Official Joe Stimson joins the Bulldogs on a 3 year deal

Banned
Reaction score
Where’s all the mugs who bagged this signing from day dot

Deadset if this exact same player was instead named Joe Ranamatoo’magalolo, the kennel would’ve be jizzing themselves
Needs a hyphen in the surname as well.
If the player doesn't have two surnames, they've got to be a good ole country boy, preferably both!

Malla

Reaction score
Of course everyone who goes to Melbourne improves, except .............
Kasiano
Kennar
Myles
Ryles
Jacks
Weston
Mann
Chase Blair
Hunt
Welch
Romelo
Tonumaipea
George Rose
Roberts
etc

I could go one, but the point is not every player that goes to Melbourne improves, a lot go backwards, we just don't remember them.

A couple of examples of players that I recall doing OK, Dallas Johnson came back from the ESL and even after 2 years out of Melbourne's system he was 18th man in the 2011 SOO team. So it's not exactly like his wheels fell off when he left Melbourne. Tagataese went more than OK (won a premiership) after leaving Melbourne.

Go Dogs
Wouldn't say wheels fell off but just didnt play to the same quality they did in Melbourne. Again though, I think that is attributed to the culture and the system in Melb, plus the players they would have had around them ie. Smith, Slater, Cronk etc - made life a lot easier.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's the Warriors most underrated and in my opinion most important player!
Yea he is still playing good footy after leaving the storm albeit injury prone

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Joe is even less letters if my maths is any good. But the Barney nickname is from the womaniser in how I met your mother. May or may not take off.
I prefer Barney Rubble

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Running good lines seems to be the overall structure of the team though of which we have none. Jackson and etc probably would look godlike in the Storm team, we really need to overhaul our entire coaching staff.
That's always been Melbournes go, heavy middle rotation, they earn the right to go play by winning the middle. Simple system really yet wankers like Pay pick a bench full of backrowers and a utility lol

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Of course everyone who goes to Melbourne improves, except .............
Kasiano
Kennar
Myles
Ryles
Jacks
Weston
Mann
Chase Blair
Hunt
Welch
Romelo
Tonumaipea
George Rose
Roberts
etc

I could go one, but the point is not every player that goes to Melbourne improves, a lot go backwards, we just don't remember them.

A couple of examples of players that I recall doing OK, Dallas Johnson came back from the ESL and even after 2 years out of Melbourne's system he was 18th man in the 2011 SOO team. So it's not exactly like his wheels fell off when he left Melbourne. Tagataese went more than OK (won a premiership) after leaving Melbourne.

Go Dogs
kasiano-has been ineffective for years after they dropped interchange and sped up the pace of the game around the PTB
Kennar-career journeyman
Myles-signed with storm at age 32
Ryles-signed with storm aged 32
Jacks-signed with storm aged 25 from qld cup
Weston-career journeyman
Mann-was only at the storm at the early in his career and couldn't lock down a spot which has been the case his entire career
Chase Blair-a parra and manly reject who made city country at the storm
Hunt-was only at the storm 1 year and couldn't lock down a spot
Welch-not sure if you're aware but he's playing origin next week plus he's only ever played at the storm so not sure what you'd compare his storm performance to?
Romelo-he played like 2 games?for them
Tonumaipea-has only ever played for the storm so not sure what you're comparing to
George Rose-signed with storm at age 31
Roberts-played 18 games for the storm after back to back wooden spoons at parra

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
kasiano-has been ineffective for years after they dropped interchange and sped up the pace of the game around the PTB
Kennar-career journeyman
Myles-signed with storm at age 32
Ryles-signed with storm aged 32
Jacks-signed with storm aged 25 from qld cup
Weston-career journeyman
Mann-was only at the storm at the early in his career and couldn't lock down a spot which has been the case his entire career
Chase Blair-a parra and manly reject who made city country at the storm
Hunt-was only at the storm 1 year and couldn't lock down a spot
Welch-not sure if you're aware but he's playing origin next week plus he's only ever played at the storm so not sure what you'd compare his storm performance to?
Romelo-he played like 2 games?for them
Tonumaipea-has only ever played for the storm so not sure what you're comparing to
George Rose-signed with storm at age 31
Roberts-played 18 games for the storm after back to back wooden spoons at parra
Glad to see that you agree that none of that small sample (there are plenty more) improved, proving the point that not everyone who goes to Melbourne improves.

Go Dogs

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's always been Melbournes go, heavy middle rotation, they earn the right to go play by winning the middle. Simple system really yet wankers like Pay pick a bench full of backrowers and a utility lol
Exactly who would you have on the bench. Too'maga and Taulau arnt up to it and the young guys just arnt ready. Kalache and Roumanos might be OK with time.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I prefer Barney Rubble
Give me tweety he'll surely strengthen our forward pack. Clearly has one of the best tackling techniques I've seen and seems like a natural bully :grinning:

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Glad to see that you agree that none of that small sample (there are plenty more) improved, proving the point that not everyone who goes to Melbourne improves.

Go Dogs
I think you chose to completely miss the point as well as fabricate examples. How has Welsh not improved? He's playing origin next week champ. How did Blair not improve? In the case of Myles, Ryles, Rose, etc it's pretty hard to 'improve' when you're in the twilight of your career and just making up squad numbers. Also how did Ryley Jacks not improve? He went from park football to NRL debuting as a 25 year old.
I'm starting to think you don't actually know how a salary cap and NRL squad structure works, not everyone in a top 30 is going to be a long tenured player, when you have a well paid nucleus you're going to need some one year minimum wage players to make up the numbers and to be cap compliant, that's what guys like Roberts, Weston and Romelo were......
I know you have a Pay agenda but it's really starting to make you look ill informed. Seriously to suggest a bloke who's playing origin next week hasn't improved just killed your credibility

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you chose to completely miss the point as well as fabricate examples. How has Welsh not improved? He's playing origin next week champ. How did Blair not improve? In the case of Myles, Ryles, Rose, etc it's pretty hard to 'improve' when you're in the twilight of your career and just making up squad numbers. Also how did Ryley Jacks not improve? He went from park football to NRL debuting as a 25 year old.
I'm starting to think you don't actually know how a salary cap and NRL squad structure works, not everyone in a top 30 is going to be a long tenured player, when you have a well paid nucleus you're going to need some one year minimum wage players to make up the numbers and to be cap compliant, that's what guys like Roberts, Weston and Romelo were......
I know you have a Pay agenda but it's really starting to make you look ill informed. Seriously to suggest a bloke who's playing origin next week hasn't improved just killed your credibility
Perhaps it’s you who missed the point, which was that not EVERY player improves when they go to Melbourne. Of course some do, but some don’t.

Go Dogs

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Perhaps it’s you who missed the point, which was that not EVERY player improves when they go to Melbourne. Of course some do, but some don’t.

Go Dogs
And that is a somewhat valid point but the examples you used were ridiculous. I mean you just said 'go to Melbourne', Welsh and Tounampea have only ever been at Melbourne so again what are you comparing to? Also are you really expecting guys who are 32-33 years old in the finals years of the careers on minimum wage to improve?
How about a more relevant question, how many ex Melbourne players have left Melbourne and improve and how many have left Melbourne and gone backwards?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
When Hoffman returned to Storm he didn't look to hot did he..

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stimson can only improve as he gets more game time with the Storm. How he will go with us is something we have to wait and see. But I like the lines he runs and he runs with some energy and strength. Some we are lacking at the moment.