoya/sloptoya on the wing. Swap plebtoya for Chrichton if he's not injured. Meany can go train with the Reggie's. Far to weak for first grade.

Derp Pay
You have a way of explaining the difficult and make it sound easy. I like your work. Your not an assistant coach at the Dogs are you? You must miss Dorothy...like to see where youd put him if we were still unlucky enough to have him on our books. Saw him playing reggies for Manly last weekend....Des's alltime fav player.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Find a goal kicker for us then???
We had one with the highest % in all of the NRL. Was a handy backrower too, and captain material having captained our winning 2nd grade side to an interstate championship last season. Had good hands too but maybe was a lazy trainer. We let him go to England...rating Sweet Carolyn Elliott higher. Went by the name of Rhyse. Club didnt rate him. Could of been anything under the right coach.
So much for Anderson saying we will build our club around a prominent prop and goalkicker...like weve done before. Go figure.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wakeham's out when Foran's back which is to short term.
Yh and Foran was meant to be back already yet here we are. We can worry about it when he's back, Wakeham could even retain his spot with a strong game or two...a lot of things could happen.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yh and Foran was meant to be back already yet here we are. We can worry about it when he's back, Wakeham could even retain his spot with a strong game or two...a lot of things could happen.
So the only reason people want Meaney on the wing is for his goal kicking when Wakeham kicks better

FMD

Anyone would think Meaney is El Masri

IMO Meaney is a Fullback nothing else so he’s is better to get full games at fullback in CC

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m happy to agree to disagree here. Personally, I just do t think he’s First grade. Way too many mistakes in his game, and he has had more than enough chances. That’s just my thoughts though
But yet you still haven't suggested a replacement

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If that's not a conflict of interest, I don't know what is...
I actually see 8t going the other way tbh. If, in her very first fg game as a ref, she wants to prove that she can do the job and be impartial as all good refs should be, then she will ignore the crowd, and if anything, show us a bit more leniance so as to ot look like she is favouring her home team.
Dont you agree??

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ogden and To'omaga in the same team? It only took til Round 18, a torn ACL for Sue and Tolman being injured for it to happen... Either way, I'll be glad to see them both playing.

Elliott starting is laughable. Ideally he along with Lichaa, Montoya, Chris Smith and Meaney shouldn't be in FG and sooner or later teams will start exposing these weak links more than they have in the last two games. Hopefully by next year we have FG calibre talent replacing those guys.