Super Ref

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
most of the tackles that appeared to be slow in the ruck were as a result of souths trying to take advantage and trying to walk off the mark.... At what point should the tackled player stop his forward momentum ?????? the call of held is made by ref and the tackler is expected to drop off, but the player with the ball wants to pinch another 2-3 metres ???

this is an area that referees really struggle with especially with teams like souths..

Touche!! I agree whole heartedly with you. Flopping around like epileptic porpoises. The Bargeass boys are masters at it as is Sutton and if he had been playing yesterday Inglis would have given it his all too. I really hate it when a player throws his legs around as if he is being pinned to the ground by an unseen force....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In the lead up, I was sure there had been a lost ball by Souths when the ball came free, and appeared to hit the back of a Dog's defender before it was regained. In most games, the minute the ball is lost, whether forward or back, it's a knock on as far as the refs are concerned. It sure would have been called had it been us in possession.
I think that was the one that hit Martin in the backside. Yes you are correct in saying it should have been a knock on. Showed up clear as day on the big screen replay....

That's just absolute bullshit isn't it?!!! Thats what I understood, but because I could see no evidence of it I thought I must have heard it wrong.
They were both slowed down by this, and both continued in the chase. Such absolute bias!!!

We were royally pissed at that decision.If anything Smith was slightly impeded by that so should have been a penalty to us where it occurred. Instead the impostor with the flag could not come racing in quick enough to tell Perineum that rather than rewarding Smith for a brilliant chase and tackle he should take play back a good forty metres to award the penalty to Souths....

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Parra copped a shocker of a time during their time with the spoon. It looks like we are the new NO 50/50 calls team.
It’s all the teams on the lower end of the ladder that cop it.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Touche!! I agree whole heartedly with you. Flopping around like epileptic porpoises. The Bargeass boys are masters at it as is Sutton and if he had been playing yesterday Inglis would have given it his all too. I really hate it when a player throws his legs around as if he is being pinned to the ground by an unseen force....
The old Michael Hancock move... It's like what the grunt is to tennis .. annoying..

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We been getting a bum steer from refs for over a decade since 02 at minimum but now it’s blatantly biased we get nothing

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
C'mon man, this is painfully obvious.
A player betting on a Rugby League could easily be seen as corruption. It would be the equivalent to inside trading.
the NRL is so inbred.They were even saying last night that Lewis and Cook took each other's garbage out. Wouldn't be fair to the rest of the public for League players to bet on League matches.

Doesn't even make sense if you knew how book making works.

The only thing that could be remotely rigged in league is referee's reffing/keeping teams back into games so it's not such a boring watch for the NRL but even that is unlikely, but far more plausible.

I don't wanna sound rude but to think bookies rig rugby league is plain wrong.
If that was the case and you've figured it out just bet on the favourite team each week and you could literally be close to a billionaire in a year starting with 100k
For example Rosters were $2.30 last night on Bet Fair and Souths were $1.40. Easy money.
The refs are what fucks a team up, and it can’t be a coincidence that we get so much bullshit calls every game.

I never said the bookies rig games I’m saying the NRL rigs game to benefit there agendas, for example storms or roosters will get 50/50 calls go there way, why???
Why are teams getting punished and penalised for something and other teams won’t ??

How can one team get 10 penalties and the other team get 3or 4?

There is no consistency in anything in the NRL and it’s becoming a joke.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about when CHN goes into a gap and scores, but the ref doesn't play the advantage, he gives us a penalty instead??? That was truly fucked up. 2 tries denied for bullshit reffing reasons!
If I recall correctly, it was a play the ball penalty. If so, the ball is out of play as soon as the penalty occurs, so the ref can’t play advantage in that situation.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That No try to Holland would've been a try had it been Souths.... We just keep getting the shit 50/50 calls. How was Holland supposed to avoid collision? He barely touched Gagai who was already on his way down and got in the way. Same with the Reimis Smith Penalty.... They just nit pick the rules to disadvantage us. If it wasn't for the Bulldogs I'd stop watching this shit corrupt comp run by the betting agencies.
What about the punches thrown by both Burgers Brothers at our players they didn't even raise a coreshine. imagine if the shoe was on the foot. There would have been a send of, or a penalty try to them.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need a Captain that's going to utilise the fact that everything they say to the regs is broadcast...

"They're moving off the mark again sir, that's 3 in a row"

"The whole of the last 2 sets they have been inside the ten, it's it's giving us a unfair disadvantage"

"Why is it they get to keep peeling of the tackles, you pinged us for that 5 minutes ago, yet these guys keep doing it"

..... Get a Captain with some balls and a bit of authority, and tactically go over what lines he should be rehearsing for the mic each week.... Whilst you're at it,get him to learn rules of the game word for word, and have use that as an additional tool. (Sir section 4, part 2a states that..... Yet they've been doing it all game.)

They might tell you to piss off the first few games, but the more it happens the more respect they (wittingly or unwittingly) for our Captain /team.

Captaincy is a game off strategy.. and Smith's the master of it... Time to take a leaf..

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Totally agree every try we score gets checked like they try to find a way to disallow it which the did

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Need a Captain that's going to utilise the fact that everything they say to the regs is broadcast...

"They're moving off the mark again sir, that's 3 in a row"

"The whole of the last 2 sets they have been inside the ten, it's it's giving us a unfair disadvantage"

"Why is it they get to keep peeling of the tackles, you pinged us for that 5 minutes ago, yet these guys keep doing it"

..... Get a Captain with some balls and a bit of authority, and tactically go over what lines he should be rehearsing for the mic each week.... Whilst you're at it,get him to learn rules of the game word for word, and have use that as an additional tool. (Sir section 4, part 2a states that..... Yet they've been doing it all game.)

They might tell you to piss off the first few games, but the more it happens the more respect they (wittingly or unwittingly) for our Captain /team.

Captaincy is a game off strategy.. and Smith's the master of it... Time to take a leaf..
I like you're captaincy style.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ennis spoke up and gave it to the refs

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ennis spoke up and gave it to the refs
He did, but he had no tact about him....

Match officials these days are having a Whole lot more influence on the game today then ever before, to me, training players to converse with the officials is as (if not more) important as in game tactics such as wrestling and what not.

Control the ref that controls the game (or rather influence the ref that influences the game) and all of a sudden "50/50s" start swinging our way as does the flow of the game.

Get lawyers to teach them what not to say, and body language experts to teach them how to read and be read and actors to teach them how to deliver the message.... Just as important as a wrestling coach in my mind.

If you can't spend it in the cap, spend it in ways that enhance what we have in the cap.

Bbyss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yesterday’s officiating was disgusting, when you rewatch that game and take it apart, you can’t sit there and say the games not fucking rigged.!!!! And the worst part is It’s their in black an white for all to see.. nrl and it’s officials and the bookmakers are ruining this once great game! nrl is a joke and that’s no JOKE.

IF they are never held accountable (which they won’t be) the same shit continues. Grrrrrr!!!!
Agreed, I use to go most of Bulldogs games, last 3 years I haven't been to any NRL games because I believe it's rigged....

Bashman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
mate - bang on!!!!! Are these refs that blind to that? I think their bias gets exposed because one play, the South player fights Tolman and pushes 2 metres forward while Tolman is forced to march backwards as he lets him go and they get a penalty - it infuriated me thinking, are the commentators that dumb, refs that dumb - or biased? That is a blatant cunning tactic and our Club needs to fucking break it down and submit it to the NRL to show a massive issue in the officiating of the game. They did this so often in the game, wrestling and fighting, trying to lock Dogs arms into the tackle and hold on to milk a penalty, then try to tangle themselves into the player as the player tries to get off, then try to interfere with the player as he is backing away to make it look like the player is constantly holding on. This is totally shit. And gaslighting Bennet goes on about how we held on in the ruck in our 20 after he enjoyed about 6 bullshit penalties that put his side there? Fuck off you cunning prick! End of rant. That felt Better! :grinning:
It wouldn’t happen if they just penalised the players for walking off the mark. The worst possible result for creeping now is being asked to go back. So players will take their chances.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
...for some reason the refs have a vendetta against the club, they've declared war on bulldogs and until something changes and I don't know what, this will never end.

It is so hard to win a game of footy these days, but given the calls we get it's almost impossible.....I'm fucking sick of one sided and dodgy refereeing

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It wouldn’t happen if they just penalised the players for walking off the mark. The worst possible result for creeping now is being asked to go back. So players will take their chances.

Souths have been the mainstays at this for years and had one of, if not the best, in Inglis. As you say i f walking off the mark was made punishable by a penalty it just might stop.

I find it funny that all the onus for fair play in the ruck is with the marker, meaning the man playing the ball can get away with lots of things.