Improvement.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
ELLIOTT - best game this season. Long minutes, tackled well, looked to promote the ball instead of taking a settler. Surprised
LICHEA- has surprised me. Much more inventive since his stint in reserves. Running much direct & making better decision from dummy half
COGGER getting better each game. Needs to be closer when handling the ball. Also too many kicks are uncontested
WAKEHAM. a bit tentative but made a few classy decisions. Will only better better. More of a ball playing halfback.
MMontoya/Meaney- not providing any firepower. Need to replace.
DZW- Having more impact as he learns the bulldog system.
RFM/OGDEN- Love to see them get more game time, as both are impact players that have to potential to influence the momentum of the game

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah, definitely don't get the hate for Holland. I would much prefer him over Montoya. Just go look at some of the work he did earlier in the year and last year. Offloading machine and can combine with R.Smith very well. It's not like Montoya is much of a defensive improvement over him.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, definitely don't get the hate for Holland. I would much prefer him over Montoya. Just go look at some of the work he did earlier in the year and last year. Offloading machine and can combine with R.Smith very well. It's not like Montoya is much of a defensive improvement over him.
I do, Holland has been absolutely shit for us every game this season in first grade and the reggies. He is a turn style in defence and lacks potency running the ball, also hasn't added anything more to the teams performance then his replacements have done to date. If he wasn't a goal kicker you'd put a permanent line through his name.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think you mean Toomaga, not RFM
I literally agree with everything you've said, I think Montoya was better then usual, but the whole team was playing well.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I do, Holland has been absolutely shit for us every game this season in first grade and the reggies. He is a turn style in defence and lacks potency running the ball, also hasn't added anything more to the teams performance then his replacements have done to date. If he wasn't a goal kicker you'd put a permanent line through his name.
Definitely disagree. He is actually rather good in attack. I would have him over Montoya anyday.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lichaa to go I don't care, Elliot is a mistake in the making

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lichaa to go I don't care, Elliot is a mistake in the making
Yup fair comment, not sold on Eliot even if he has a good game every so often..!!

DWZ has been the best signing.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ELLIOTT - best game this season. Long minutes, tackled well, looked to promote the ball instead of taking a settler. Surprised
LICHEA- has surprised me. Much more inventive since his stint in reserves. Running much direct & making better decision from dummy half
COGGER getting better each game. Needs to be closer when handling the ball. Also too many kicks are uncontested
WAKEHAM. a bit tentative but made a few classy decisions. Will only better better. More of a ball playing halfback.
MMontoya/Meaney- not providing any firepower. Need to replace.
DZW- Having more impact as he learns the bulldog system.
RFM/OGDEN- Love to see them get more game time, as both are impact players that have to potential to influence the momentum of the game
I disagree with your DWZ comment only. The players are learning from him not the other way around. I don’t know how we ended up with him but god I am happy he is here.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I disagree with your DWZ comment only. The players are learning from him not the other way around. I don’t know how we ended up with him but god I am happy he is here.
Admittedly only 2 games so far but DWZ is playing much better than he has for years. Is it possible that he is playing better due to the environment. the payers and coaching staff around him? We ended up with him because he wanted to come and play for us, despite what some would have us believe, we can attract a decent level of player.

Go Dogs

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Admittedly only 2 games so far but DWZ is playing much better than he has for years. Is it possible that he is playing better due to the environment. the payers and coaching staff around him? We ended up with him because he wanted to come and play for us, despite what some would have us believe, we can attract a decent level of player.

Go Dogs
I won’t argue with you there. Any change of scenery for him would have helped him but it very well could he down to the staff at our club.
Hopefully we can pick up a couple more of his quality before next season.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Definitely disagree. He is actually rather good in attack. I would have him over Montoya anyday.
2018 holland yes. 2019 holland www absolutely crap. Embarrassing to have him starting in a fg team. Montoya isn’t far ahead of him though

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Only because the tigers couldnt pay him. We will see if he stays in 18 months time.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lichea has one good game a year when his head is on the chopping block. But if he plays for the remainder of the year like he did on Friday night, then I’m happy to look stupid.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Licha has had enough chances, seems to only aim up when there is a contract on the line. Not sold on elliot, he still hasn't proven to be a consistent performer. Cogger Wakeham and Ogden have upside so it will be exciting to see what they become, however this growth should be done in reserves not first grade, which is why we are currently 15th on the ladder.

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Elliots a load that should of been swallowed

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Statements like this point out my theory you get paid by Dogs management to come here and spread their positive propaganda.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Statements like this point out my theory you get paid by Dogs management to come here and spread their positive propaganda.
I never thought of it like that..

You could be onto something.

That or he is a relative of a current board member who is defending with all he has