The Clearys

Reaction score
This dear friends is a tale of failure, betrayal, disappoint and mind boggling decisions of the panthers , personified by the coach and son dou of the Clearys. Honestly though how shit have the panther been

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can see Cleary now the rain has gone, 8-) and yes it’s been a failed experiment indeed.!!! (Understatement) but we all know this..!!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Serves Penrith and Ivan right. Penrith punted Griffin and Gus for Ivan and they're 2-8. Ivan completely screwed over the Tigers who are now better off without him and showed how little class he had with the way he handled things.

He's getting what he deserves now and shows how bad a coach he actually is. I thought he knew his shit but his win percentage for his career is like 43% or something and you can't argue with those numbers.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I rated Ivan but there's no defending the crap he's dishing out lol. Always thought Nathan was abit over hyped. One of those players who got huge wraps based on his age and future potential but is yet to step up into that elite level. He has plenty of time to do so though, we'll see

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Funny thing is he can’t drop his son to reserve grade or the son will cry to mum and Ivan will be without pussy for a while.

Might be some awkward looks at the dinner table.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Who would want to be a coach...seriously.

Many on here were saying we should go for Cleary, now they seem a little quiet.

There are so many factors at play in the coaching arena...

Like everyone calling for Pay to be sacked yet there’s not a lot out there to turn to, sure there’s maybe someone like Walters, but there’s a lot of unknowns with him also.

DublinDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gotta say I'm really enjoying watching the panthers and clearys flop - I hope they stay on the bottom rung

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Apparently wherever Ivan has coached in the past his team's have always had the worst attacking stats in the comp. This was mentioned by Rothfield on fox last night. Yet he still managed to con Penrith out of 1.5 million a year.......the guys a genius lol.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could only laugh at how bad the Penrith Clearys' played that last game...that collision at the back.

And Maloney missing out on his last chance to impress Freddy due to suspension is the cherry on top.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Panthers fans won't tolerate this for long.
The Pampers fans would boo a boy scout helping a little old lady across the road but I have never ever heard such loud and long boos at both half time and full time, not directed at the referees or the opposition but at their own team. Won't be long until those drums are beating a lot louder and they are calling for the sacking of their Judas coach and his over hyped son....

To me Penrith players are performing as if if they have no respect for their coach giving him little option but to demote them, all except his son of course and the Penrith fans will not accept that for much longer unless they can turn it around and start playing footy...

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who would want to be a coach...seriously.

Many on here were saying we should go for Cleary, now they seem a little quiet.

There are so many factors at play in the coaching arena...

Like everyone calling for Pay to be sacked yet there’s not a lot out there to turn to, sure there’s maybe someone like Walters, but there’s a lot of unknowns with him also.
Very few jobs out there were you get sacked for being shit and paid out your contract.

Sounds alright to me.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
FUN FACTS:
Ivan Cleary has never won a wooden spoon as a player.
Ivan Cleary has never won a wooden spoon as a coach.
Panthers last wooden spoon was 2007.

To me Penrith players are performing as if if they have no respect for their coach giving him little option but to demote them, all except his son of course and the Penrith fans will not accept that for much longer unless they can turn it around and start playing footy...
I don't think many of the players were happy with Gould being forced out, or Griffin being given the arse.

Definitely not a happy camp and they are revolting on the field.