Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One would think he’d be Mexican. With that last name

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That was in the 80s and 90s
All the gun props are young these days.
I disagree. There may be some good young props, but the old rule of thumb is still the same, forwards generally get better with age, unlike the speedsters who lose their speed and agility as they get older.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs News
6 hrs ·
The Mole: Canterbury Bulldogs make Knights forward Herman Ese'ese priority recruit

The Bulldogs have made Knights wrecking ball Herman Ese'ese their main target for 2020.

Ese'ese was out of favour at the Knights early in the season but has bounced right back to form in recent weeks.

With their big names missing on State of Origin duty, Ese'ese was the Knights’ best forward in the narrow loss to the Warriors on the weekend.

The Bulldogs need more muscle up front and see the 24-year-old Kiwi and Samoan international as the perfect fit.

Ese'ese began his NRL career at the Dogs but played just one NRL game for the club in 2015 before moving to the Broncos and Knights.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I disagree. There may be some good young props, but the old rule of thumb is still the same, forwards generally get better with age, unlike the speedsters who lose their speed and agility as they get older.
Name me five of your best forwards over 28 years old and I’ll name you 5 younger ones that will be better.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Name me five of your best forwards over 28 years old and I’ll name you 5 younger ones that will be better.
I agree young bulls game

That sentiment of props get better with age was probably last relevant when Pricey and Petero still played

Guys like Matulino, Graham, Tamou. Scott need to be put out to pasture because they eating all the good grass

Young bulls are about to kill them

PS no idea where I was going with the Bull analogy

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That wouldn't prove anything. I'm sure the t younger ones will be even better as they get older.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But 24 is still young. And Ese Ese has played well mostly for three seasons at Brisbane and Newcastle. He has upside and can break tackles unlike plodders like Napa. I don't understand people writing him off.