Official Joe Stimson joins the Bulldogs on a 3 year deal

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Making an impact, scoring tries and defending strongly. Looking forward to watching him play in the Sydney shield.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nahh. Everything is the end of the world. For a start though I'd love to see the attempts at spelling the surname.

I'm going to get in early and nominate that we nickname him Barney.
I am spelling illiterate.

How about just ........................FRED.

4 letters is enough

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else see a lot of early career Jackson in Stimson?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Goes hard, has a fat blokes rig. Surely a country boy.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn't get to watch him play tonight but it looks like he had a solid game and he does have a knack for scoring a try.

His finals stats of 9 runs for 77 metres, 5 tackle busts, 1 try and 36 tackles with 1 missed in 70 minutes are pretty solid.

The good thing about Stimson is that he can play on an edge and through the middle and he runs good lines unlike most of our forwards currently.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am spelling illiterate.

How about just ........................FRED.

4 letters is enough
Joe is even less letters if my maths is any good. But the Barney nickname is from the womaniser in how I met your mother. May or may not take off.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Where’s all the mugs who bagged this signing from day dot

Deadset if this exact same player was instead named Joe Ranamatoo’magalolo, the kennel would’ve be jizzing themselves
Gotta admit Stimson is a fair name to be sporting.. lol

Malla

Reaction score
He played well last night, but thats because its in the Storms system. Time and time again we've seen players, particularly forwards, leave the Storm system and turn to shit. Cam Smith makes life so much easier for a forward at the Storm. Anyways, I am not gonna get my hopes up about this bloke.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He played well last night, but thats because its in the Storms system. Time and time again we've seen players, particularly forwards, leave the Storm system and turn to shit. Cam Smith makes life so much easier for a forward at the Storm. Anyways, I am not gonna get my hopes up about this bloke.
Proctor springs to mind!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Proctor springs to mind!
Yes Kevin Proctor
Adam Blair
Dallas Johnson
Brett White
Jeff Lima
Ryan Hoffman (Average when he went Warriors)
There's plenty more.
Of course everyone who goes to Melbourne improves, except .............
Kasiano
Kennar
Myles
Ryles
Jacks
Weston
Mann
Chase Blair
Hunt
Welch
Romelo
Tonumaipea
George Rose
Roberts
etc

I could go one, but the point is not every player that goes to Melbourne improves, a lot go backwards, we just don't remember them.

A couple of examples of players that I recall doing OK, Dallas Johnson came back from the ESL and even after 2 years out of Melbourne's system he was 18th man in the 2011 SOO team. So it's not exactly like his wheels fell off when he left Melbourne. Tagataese went more than OK (won a premiership) after leaving Melbourne.

Go Dogs

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn't get to watch him play tonight but it looks like he had a solid game and he does have a knack for scoring a try.

His finals stats of 9 runs for 77 metres, 5 tackle busts, 1 try and 36 tackles with 1 missed in 70 minutes are pretty solid.

The good thing about Stimson is that he can play on an edge and through the middle and he runs good lines unlike most of our forwards currently.
Running good lines seems to be the overall structure of the team though of which we have none. Jackson and etc probably would look godlike in the Storm team, we really need to overhaul our entire coaching staff.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Running good lines seems to be the overall structure of the team though of which we have none. Jackson and etc probably would look godlike in the Storm team, we really need to overhaul our entire coaching staff.
Yep totally agree.