News Folau case may send Rugby Australia broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alexander the Great

Again why are people angry about his posts regarding Heavens and Hell? if you don't believe in religion why is it such a big deal for the non-believers?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Again why are people angry about his posts regarding Heavens and Hell? if you don't believe in religion why is it such a big deal for the non-believers?
Exactly right. Tell they to captain jackass who happens to think that this is driving gay people to suicide.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can you share the studies you are talking about?

Research from 1985 found that homosexuals were up to 7 times more likely to commit suicide due to ostracism

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/07481188708252171

Research from 2009 found that LGBTQI Youths living in states with banned gay marriage had much higher rates of mental illness while straight individuals did not have higher rates

https://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/abs/10.2105/AJPH.2009.168815

Other studies from around the year 2000 found family and peer acceptance greatly reduced suicide rates while bullying and ostracism greatly increased suicide rates

http://people.ucalgary.ca/~ramsay/attempted-suicide-gay-lesbian-all-studies.htm
Here's a thought

Maybe being homosexual is a symptom of mental illness and therefore are prone to suicide.

Being ostracised for not fitting in happens to nerds, happens to people with quirky personalities, happens to refugees and wogs but you don't hear wogs committing suicide because they eat salami sandwiches.. They just move on and find their pocket ..tgey don't commit suicide ffs.

Not hating on homosexuals but I do think there may be a mental issue... why do they need to remind everyone that they're gay all the time?
Why do they get a gay month?
Why do they think everyone is gay?
Why do want to sway children into becoming gay?

This is not acceptable behaviour

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Here's a thought

Maybe being homosexual is a symptom of mental illness and therefore are prone to suicide.

Being ostracised for not fitting in happens to nerds, happens to people with quirky personalities, happens to refugees and wogs but you don't hear wogs committing suicide because they eat salami sandwiches.. They just move on and find their pocket ..tgey don't commit suicide ffs.

Not hating on homosexuals but I do think there may be a mental issue... why do they need to remind everyone that they're gay all the time?

Actual, you do hear about that stuff. Bullying is a major cause of suicide. And it's relevant to the amount they receive.

For example, a nerd who is bullied every day at school has a higher chance of suicide because it's a large amount of their time they are getting hassled.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's a thought

Gays are not deemed mentally ill, they have been legalized in NSW since 1984 so the Government does not deem them sick so they must of checked with the top psychiatrist to make sure they are not making a mistake.
What they do at home is their business and as people of Australia should be judged publicly on public mutual respect.
Izzy can say what he wants, let him play.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Actual, you do hear about that stuff. Bullying is a major cause of suicide. And it's relevant to the amount they receive.

For example, a nerd who is bullied every day at school has a higher chance of suicide because it's a large amount of their time they are getting hassled.
People who commit suicide have mental issues. Bullies can exacerbate this but are not responsible

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Gays are not deemed mentally ill, they have been legalized in NSW since 1984 so the Government does not deem them sick so they must of checked with the top psychiatrist to make sure they are not making a mistake.
What they do at home is their business and as people of Australia should be judged publicly on public mutual respect.
The problem is most shareholders and sponsors don't want a bar of him. I think he should take up boxing. There are plenty of people out there who would pay good money for the possible opportunity to see him get his block knocked off....at this stage, it's either boxing, or take up tennis and play mixed doubles with Margaret Court. :P

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
People who commit suicide have mental issues. Bullies can exacerbate this but are not responsible
Not everyone who commits suicide has a chemical mental illness. Some forms of depression are environmental and being socially ostracised is a major cause of environmental depression. Humans are social animals....to feel completely rejected by peers can have a huge negative impact on a person's mind state. It's true that many who are bullied work through things and don't commit suicide.....but people have different thresholds for mental as well as physical pain.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For anyone who wants to see a detailed explanation of how complex this all is. This is a good report.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06...free-speech-simon-longstaff-analysis/11245082
Good article.. Good point about working for the Pope but believing he is the anti Christ..

Falaou didnt make the connection between fans/members/sponsors and his role as a paid player or he did but felt protected by freedom of speech or freedom of religion or he probably thought the majority would back him.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not everyone who commits suicide has a chemical mental illness. Some forms of depression are environmental and being socially ostracised is a major cause of environmental depression. Humans are social animals....to feel completely rejected by peers can have a huge negative impact on a person's mind state. It's true that many who are bullied work through things and don't commit suicide.....but people have different thresholds for mental as well as physical pain.
True, I'm sure there are cases where people commit suicide through social isolation and aren't diagnosed with a mental illness.

I don't know about mental illness apart from a couple of friends who have bi polar and require daily medicating.

From my understanding though It's the level of tolerance that's different between us.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's just that the level of suicide cases for gay people is higher than non gay's which makes me think that being gay might be a symptom of mental issues.
Not saying that they're crazy just that there might be a mental origin for being gay .

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mental health isn't entirely genetic. Some mental health is caused by genetics. Other mental health us caused by environment. People often develop depression and suicidal thoughts due to bullying.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's just that the level of suicide cases for gay people is higher than non gay's which makes me think that being gay might be a symptom of mental issues.
Not saying that they're crazy just that there might be a mental origin for being gay .
WTF.

I have no words. (which doesn't happen too often.)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's a nice little hypothesis there. But just remember that correlation doesn't equal causation.

Wahesh

Reaction score
WTF.

I have no words. (which doesn't happen too often.)
Well it's not natural to be, so she has a point ;)

As a side note, why do all gay guys have the same type of pitch/tone in their voice, ie, you can tell they're gay simply from their voice?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Past the halfway mark in 24 hours :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

View attachment 10405
just in time for the new Ferrari F8 tributo ffs, I highly recommend that car

people thought folau was going to lose out but you cant buy that level of publicity and he is going to be an earning machine from now on by just raising money and speaking

its so much easier than trying to learn how to play AFL or playing rugby

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
and btw you should apologise to the waleed because you mocked him and he was correct

Wahesh

Reaction score
and btw you should apologise to the waleed because you mocked him and he was correct
I'm not going to apologise to him. He was pissed off because Folau was going to get more money which Waleed did not want. Seeing as I loathe Waleed and I support Israel, Waleed can proceed to go parachuting out of an aeroplane. Without a parachute.

Status
Not open for further replies.