Opinion Obviously winning wont change "hypocrites"

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you looked at the playing roster at all since Pay took over? Shouldn’t we praise him for his efforts in avoiding the spoon last year and getting us off the bottom so far this year, when every so called expert, professional commentator picked us for the spoon?

Go Dogs
I have and it is worse now then when he took over. We have not improved in any area of the game. We have no direction in attack.

I will give him credit for getting rid of Woods and Mbye and nothing else.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I have and it is worse now then when he took over. We have not improved in any area of the game. We have no direction in attack.
I don’t see that’s it worse, for example we have won 25% more games this year than last year. With a team that doesn’t have Klemmer or the Mozzies, I’d say that’s a fair effort.

Go Dogs

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

It hasn’t improved because the roster hasn’t improved

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It hasn’t improved because the roster hasn’t improved
We are in a development stage but what is you can see him developing?
I’m happy to eat my words but Pay is not the right coach to steer this ship to any form of glory. He is more mediocre then our top 30.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The majority of comments after this win against NEWCASTLE is embarrassing.

So a team with no experience and apparently 90% of the players are not in many of your future bulldogs teams.

To win now 2 in a row is not a fluke. Against 2 top 8 teams. Especially Newcastle in Newcastle is not an easy thing to do.
It is pure heart and motivation. And this can only be from the preparation they the team has got from the coaching staff.

Majority Blame Pay when we LOSE that is fair enough "regardless we have the most inexperienced team in the NRL".
You make comments like well the coach is accountable.

When we win that Methodology MUST then be used. Give the coach credit.
we have started to win because of great passion and leadership from our coach. And this passion is seen in the COACHES box.

If you look back a few weeks I made similar comments supporting PAY.

All I can say is to the majority that have "Keayboarditis" you will never be the man DEAN PAY IS. One of the best players during his playing career and is an ammature coach with the least experienced team.

If you can disrespect him with all the comments I have read about him on here. Then all I can say is you are "NO BODIES". this directed at the Computer cowards and you know who you are. Having a toss while giving pay a word bash.
You again :tonguewink:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
But we will have another tough season, next season, maybe (hopefully) with a couple of game changing players added. Which should mean that we do better than this season, which is currently better than last season. This is not the current players fault or the coaching staff, it’s the situation they (and we) inherited. My view hasn’t changed since the 2017 football club meeting, this shit is deep, real deep, and it will take until 2021 to extricate ourselves from it. As we have been told many many times, there is no silver bullet, no pulling a rabbit out of our hat.

This isn’t spin, it’s fact and it has been known since 2017 by many and 2018 by everyone. Some choosing not to acknowledge it doesn’t alter the fact that there are player contracts that hurt us until 2021. Changing the coaching staff will not change that fact.

Go Dogs
We've gone backwards not forwards. It's not the players as there is plenty of ability and talent in our roster. It's a young roster. But the problem is Pay isn't the coach to get the best out of new players. We need a new coach experienced in rebuilds, and who isn't afraid to make tough calls and not play favourites.

People need to stop blaming the old regime and lineup, and open their eyes.

Only the extremely gullible and desperate bought the lie hook, line and sinker about a rebuild, yadda yadda it will take time. It's an excuse that's been trotted out far too long yet the decided to extend a rookie coach out of his depth. The board need to fall on their sword and correct the error they made by getting us an actual coach, not a pretend one in Pay.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
We've gone backwards not forwards. It's not the players as there is plenty of ability and talent in our roster. It's a young roster. But the problem is Pay isn't the coach to get the best out of new players. We need a new coach experienced in rebuilds, and who isn't afraid to make tough calls and not play favourites.

Only the extremely gullible and desperate bought the lie hook, line and sinker about a rebuild, yadda yadda it will take time. It's an excuse that's been trotted out far too long yet the decided to extend a rookie coach out of his depth. The board need to fall on their sword and correct the error they made by getting us an actual coach, not a pretend one in Pay.
When did Nab Fab hijack your account Mr I ? :tonguewink:

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Na bud its the old regime.

You can yadda yadda all you like, as you always do.

This current mob is here to stay to fix up this mess and hopefully move us forward.

You're fat fucker mate Dib had over 10 years at the club and we won sweet fuck all under him.

Yadda yadda yadda yadda

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are in a development stage but what is you can see him developing?
I’m happy to eat my words but Pay is not the right coach to steer this ship to any form of glory. He is more mediocre then our top 30.

You might be right but you could be wrong

He has such a crap roster to work with

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Na bud its the old regime.

You can yadda yadda all you like, as you always do.

This current mob is here to stay to fix up this mess and hopefully move us forward.

You're fat fucker mate Dib had over 10 years at the club and we won sweet fuck all under him.

Yadda yadda yadda yadda
I’m not taking sides but there was good and bad about both regimes. They are all the same mate. They are all about themselves. The biggest gripe I had with the old board was letting Des dictate everything. They should of reeled him in but we ended up like a big car crash, especially with the salary cap. The appointment of Castle was a big stuff up as well. The old board killed us. This current board isn’t perfect either, a lot of bullshit going on behind the scenes. They have done some good things and have put us in the box seat for a 2021 assault, but I think they are very amateurish and self interested. Can’t trust nobody. We need professionals who are very smart and business minded on the board that put the club first before themselves with good corporate governance, ethics, integrity and who are powerfully connected to the world of business in sport. We’re a big club, we need big hitters on the board!

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
This current board isn’t perfect either, a lot of bullshit going on behind the scenes. They have done some good things and have put us in the box seat for a 2021 assault, but I think they are very amateurish and self interested.
Please let us know what exactly the Board has done that is so bad. What I have seen is that they have made the tough/hard and unpopular with some decisions regarding the playing roster, in what was out of necessity a very compressed time frame. They have removed the underperforming back room staff. They have been involved with some smart recruiting that has given us some quality players at bargain prices (eg: CHN, DWZ, Cogger etc) for this year. They appointed the best candidate available as coach. They removed the doubt over next years coach which facilitated the recruitments (eg: DWZ, Stimson). They have the confidence of the leagues club that in turn gives us unmatched financial support.

So exactly what have they done that is “amateurish”? Similarly I’m having trouble identifying anything done in their “self interest”, please feel free to help me out with them?

Go Dogs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty sure none of the previous directors businesses went bust, into administration, and got liquidated for starters.

Oh wait... none of you knew that because its largely been kept out of the news? Oops!!

and that's just the start.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty sure none of the previous directors businesses went bust, into administration, and got liquidated for starters.

Oh wait... none of you knew that because its largely been kept out of the news? Oops!!

And it’s your knowledge I like Mr I, it’s not rocket science that’s something’s not right is it?

we in bad shape for some reason, unknown or not it’s plain too see...!!

Banned
Reaction score
Development stage?
FFS, we've won NOTHING in the last 15 years!
How long is this theorised development stage going to last for?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So exactly what have they done that is “amateurish”? Similarly I’m having trouble identifying anything done in their “self interest”, please feel free to help me out with them?
Do you actually think I'm stupid enough to post what you want to know on a public forum?
I don't blame you for thinking otherwise. Just enjoy your footy and keep out of the stuff you don't know.

Go Flogs!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Don't bother Mr I, some members on here don't know what you know. If only they knew, they'd understand.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you actually think I'm stupid enough to post what you want to know on a public forum?
I don't blame you for thinking otherwise. Just enjoy your footy and keep out of the stuff you don't know.
Go Flogs!
No problem, any PM's to me stay private.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I know that James Marroun was a former bankrupt (reference ASIC reporting) and was suspended from being involved in junior rugby league.
Elias Boutros is banned for life from being a motor dealer after getting caught winding back car speedos (reference Office of Fair Trading).
George and Arthur Coorey are known buddies of Eddie Obeid (reference 2002 ICAC enquiry) .
There is another but I haven't been able to confirm the source, so that will have to wait.

Go Dogs

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With one of the largest fan bases, supposedly richest leagues clubs. It has been a great couple of wins by the boys, but with those two elements we should not be in the position of cellar dwellers. You can hardly blame supporters for being pi$$ed off.