Official Belinda Sharpe breaks new ground as first female NRL referee

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
She will do a horrible fucken job but it wont be any worse than the current mongs fucking up game after game. The NRL might as well employ rock apes to officiate, it cannot get any worse. Good onya luv, don't burn the scones at halftime FFS.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a pioneer indeed. Woman of power ! Would love to see her do well.

I suspect regardless of her performance, some dickheads are just going to focus on any marginal errors she might make.

I hope she shows that she no better or worst off than her male counterparts, so we see more women in the game.

I have no doubt the players will show her respect but I’m not so sure about those in the peanut gallery.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Associated rule changes:

1) Penalties now awardable for infringements 8 weeks later.

2) Selected previous infringements never forgotten, raised when convenient and penalised again.

3) Captains querying decisions told ‘If you don’t know what you’ve done’.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You think the current referees don't admit there wrong, Now we have a Woman Ref God help us Women are never wrong.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Well we're f**ked now.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dogs penalty count vs Brisbane in Brisbane:
Normally 1-8
Rookie ref 1-18
Rookie ref on rags 1-180000

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@Realist90 :grinning: woman can be referees too!

Probably a scape goat. If she has a shocker NRL will sack her and say "see we do sack refs for bad performances".

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL good luck to her.
Watch her cave to the crowd pressure and #penaltybroncos will be trending on twitter.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Problem is why is a QLDer from Brisbane doing a game in Brisbane for a QLD team.

That stinks, nothing wrong with being female but send her down to Sydney and have her ref one of the games where there is no conflict there.

Malla

Reaction score
Pretty confident we can beat Broncos.

They are shit house. We are shit house too tho.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
What a pioneer indeed. Woman of power ! Would love to see her do well.

I suspect regardless of her performance, some dickheads are just going to focus on any marginal errors she might make.

I hope she shows that she no better or worst off than her male counterparts, so we see more women in the game.

I have no doubt the players will show her respect but I’m not so sure about those in the peanut gallery.
Good luck to her indeed. Nothing against a female in the job, the blokes are doing a ratshit job so there is no harm in trying something different. Can't see her being much chop though TBH, I remember her running the touch lines in NYC a few years ago and she blatantly missed a ball bouncing 50cm over the sideline.
At least she will be thankful that Hungry Haynesy isn't on the field.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
been to a lot of qcup games she has reffed, seems to be consistent and fair, quite a few people give her give her shit during the games for no real reason, chanting cmon barbie lets go barbie

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cummins hates us enough and now they put a rookie Queensldander on top

Stinky Wizzleteats

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Associated rule changes:

1) Penalties now awardable for infringements 8 weeks later.

2) Selected previous infringements never forgotten, raised when convenient and penalised again.

3) Captains querying decisions told ‘If you don’t know what you’ve done’.
4) When querying where to take a penalty kick, Ref "I don't care. Where do you want to kick it from?"

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
She honestly can't be any worse than what we already have.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Look, I'm going to make a point here. Do people remember the Women's SoO that was on a few weeks ago? Why didn't she officiate that game then? Why have a male referee in the middle when this one was available? If women really want equality, why not have them all officiate women's games, and have men officiate the NRL games (and this includes the touch judges)?