NO LOGIC or Commonsense applied

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who cares if we sack coaches before contract finishes. Is the money coming out of your pocket? Are you the owner? Just worry about what happens on the field. If that means we sack coaches before there contract ends then so be it. That is the business the NRL CLUBS are in.
This wont be an isolated incident if PAY gets the sack. It needed to be done at that time or Announce he won't be here next year. Which might have resulted in ZERO WINS by now.
I am sure you can count atleast 15 sackings of coaches in the last 6 to 7 years in the NRL if not more.
So relax.. there has to be a team that finishes LAST. Unfortunately after all the players we let go to allow us to be in the market for any player we want from 2021 then it had to be done.
when hasler got sacked you all said that we wont be competitive until 2021. I dont understand why this current situation is a shock.
Look at Bennett he has lost 5 games in a row now. Because he has had 2 or 3 big names out of the Souths team. SO SOUTHS SHOULD SACK HIM HE IS SHIT?

We have a team of fringe first graders at the best most reserve grade players. And some a learning to be mentally stronger. A few might make it.

So chill out wait till the wave comes... and you will say it was worth the wait.
Hasler has really caused this mess.
Dont BLAME PAY. He unfortunately is the coach became in reality no other coach would have accepted this knowing that they would be losing for 3 years. So PAY was desperate for the top job and he took it.
Give him time. He didnt take over a team LIKE The Storm or Roosters and is coming LAST then yes you can blame any coach for that.

It's just bad luck so suck it up

Banned
Reaction score
Who do you propose we lynch for being stone motherless last and players performing at subpar levels?
You?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I was a big pay fan. I liked that the ripped down All the science shit off the walls and put up old school dogs history. I like we signed someone who was a bulldog, I like he will bring back some dogs of war mentality and most of all I like he works with juniors. The club isn't in a shit position because of pay, that's dib n dessie after taste but the team is in a shit position because of pay, we lack skills, we lack a game plan that works with this roster , we have a soft under belly, and not one player has developed something to their game under pay. Our attack is mirror of last year if not worse. He doesn't know what he wants from his players cause he chops and changes like its ps4. He prob is the only coach that would take the gig but we need an innovative coach, someone who doesn't follow Melb style because bellyache always changes his game adding variety , by the time we get cap room the boring game plan would pass us by. Pay currently is coaching what was played 2 years ago . Running 9 and 7 are more important than a playmaker 1. Splitting the halves is slowing changing and playing both sides. Foran can't play both sides as He is legless and cogger isn't an attacking 7 he is a 7 from 2 year ago. So I'm worried if pay stays on and we recruit he is buying players from last year or current style but in 2 years a cogger or meaney Elliot won't work.

Last edited:

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I knew we would be bottom three, that’s not the issue. The issue is the tactics and heart. A good coach instills passion, motivation, not just tactics and plays.
Pay hasn’t shown any of that bar a couple of plays (which I think the players come up with).
There’s a lot more but on that alone, Pay is not our future

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
After reading the post I can't really work out if OP is pro or against Pay. It's like someone having an argument with themselves.

No Dogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
After reading the post I can't really work out if OP is pro or against Pay. It's like someone having an argument with themselves.

No Dogs
Following the 2019 Dogs does that to you.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I sort of feel Sorry for pay if u look at it cause we don’t have the players or the money so there isn’t much he can do but I will still get rid of him cause he can’t experiment with the players which is what I would be doing

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

No Dogs
I was just about to say the same thing .. most bipolar post ive ever read on TK, at least the thread was appropriately named after that OP.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I sort of feel Sorry for pay if u look at it cause we don’t have the players or the money so there isn’t much he can do but I will still get rid of him cause he can’t experiment with the players which is what I would be doing
I'm hoping Pay uses the time after June 30 to bring up some Top 30 and development players to invigorate the team and assess new players potential.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a bit of a catch 22. Constantly changing the top 17 has probably contributed to some players losing the confidence to try things. To an extent I look at the bulk of our roster and see a team that doesn't want to mess up because they're afraid to get dropped. In our situation we need a different mentality. We don't have a lot of people who can change a game individually. The pressure on players is probably causing them to not want to look like the worst on field during any given week.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares if we sack coaches before contract finishes. Is the money coming out of your pocket? Are you the owner? Just worry about what happens on the field. If that means we sack coaches before there contract ends then so be it. That is the business the NRL CLUBS are in.
This wont be an isolated incident if PAY gets the sack. It needed to be done at that time or Announce he won't be here next year. Which might have resulted in ZERO WINS by now.
I am sure you can count atleast 15 sackings of coaches in the last 6 to 7 years in the NRL if not more.
So relax.. there has to be a team that finishes LAST. Unfortunately after all the players we let go to allow us to be in the market for any player we want from 2021 then it had to be done.
when hasler got sacked you all said that we wont be competitive until 2021. I dont understand why this current situation is a shock.
Look at Bennett he has lost 5 games in a row now. Because he has had 2 or 3 big names out of the Souths team. SO SOUTHS SHOULD SACK HIM HE IS SHIT?

We have a team of fringe first graders at the best most reserve grade players. And some a learning to be mentally stronger. A few might make it.

So chill out wait till the wave comes... and you will say it was worth the wait.
Hasler has really caused this mess.
Dont BLAME PAY. He unfortunately is the coach became in reality no other coach would have accepted this knowing that they would be losing for 3 years. So PAY was desperate for the top job and he took it.
Give him time. He didnt take over a team LIKE The Storm or Roosters and is coming LAST then yes you can blame any coach for that.

It's just bad luck so suck it up
Thanks for your input on TK Dean.

Look, I think you're a good bloke, you're just out of your depth as the head coach of the Dogs NRL team.
I wish you the best when you are moved on (Sooner rather than later please).

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Who cares if we sack coaches before contract finishes. Is the money coming out of your pocket? Are you the owner? Just worry about what happens on the field. If that means we sack coaches before there contract ends then so be it. That is the business the NRL CLUBS are in. This wont be an isolated incident if PAY gets the sack. It needed to be done at that time or Announce he won't be here next year. Which might have resulted in ZERO WINS by now......
Thanks for your input on TK Dean.
Look, I think you're a good bloke, you're just out of your depth as the head coach of the Dogs NRL team.
I wish you the best when you are moved on (Sooner rather than later please).
Because our major sponsor, Kia, gave Dean a Kia Stinger, which is a twin turbo V6.
Mystery solved!
Make up you mind, which one is the real Dean Pay? I know I'm not, so it must be Mike Z, or maybe it's neither of us, in which case can I respectfully suggest that you try a different response.

Go Dogs

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not touching this one with a ten foot pole. That's all I'll say in this thread

Mo flogs

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn’t read.. but still mind hasn’t changed #sack pay!!

Oh and I almost forgot ..

Go dogs :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Abu Dhabi Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hasler's style was predictive and boring.

You could never question the defence of Des Hasler coached sides, but Des did fall way behind with our attack.

In regards to the "mess", the outdated playing style Des had was a mess, and since Pay took over its taken a larger plummet down the hole, when you thought it couldn't get any worse.

Des is not to blame for the salary cap mess. It all falls down to Rae Rae, Dib & the previous board of Dib puppets.

Ray Dib, Raelene Castle and the previous Dib Board will be remembered as the most damaging and toxic clan to run the Canterbury Bulldogs Rugby League Club in its history.

Now, i will get the Dib relatives and habibs quoting me, so to keep it short n simple, do not quote me, and kindly but abruptly go and fuck yourselves

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I knew what to expect until 2021. I was all for Pay as I loved him as a player just like I liked what I was hearing from the new Board. Pay was given a turd without even a cloth to polish it. That being said regardless of the cattle he has a Coach must improve players. He lied about our attacking style, he lied about "dogs of war" defence and every week he dishes up the same excuse. Yes our players are reserve graders and for some that's insulting reserve graders.

What I am marking Pay on is team effort, performance, heart and improvement, these are all things that have nothing to do with the size of the pay check the players are on. The other key area I am marking him on is his team selections. These are all Coach and player areas. To say these are all a fail is a gross understatement and he is clearly giving preference to "favourites" who do not deserve being protected.

On all area's I am marking Pay on he has failed and not passed one single criteria and that is why I know he is not the Man to lead us forward. This must be sorted out before any new signings and November 1st so he does not fuk the Salary Cap for the next Coach. Sorry Dean.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I knew what to expect until 2021. I was all for Pay as I loved him as a player just like I liked what I was hearing from the new Board. Pay was given a turd without even a cloth to polish it. That being said regardless of the cattle he has a Coach must improve players. He lied about our attacking style, he lied about "dogs of war" defence and every week he dishes up the same excuse. Yes our players are reserve graders and for some that's insulting reserve graders.

What I am marking Pay on is team effort, performance, heart and improvement, these are all things that have nothing to do with the size of the pay check the players are on. The other key area I am marking him on is his team selections. These are all Coach and player areas. To say these are all a fail is a gross understatement and he is clearly giving preference to "favourites" who do not deserve being protected.

On all area's I am marking Pay on he has failed and not passed one single criteria and that is why I know he is not the Man to lead us forward. This must sorted out before any new signings and November 1st so he does not fuk the Salary Cap for the next Coach. Sorry Dean.
Exactly my thoughts, well said.

Even reserve graders should be able to play football without dropping the pill every 5mins.
Even reserve graders know that they have a better chance in attack if they pass to the best attackers (note to Plodman...this ain't you!)
Even reserve graders know that, in defence, move up in a line. Don't wait for the runner to come to you.

Seriously, my daughter's U14 team knows all this.

#payout

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make up you mind, which one is the real Dean Pay? I know I'm not, so it must be Mike Z, or maybe it's neither of us, in which case can I respectfully suggest that you try a different response.

Go Dogs
There's such a thing as having multiple accounts, but I think my sarcasm has flown completely over your head.
/discussion.

Reactions: 086

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Des is not to blame for the salary cap mess. It all falls down to Rae Rae, Dib & the previous board of Dib puppets.
So if Hasler is not to blame then how come he left Manly in exactly the same situation? Drowning in heavily back ended contracts, with no way of making the salary cap without shedding popular players (eg; Glenn Stewart) that the team really needed to keep. If you read the history and just substitute our name for Manly it scarily reads as almost exactly the same scenario. There was no Castle, Dib or other Bulldogs board members. The only common denominator is Hasler, and that's where the ultimate blame belongs.

Go Dogs