Opinion Battle of the spoon!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
So I see the wooden spoon between us and the Titans, both have 1 bye left and 9 games and sit on equal points on the ladder (8). Bronc's sit on 12 points above us. Obviously our for and against is considerably worse but IMO Titans have the hardest finish. We may just miss it lol.

Dogs Titans
Bye Bye
Knights (Away) Panthers (Away)
Broncos (Away) Storm (Home)
Roosters (Home) Broncos (Home)
Panthers (Home) Roosters (Away)
Tigers (Home) St George (Away)
Rabbits (Home) Eels (Home)
Eels (Away) Storm (Home)
Cowboys (Away) Knights (Away)
Broncos (Home) St George (Home)

*Sorry I tried to format the columns separate but they just merged together.

upload_2019-6-30_21-4-52.png

Last edited by a moderator:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So I see the wooden spoon between us and the Titans, both have 1 bye left and 9 games and sit on equal points on the ladder (8). Bronc's sit on 12 points above us. Obviously our for and against is considerably worse but IMO Titans have the hardest finish. We may just miss it lol.

Dogs Titans
Bye Bye
Knights (Away) Panthers (Away)
Broncos (Away) Storm (Home)
Roosters (Home) Broncos (Home)
Panthers (Home) Roosters (Away)
Tigers (Home) St George (Away)
Rabbits (Home) Eels (Home)
Eels (Away) Storm (Home)
Cowboys (Away) Knights (Away)
Broncos (Home) St George (Home)
What .......I'd add the Donkeys to the list and make it a 3 way contest, after all if they lose next week we are on the same points.

Go Dogs

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Way broncos aee going they could be wooden spoon contenders as well

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we really want to dodge the spoon it’s in our hands there’s definitely games that are winnable. Although I remember threads popping up after our last win saying we will win 3 on the trot. I still think we will end up with it unfortunately.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
#SPOON
#SACKING OF PAY

Go dogs :tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
What .......I'd add the Donkeys to the list and make it a 3 way contest, after all if they lose next week we are on the same points.

Go Dogs
Nah we are on 8, they are on 12. We have a bye making us 10 points and if they lose then they stay on 12.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Depends on Foran, we gotta work out how to crack the line on the last, high ball, grubber or offload.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah we are on 8, they are on 12. We have a bye making us 10 points and if they lose then they stay on 12.
You are correct, they have already had their first bye "win", so if they lose next week we only need to win one more to even it up

Go Dogs

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
when we get the spoon someone should jam it in Pay's ears and ride the **** around Belmore like a pogo stick

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Added columns to thread... will add Broncos into the equation if they drop the next two weeks games.

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With our salary cap issues and our current squad I think every win is an achievement. Great to see the win today. The Sharks didn't turn up to compete and paid the price. We did. The effort seems to be there each game. Inconsistent execution and errors through inexperience and poor judgement seem to be the main problems. We need a few more experienced, genuine 1st graders such as Tolman, Foran and Jackson to win more consistently. Let's hope we can put together enough wins to avoid the spoon.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holland or okunbor need to come in and replace Meaney big time. The guy is not a winger full stop

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Holland or okunbor need to come in and replace Meaney big time. The guy is not a winger full stop
Push Montoya to wing and put Lewis in the centres. That resolves the issue with defensive lapses.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
when we get the spoon someone should jam it in Pay's ears and ride the **** around Belmore like a pogo stick
He'd enjoy that too much, he loves being rode like the donkey he is
(around the bedroom by elliot)

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I legit almost change the channel when I watch him lose metres post contact, he would have close to minus 500 post contact metres this year.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
That would be the only change I'd make, Okunbor for Meaney, that's if Hightower is not injured of course.

Go Dogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I legit almost change the channel when I watch him lose metres post contact, he would have close to minus 500 post contact metres this year.
Yet Peanut Pay "pursecutes" the unfavourites in the forwards while the backs can make any number of mistakes, be slow, not follow the ball, fall over themselves trying to make a tackle, look uninvolved, rush in missing tackles, have the worst tackle technique in the NRL, have no clue in creating an overlap and yet they get picked every week...hardly any accountability for some of them.

Double standards from Pay. Can't wait till he is gone. Far worse for the club than Hasler.