Opinion We need much more from Napa as our starting big man

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He had a couple of good games right before getting injured but so far overall has been underwhelming. It's so vital to have at least one of your forwards putting a significant dent in the opposition and he's meant to be the main motherfucker. I'd just about give Tualalo a starting spot and see how he goes as he has been running hard, bending the line and making post contact meters.

Napa comes in hunting with his shoulder for a big hit but rarely connects. Being an ex prop I'm surprised Pay is okay with this. His stats today we're dreadful. I reckon it is worth experimening with starting Fualalo next week for a 20 minute stint then bring Pappy on and Ogden for Tolman maybe 30th minute or so.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nappa has gone to shit since his injury.

Last week and today both games , he knocked the ball close to our defence line in the first 5 minutes, both plays resulting in trys for the opposition.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Naps is soft After he joined us. yes he had the injury, but he was a feared man and an enforcer at the roosters..we all knew him as a mongrel with massive hits an power!! He’s had a couple of good games this year, and saw some of that for brief moments.

Top bloke, love him at the club.. just want to see him fire up and get back to how he is known to play. When he does it will be a huge!!!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Naps is soft compared to the days he was at the roosters, he was a feared man and we all knew him as a mongrel with massive hits an power!! He’s had a couple of good games this year, and saw some of that for brief moments, but he is not like I remember him as an enforcer..!!

Top bloke, love him at the club.. just want to see him fire up and get back to how he is known to play. When he does it will be a huge!!!

Before his injury he was playing better than klemmer.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I watched him closely at the game today and he seemed like his head wasn’t in the game, didn’t get involved a lot and just looked a bit disinterested...

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched him closely at the game today and he seemed like his head wasn’t in the game, didn’t get involved a lot and just looked a bit disinterested...
Does your head in aye. You'd think he'd be pushing hard, at the very least to impress QLD selectors like he said in media last week. Lift ****!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He had two good games before his injury but he looks like he's packed on nearly 10kgs since then and his form has turned to shit.

The injury wouldn't have helped obviously but you can't use it as an excuse when Foran had a worse injury and has played great since returning.

I had my doubts about the signing of Napa. Hopefully he proves me wrong but right now he's looking like the average player we saw last year at the Roosters. Hopefully he steps up in the next few games because he needs to.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Does your head in aye. You'd think he'd be pushing hard, at the very least to impress QLD selectors like he said in media last week. Lift ****!
Absolutely, particularly with Wallace and Arrow playing also, thought he would’ve been right up for it?

Maybe not that confident on the ankle just yet?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His a big guy, takes a few weeks from injury for those blokes to get back in routine
Took him a few games at the start too, came good got injured
I’m predicting the same

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Naps is soft After he joined us. yes he had the injury, but he was a feared man and an enforcer at the roosters..we all knew him as a mongrel with massive hits an power!! He’s had a couple of good games this year, and saw some of that for brief moments.

Still waiting for him to make a big hit. Like who cares about what people say about your dodgy tackle technique- just go out there and smash em away

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still waiting for him to make a big hit. Like who cares about what people say about your dodgy tackle technique- just go out there and smash em away
At least one aye

He was doing them weekly at the chooks

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
fualalo runs harder, will never be a fan of his style

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wasn't overwhelmed by his effort today but he wasn't poor either. Just not the enforcer we hoped to have in our line up. Ogden has filled that role off the bench better. Perhaps it's just a case of having him there during the softening up period. Perhaps it's just a matter of him getting back into the rythym of things after injury. But not going to be too harsh on him just yet. He's certainly not been playing poorly.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
He single handledly lost us all momentum at the start of the game with his errors and penalties. Took us half a game and what 16 points to wrestle it back. He should be the bench prop IMO for impact and less minutes until he can prove otherwise.

Reactions: jof

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He single handledly lost us all momentum at the start of the game with his errors and penalties. Took us half a game and what 16 points to wrestle it back. He should be the bench prop IMO for impact and less minutes until he can prove otherwise.
problem is he is on 700k

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They scored 8 points directly from his fuck ups.