Official Joe Stimson joins the Bulldogs on a 3 year deal

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We need big bad tackle busting backrowers. Not another Tolman.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How many apples and grapes do you think we have paid for him ?
Do you think he came for a minimum wage ?
Do you remember our moto...Bred not bought ?
Do you remember 2012, minor premiers in all grades then Hasler & Cleal got full control of us ?
Bred not bought was thrown out the window when Greenberg decided that keeping a strong production line was a wasted expense since other clubs might sign them. The club seems to be trying to get our junior development back on track.

As far as the Stimson signing goes it may or may not wind up being a good choice. But I doubt he had a huge price tag. People may like to see someone like RFM as a great player because he hits the line bounces backwards and jinks around. But he needs to hit the line with every intention of breaking through it. Looking flashy with that kind of play only looks flashy. It doesn't create chances often. It usually just gives the defence time to reset during play. I'll try and catch some footage of how Stimson plays in coming weeks. But if he defends well and hits the line hard he's doing everything required of a second rower

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Are you confusing his number with where he actually plays on the field?

Go Dogs
This crew don't seem to be able to follow instructions. Maybe if they played with their correct number on their back, were given simplified, traditional roles to play and knew their jobs then we might go better.

Back to basics. Unfortunately their basics is Desball atm.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
This crew don't seem to be able to follow instructions. Maybe if they played with their correct number on their back, were given simplified, traditional roles to play and knew their jobs then we might go better.
Back to basics. Unfortunately their basics is Desball atm.
I don't know the reason, maybe it's superstition regarding the number, perhaps someone can ask him, if I remember to I will report back.

Go Dogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don't know the reason, maybe it's superstition regarding the number, perhaps someone can ask him, if I remember to I will report back.

Go Dogs
The extent of Jacko's superstitions, as they apply to the team, should be wearing his favourite grundies each week. That's it.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Stinson is a good player and i dont mind having him.... but... the position we are in, we need to focus on our weaknesses which are the backs and hooker, and we need a player that once he joins, it will entice others to follow.

We already have 500000 forwards on.our books plus Elliot who is Pays marquee forward..
By the end of the year we will be at least 3 less than what we have now.

Thats why the signing of Stimson. We have about 7 players off contract. Not all are backs.

Stimson has not been signed to start, just a cheaper back up of what we are losing.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
By the end of the year we will be at least 3 less than what we have now.

Thats why the signing of Stimson. We have about 7 players off contract. Not all are backs.

Stimson has not been signed to start, just a cheaper back up of what we are losing.
Why would he leave the Storm unless promised a starting spot. With Martin leaving and Jackson eventually moving to lock there will be another second row starting position with Harawira-Naera. I personally think he is good enough to start, just we should be focusing on other areas of the team to improve first.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why would he leave the Storm unless promised a starting spot. With Martin leaving and Jackson eventually moving to lock there will be another second row starting position with Harawira-Naera. I personally think he is good enough to start, just we should be focusing on other areas of the team to improve first.
If you are a young footballer wanting to make your mark in FG and you looked at the Storm back row and the Bulldogs back row, where do you think you would get more time in FG?

That is actually a big selling point for our club................We are playing so crap we can give young, hungry prospects who perform an easier path to FG

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
He looked the size of a prop the other day, unless I was watching the wrong bloke? Worries me that we beat Storm and 2 other clubs....in regards to cost?
Storm probably released him, so they can make a huge offer to take Jackson from us.