Official Dallin Watene-Zelezniak signs with Bulldogs effective immediately.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know if DWZ will slot straight in at fullback or on the wing. But if he goes to fullback I'd put Meaney on the wing. He needs to gain some confidence in his runs. Letting him make them out wide might be good. He's got plenty of pace, just not a lot of size. Running at forwards hasn't done him favours. But if he's just finishing off plays out wide his pace and ability to field kicks could be very useful.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
On a serious note FFS will be a great player for us lol
Hope so. Inu, Lolesi, Vagana, I always liked a talented Kiwi backs at the Doggies. Hopefully DWZ plays well.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So does he play tomorrow night v dragons lol.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hes been wanting to play fb at panthers so id say he’s playing at 1 hes the opposite of meany not as safe under the high ball but a very powerful runner

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hes been wanting to play fb at panthers so id say he’s playing at 1 hes the opposite of meany not as safe under the high ball but a very powerful runner
This is a fantastic signing, but only for 18 months? So he has left the door open for linking up with the tigers in 2021 or another club?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is a fantastic signing, but only for 18 months? So he has left the door open for linking up with the tigers in 2021 or another club?
So its up to our club to make him love it here and create a winning club the balls in our court

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It gives us a year and a half to evaluate whether he's part of a long term ingredient for our success. If he's firing in our team we can upgrade the contract before he comes off contract.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m really pumpd that we finally bought a top class player
It is the best news in years and believe we have turned the corner for the better
Looks like the board have some control of the cap and more quality players will follow
Faith in going forward

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thought we had no cap space till 2021 so we were sitting on unused cap money
I think (or should I say hope..) that Hill and the board are just keeping their cards close to their chest and they actually do have a plan..

Awesome signing.

Dave0175

Waterboy
Reaction score
1 DWZ.
2 remis
3 hoppa
4 meanie/ liccha ... based on cap money spent
5 criton / okonbor when fit
6 lewis
7 cogger
9 foran
8. Tolman
10 napa
11 Jackson
12 CHN
13 Martin
14 JMK
Bench with 3 other big in form bodies
I firmly believe foran is a No9 for us .... he is the key to directing our play and linking with the outside backs
He has the skill the vision and the experience we require there his defence is solid
Bring back the youth and guide them from prime position I say

Reactions: mez

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good signing, even better it’s only till the end of 2020 which is good because if it doesn’t work out it won’t interrupt our 2021 war chest with a new coach who may or may not want him. We’re getting there slowly. I can see light at the end of the tunnel.
That's the only reason Im content with the signing.. His a better version of Montoya, don't see that much talent in DWZ besides doing everything the hard way. Though hopefully he gets back to rookie form and plays for us in that fashion.

The good thing is his a pretty good stop gap for the next 18 months if he stays injury free but like you said the fact he ain't gonna dent us in 2021 is a great move.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope

Sonny bill williams is coming back!

Nah seriously just be patient. Will soon know just let it be.
The Kennel faithful really have no patience at all
Everybody is chomping at the bit for insider info or names
I suppose after years of gloom we deserve good news
I’ll go tomorrow with a fresh outlook on our future and have a few beers to celebrate DWZ

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So the potential signing has he ever played at our club in the past? Lolllll that’s the last question we all wanna know but all good if you don’t wanan share anymore info

Go the dogs
No he hasn’t