Official Joe Stimson joins the Bulldogs on a 3 year deal

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
MOD EDIT - NOW CONFIRMED
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/06/04/joe-stimson-to-join-the-bulldogs-on-a-three-year-deal/

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have added to their forward strength by signing talented second-rower Joe Stimson for the next three seasons, keeping him at Belmore until the end of the 2022 season.

23 year-old Stimson made his debut for the Melbourne Storm in 2017 and has currently made 40 NRL appearances, including last season's Grand Final loss to the Sydney Roosters.

His big game experience will be a valuable addition to a young Bulldogs pack.

Coach Dean Pay was delighted at getting someone of Stimson's ability to the Bulldogs:

"Although he is still only 23, Joe has already got some big-game experience under his belt with the Storm and we feel that he will be a great addition to our forwards. We have a very young side in terms of age and NRL games, so to add someone with Joe's talent and winning attitude will be a big boost for us moving forward and I know that everyone is excited about what he can bring."

Buzz Rothfield stating dogs have signed him for 2020.... another backrower? Really think we have a few other positions that would be priority??

Last edited by a moderator:

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kallum watkins is available now per leeds rhinos. Hes getting on but would be a better target to bolster the backline

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need more than fukn joe Stimson, we need a new top 30 except a few from the current squad and a new coach

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
DOGS BOOST BACK-ROW WITH STORM ENFORCER

The struggling Canterbury Bulldogs have boosted their NRL roster for next season with the signing of Melbourne Storm forward Joe Stimson on a three-year contract.

Stimson, 23, will inform Storm players of his decision on Tuesday and play out the remainder of the season in Melbourne before switching to Belmore.

He has played 41 NRL games for the Storm in the last three seasons.

Storm coach Craig Bellamy was keen to keep the edge forward in Melbourne but couldn’t match the offer from the Bulldogs or two other clubs that were interested.

“He’s a Storm player through and through,” said assistant coach Jason Ryles last week when questioned about the interest from premiership rivals.

The Bulldogs were originally keen to sign Stimson this year but the Storm refused to release him.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kallum watkins is available now per leeds rhinos. Hes getting on but would be a better target to bolster the backline
Watkins would have been a gun 3-4 years ago... he missed the bus the loser.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is hard to get excited about this signing at the minute mainly because it’s another second rower. He seems like a pretty decent signing though. Surely there will be movement with the backrowers currently here. You’d say this ends any chance of retaining Martin.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't mind the signing but surely this means we lose either Martin or RFM who would be so beneficial to this squad.

Hopefully its Elliot as he and Tolman should be that worker off the bench and I just think Tolman offers so much more than Elliot.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't mind the signing but surely this means we lose either Martin or RFM who would be so beneficial to this squad.

Hopefully its Elliot as he and Tolman should be that worker off the bench.
There’s no way Pay will let anything happen to his number one in Elliot.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It is hard to get excited about this signing at the minute mainly because it’s another second rower. He seems like a pretty decent signing though. Surely there will be movement with the backrowers currently here. You’d say this ends any chance of retaining Martin.
Great minds thinking alike again huh...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There’s no way Pay will let anything happen to his number one in Elliot.
We'll hopefull Pay gets the arse and Elliot gets the flick.... Just isn't worth keeping anymore with the amount of injuries, head knocks and mistakes in his game.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Great signing, hopefully Welch to follow.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
He looked the size of a prop the other day, unless I was watching the wrong bloke? Worries me that we beat Storm and 2 other clubs....in regards to cost?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He looked the size of a prop the other day, unless I was watching the wrong bloke? Worries me that we beat Storm and 2 other clubs....in regards to cost?
Looks more like a second rower, but I'm sure he can play prop or lock too. I think he's playing prop off the bench for Storm atm. At the start of the season he was talked about starting in the second row, but had an injury set back and Bromwich started instead and he's done so well they haven't looked back.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
With so many deficiencies in this team there's other positions we needed to fill before this. Can't help but feel disappointed at the club atm.
Totally agree with more important positions needed. I will watch the storm a little more now to see what we have on our hands in Stimson.