Opinion Battle of the spoon!

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I think 2 games are winnable where tits maybe have 1 game. What a shit of a year.

adamsapple

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just abit of weird history

2008 the last year we got the spoon we only won 5 games. After round 6 we we're 3-3 so season didn't look as bad as it ends
We beat tigers in rd3 that year and also beat Cronulla to get our 4th win of the year. Our Fifth and final win came against Brisbane which was SBW last game for us

2019 we beat tigers rd3 and beat Cronulla to get our 4th win of the year and now play brisbane after the bye

If we beat brisbane i hope history doesn't repeat itself

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just abit of weird history

2008 the last year we got the spoon we only won 5 games. After round 6 we we're 3-3 so season didn't look as bad as it ends
We beat tigers in rd3 that year and also beat Cronulla to get our 4th win of the year. Our Fifth and final win came against Brisbane which was SBW last game for us

2019 we beat tigers rd3 and beat Cronulla to get our 4th win of the year and now play brisbane after the bye

If we beat brisbane i hope history doesn't repeat itself
Hopefully history does repeat and our most expensive player flys off to France.

Pretty amazing stat though. There must be a glitch in the NRL rigging system. lol

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we are any chance of ditching the spoon the Knights game is massive with it being 2 days after origin.

Lets see how badly the boys want it.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d chuck broncs and warriors in the mix for the spoon I got a feeling we gonna win a few left field games like last year

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yet Peanut Pay "pursecutes" the unfavourites in the forwards while the backs can make any number of mistakes, be slow, not follow the ball, fall over themselves trying to make a tackle, look uninvolved, rush in missing tackles, have the worst tackle technique in the NRL, have no clue in creating an overlap and yet they get picked every week...hardly any accountability for some of them.

Double standards from Pay. Can't wait till he is gone. Far worse for the club than Hasler.
Exactly, this is not a support Holland post or do I want him back in the team but that player would have to be watching the disaster that is our current backlibe and ask where the consistency is with selections

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly, this is not a support Holland post or do I want him back in the team but that player would have to be watching the disaster that is our current backlibe and ask where the consistency is with selections
The Smith - Holland combination was great late last year. So I agree Holland should be back and Montoya should be out. We need a bit of attacking spark plus Montoya's defencive reads are poor

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hope they loose today and next week and we beat them in 2 weeks so we catch up to em or we win the next 2 in a row and go ahead of them

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hope they loose today and next week and we beat them in 2 weeks so we catch up to em or we win the next 2 in a row and go ahead of them
Fingers crossed lol !!

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we are any chance of ditching the spoon the Knights game is massive with it being 2 days after origin.

Lets see how badly the boys want it.
Knights played pretty well last night without their origin stars, will be tough regardless

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Knights played pretty well last night without their origin stars, will be tough regardless
We put the Sharks off and showed desperate defense last week, if we are gunna do it Friday will be it.
Depends on team desire and belief.
Meaney and Cogger should be able to help Pay dissect the Knights.
Pay needs a game plan.