Opinion Nick Meaney on the Wing?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'm betting he doesn't see himself as a winger either and bails before the end if his deal.
He hasnt done enough to have anywhere to run to yet. DWZ is a more developed FB and what we need. Meaney can play elsewhere and be backup FB. Hes not nearly as good as DWZ at this stage.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dud selection.. needs to develop his fullback game in reserves..
Meaney has no future with us at fullback when there is a DWZ. Case closed.
I like Meaney as a fullback but what DWZ does behind the line in defence with his organising Meaney doesn’t have. They are totally different players with ball in hand, both different skill sets but Meaney is not our fullback option anymore.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meaney is only in the team now for his goalkicking... Harper is a centre and can throw them over. Chance to blood the kid and shift Monty to the wing because its struggle street with Meaney on a wing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Meaney is only in the team now for his goalkicking... Harper is a centre and can throw them over. Chance to blood the kid and shift Monty to the wing because its struggle street with Meaney on a wing.
Wakeham is better goal kicker...but I guess he won't be there when Foz is back.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wakeham is better goal kicker...but I guess he won't be there when Foz is back.
Yeah thought about that but was just saying on another thread how good it would be to see Foran with Wakeham. I just hate the fact we cant swing left to right properly because Coggar cant pass left to right. Would be good to see 2 halves that can do it all for a change.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s a no from me
Foran can kick goals but without Meaney I don’t know who else kicks goals
Or bring in Holland

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney is only in the team because Pay feels guilty. No other reason. Clear as day.

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I thought Meaney had a decent game against Newcastle. He is slowly finding his feet in that position. It doesn’t help having a shit for brains centre like Montoya beside him. Meaney is our goal kicker too. So he will be very hard to drop. I believe in him.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought Meaney had a decent game against Newcastle. He is slowly finding his feet in that position. It doesn’t help having a shit for brains centre like Montoya beside him. Meaney is our goal kicker too. So he will be very hard to drop. I believe in him.
Everytime Meaney ran the ball he put us on the backfoot.... HE cannot be in the team... Its dead set killing us.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s a no from me
Foran can kick goals but without Meaney I don’t know who else kicks goals
Or bring in Holland
Can bring in Holland onto the wing who can kick goals
Can bring in Harper into centre who can kick goals
Can drop Coggar for Wakeham who can kick goals

We have options..

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't know why, but I keep comparing Meaney to Luke Burt when he debuted in the NRL. Burt was "ragdolled" frequently, but eventually overcame that. So did Haz actually.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We really need Okunbor back. Such a big disparity when running the ball up after a kick return.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Feel sorry for the bloke tbh. He does possess some talent but man does he get pushed around. It's probs not doing his confidence any good either.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah agree with most posts, he’s not the fullback we need (DWZ step forward) and he’s not a modern winger (Reimis, plus ?). I also think he lacks confidence, maybe struggling with the move of clubs, hence Pay preserving and trying to build his confidence. But as Nasheed said in earlier post we have a lot of average players of his caliber and something has to give. I’d like to see him improve and prove me wrong but with every game I see him being collateral damage

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Meaney goes forward 2m and back 5m.

It's like people say he's similar weight to other players, yet he plays like his bones are full of helium.

Needs to get some agro into him, rather than hitting the line like a cloud.

Needs to be dropped and told to dominate in NSW Cup to win his spot back.

Bring up Katoa or "Questionably dick fingered" Okunbor.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Meaney , seems a nice kid, but he just cant break the line. He is of no value running the ball out from inside our own 20. But agree he needs to make way for someone who is better at that position

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I am concerned for Meany - his body frame seems too small, his post contact metres are few and far between. He either needs to run better lines, back up like a Lamb or he is going to find himself back in reserve grade with greater odds to get back into FG. He has potential, speed and courage. But his instinct to find gaps, create gaps is too low to make him cement a FG spot.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay continuing on Haslers flying under the radar selections...confusing everyone, including his players.
Hasler has a philosophy of picking his best 17 at the start of the season and sticking with it as much as possible.
Hasler has never chopped & changed his team.
His coaching record speaks for itself.