Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to agree, 6 championships, I think it's just a media beat up giving themselves something to talk about when they bring MJ into it.
A discussion of who is second to MJ is fair I think, and it doesn't involve Steph.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Have to agree, 6 championships, I think it's just a media beat up giving themselves something to talk about when they bring MJ into it.
A discussion of who is second to MJ is fair I think, and it doesn't involve Steph.
If it's about championships why isn't Bill Russell the GOAT with 11 rings?

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok ok not just 6 championships, tomorrow if I can be fukd I'll dig up the stats, but also just the drive to win, or maybe more so the attitude not 2 lose, I've watched docos showing that he is a psychopath, he did not accept anything less than his best, and has never broken this still to this day.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one comes close to Jordan watched basketball all my life. Kobe and Lebron are the greats of their eras but Jordan was just unstoppable. As much as I love him you can’t say he is the goat of all goats tho in sport. He played in a team sport. Oh yeah Steph curry has a long way to be even mentioned in the greats conversation

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
MJ is Goat he took basketball to a whole new level. I reckon Kobe is the closet to MJ in replicating skill level, attitude, style and a big game clutch winner.

Also I may be bias on Kobe as he was my favorite player as a Lakers fan, but I still stand by what I said.

LeBron is a great player but I don't rate him higher than MJ or Kobe.

Steph, dude ain't even in the picture yet.

Also nice to see Toronto beat GSW for the Championship. GSW are like the Melbourne Storm or Roosters of the NBA.

NickT

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
MJ is Goat he took basketball to a whole new level. I reckon Kobe is the closet to MJ in replicating skill level, attitude, style and a big game clutch winner.

Also I may be bias on Kobe as he was my favorite player as a Lakers fan, but I still stand by what I said.

LeBron is a great player but I don't rate him higher than MJ or Kobe.

Steph, dude ain't even in the picture yet.

Also nice to see Toronto beat GSW for the Championship. GSW are like the Melbourne Storm or Roosters of the NBA.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I’m from the old school and I know the game has changed but in my eyes MJ is still the GOAT of all goats! Discuss
Anyone who think MJ is not the GOAT is a moron and I wont talk to them about basketball.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
There were only 8 teams back then and the Celtics had like 5 of the best 10 players. Bill Russell was never the top scorer on his team and only once was the 2nd highest scorer on his team.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
IMO

I just think the question is flawed. Too many variables: era, play styles, amount of teams, competitive teams, difference in positions etc.

You can argue GOAT in position and best in an era, I don't think it's possible to decide who the absolute GOAT is

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
LeBron does almost everything on the court better than Jordan

1) LeBron is more athletic, bigger, stronger and jumps higher
2) Lebron shoots better
3) Lebron passes better
4) Lebron rebounds better
5) Lebron is more clutch
6) Lebron is a better defender because he can guard any position

1) Jordan is more agile
2) Jordan probably is quicker
3) Jordan has more steals as he should

the reason Jordan has 6 championships is because he had an easier path, its quite simple mathematics, like LeBron had an incredible game 1 of the 2018 finals scoring 51 pts (19-32 FG) but its not enough to beat the opposition, golden state have taken away 2 or more titles that might have gone to LeBron

if 90's basketball players like olajuwon, payton, malone and reggie miller formed a western conference superteam to stop Jordan and his finals record was only 3-3 it doesn't mean he was a worse player ffs

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Can't it be a white man?