Napa should be dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xander

Waterboy
Reaction score
Gritty win by the dogs tonight. Every player gave 100% except Napa who was sloppy and useless.

Dogs’ last two wins don’t appear to come off the back of good coaching, just determination.

But if Napa is in the first grade side next week I’ll be pretty annoyed. The guy’s a deadset paperweight.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
His tackling in the last 10 or so minutes was especially bad, gave me an aneurysm.

110% drop him bring in some new blood for one or two weeks.

Lichaa has come back a little better so i hope it does the same for napa, cause we know he can play better than that. (i know he is carrying a wrist injury).

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm so mad we're stuck with him and he's on 650k/year.. especially with what we're going through right now, he's going to annoy our 2021 plans too. If our win condition is effort and determination that just isn't Napa. I really struggle to see what he brings to the side. People say aggression, but where are the moments he's putting on a bit hit? Always just concedes a penalty because he has no control/flops around.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is a Dean Pay signing. Pay lovers can't blame this on Hasler or the previous board.

It was a rushed, desperate signing by a coach and board trying to mask the loss of Klemmer.

Was absolutely unnecessary.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Came on here after that great win to say the exact same thing. He was fucking rubbish along with Chris Smith but at least smith made a few effective tackles

Reactions: DT

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He played more minutes than he’s used to and it showed under fatigue back end of game dropping pill (try for SKD) and slipping off tackles

That said his 170m was needed in Tolman absence

The good news is my man Ogden back next week possibly RFM as well with Tolman and Sue out injured

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Gritty win by the dogs tonight. Every player gave 100% except Napa who was sloppy and useless.

Dogs’ last two wins don’t appear to come off the back of good coaching, just determination.

But if Napa is in the first grade side next week I’ll be pretty annoyed. The guy’s a deadset paperweight.
While i wasnt delighted with Napas game i disagree with the coaching comment. If ppl are going to give him shit when we lose or look unmotivated, you have to give him credit when we win and look motivated.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is not that bad. Relax. We just expect him to be more physical. Like he has a reputation for hitting hard in defence and running hard. Both have been missing. This is the dogs. Connect the hits or go back to Bondi

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He had a Big game, doesn’t normally play that many minutes
177 metres
41 tackles
21 runs
I know he dropped that ball, but not bad
heh i would like to see what would happen if odgen had that many minutes against a team self destructing like the knights did.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Few positives and negatives in there tonight. Did make 41 tackles and had 21 carries for 180metres. Thats a good effort.

On the flip side he missed 8 tackles, made 2 errors and gave away a penalty. Alot of things he needs to work on because he can't keep doing that rubbish.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah that dropped ball was terrible and he dropped off tackles at the end but looking at his stats when you consider we were two props down I’m not going to crucify him. He made plenty of meters and tackles I’m just glad that error didn’t cost us the game.

Xander

Waterboy
Reaction score
While i wasnt delighted with Napas game i disagree with the coaching comment. If ppl are going to give him shit when we lose or look unmotivated, you have to give him credit when we win and look motivated.
Coaching is structure and observable game plan. The playing group has bonded together and I think that’s under the leadership of Jackson, Hoppa, DWZ and to an extent, Tolman.

I don’t believe for a minute that any of the players dislike or disrespect Pay. But coaching is much more than just being liked or having players want to try.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How many mins he play? Got through a fair bit of work and considering he was the only real prop we had tonight and we come away with the win you are bloody harsh critics.

Yeah he lumbered around a bit and made a few costly mistakes but definitely not wroth dropping.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree there's a lot to whinge about of late.. but ffs don't just whinge for the sake of it.. his stats suggest he had a good game, most tackles he made had intent and 177m is good numbers.. his last stint was not good and seemed tired. Remember we lost 2 forwards in the 2nd half..

Status
Not open for further replies.