Israel Folau has Wallabies contract terminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So ... he's reinterated his stance and shows no remorse because ...

“I’ll stand on what the Bible says. I share it with love. I can see the other side of the coin where people’s reactions are the total opposite to how I’m sharing it.

“But in Ezekiel, chapter 33, verse 11, it says that ‘God has no pleasure in the person that’s living in sin’ — He’s a loving God and he wants people to turn away from what they’re living in and he’ll give them life."

Fair enough, but if that really is the case with Folau then why doesn't he speak up for the other sins his God bans in the bible including:

- masterbation
- looking at women in lust
- wearing jewellery or torn clothes
- eat bacon

I can't be bothered in going on with the rest. I'm not attacking Christianity, or religion but just emphasising that he really is talking out of his arse. If anything he's just angling for a big money move ....
Because Ezekiel is under the Old Covenant. Christians are under the new covenant and the old covenant is obsolete and no longer binding.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably because homosexuality is the only thing on that list that isn’t a choice. Well, I suppose people can repress their natural urges if they like, but many who do end up depressed, suicidal or dead.

Do you really think this bonehead is adding anything constructive by telling people Hell awaits them? The verse he’s paraphrasing doesn’t even say that in as many words.... it talks about the kingdom of God.... not explicitly about hell.

In any case, it seems his contract was clear. Some may wish to make him out to be the victim, but he made a choice.
Using this logic, pedophiles also dont have a choice. I mean, they are attracted to little children, does this mean that they ought to act on it? No, so urges are not not an excuse.

I am not doubting it would be a struggle. That is why Jesus tells each of us to carry our cross and follow him.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you heard Usman Khawaja say as much? Or SBW? Or Hazem? The reality is, you can only make that argument in a hypothetical sense, because no Muslim athlete has come out saying such things in recent times....except Anthony Mundine....oh wait, his comments were met with widespread condemnation too.
But they believe it to be true.

So, what is the difference?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Raelene Castle .. the gift that keeps on giving :D

https://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby...l/news-story/718463003293b7df792183bac4bc7db1

April 17, 2019 2:28pm

Israel Folau has responded to a breach notice issued by Rugby Australia following the fallout to his homophobic Instagram post. The 30-year-old Wallabies fullback has requested the case be referred to a Code of Conduct hearing.

“After the date for the hearing is confirmed Rugby Australia and the NSW Rubgy Union will make no further comment on the matter until the Code of Conduct process has concluded,” a statement from Rugby Australia released on Wednesday read.

Folau was issued the breach notice on Monday and was given 48 hours to respond. He may have to wait a while for the hearing because of upcoming public holidays.

It comes after a report revealed Rugby Australia bungled its contract negotiations with Folau by failing to insert social media restraints. The Daily Telegraph says Folau, who inked a $4 million four-year deal last year, refused to have the additional clauses retrospectively inserted into the contract. If this is so, it will place added pressure on RA CEO Raelene Castle, whose tenure has turned into a giant headache because of Folau’s inflammatory social media posts. RA believe they are still on safe ground, because they will argue the Wallaby star breached the standard player code of conduct by vilifying others because of their sexuality.

The Telegraph labelled the contract situation as a “bungle” which could leave RA facing action under workplace anti-discrimination requirements.

Folau’s defence will be based around him being punished for expressing his religion’s beliefs. The report says the lack of social media clauses are central to his defence. But he would appear to still be facing a major battle.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Using this logic, pedophiles also dont have a choice. I mean, they are attracted to little children, does this mean that they ought to act on it? No, so urges are not not an excuse.

I am not doubting it would be a struggle. That is why Jesus tells each of us to carry our cross and follow him.
Pedophilia involves exploitation and abuse of a victim. No basis for comparison whatsoever.

People who compare homosexuality to pedophilia are a few sandwiches short of a pic-a-nic basket, Boo Boo!

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
But they believe it to be true.

So, what is the difference?
They may, but their beliefs don’t alienate sponsors and a fairly large percentage of their supporter base. If you can’t see the difference, you need to think harder.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Follow him by sharing social media posts that only alienate people and slap people across the cheek with their own supposed waywardness?

The reality that the post places more emphasis on hellfire and damnation than salvation speaks volumes about the mindsets of those who made it and those who have shared it, imo. As do arguments which equate what they believe to be an act of sin to an abusive act.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pedophilia involves exploitation and abuse of a victim. No basis for comparison whatsoever.

People who compare homosexuality to pedophilia are a few sandwiches short of a pic-a-nic basket, Boo Boo!
In Both cases, they involve physical urges/desires.
My argument is, physical urges/desires are not an excuse.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They may, but their beliefs don’t alienate sponsors and a fairly large percentage of their supporter base. If you can’t see the difference, you need to think harder.
So you see everytime SBW who is a well know Muslim everytime he takes the field looks up at the sky and prays. Everyone knows he is a Muslim.
What does the Qaran say about homosexuality?
Exactly.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Follow him by sharing social media posts that only alienate people and slap people across the cheek with their own supposed waywardness?

The reality that the post places more emphasis on hellfire and damnation than salvation speaks volumes about the mindsets of those who made it and those who have shared it, imo. As do arguments which equate what they believe to be an act of sin to an abusive act.
No, when he says take up your cross it means to do deny yourself and your urges and follow him.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
In Both cases, they involve physical urges/desires.
My argument is, physical urges/desires are not an excuse.
I know what your argument is.....I'll restate mine - there is NO basis for comparison between a perceived act of immorality and an act that victimises and traumatises a minor.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So you see everytime SBW who is a well know Muslim everytime he takes the field looks up at the sky and prays. Everyone knows he is a Muslim.
What does the Qaran say about homosexuality?
Exactly.
Exactly what, man? There is a difference between believing something and using your beliefs to openly condemn others. You can't tell others what they should or shouldn't be offended by any more than someone else can tell you what you should or shouldn't believe.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No, when he says take up your cross it means to do deny yourself and your urges and follow him.
So you're denying Jesus placed more emphasis on salvation than condemnation? According to your theology, wasn't his purpose of coming to earth to save? Some Christians seem to place a much stronger emphasis on condemning than compassion. Telling people they are hellbound and then mentioning salvation as an afterthought is not a persuasive way of making a point. Some don't exacly do a good job of conveying the love in their hearts (assuming there is any love there). It's one thing to say you speak from a place of love after the fact, another to consider your tone before speaking.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He represents the ARU, they are allowed to dictate what he can and can’t say. Even in my own work contract I have social media clauses... its standard and he knew it, he signed it saying he knew it.
it's not a breach of the code of conduct to practise your faith. It's a breach of human rights to discriminate against someone practising their faith.
Israel falaou's faith requires he spread the gospel .. That's all he did

His actions did not discriminate against homosexuals as the aru are claiming. Did he disclude homosexuals from anything? Did he treat them different from others? Has his actions denied them any rights? Did he try to incite hate? No he is just spreading the gospel as per his requirements under his faith

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly what, man? There is a difference between believing something and using your beliefs to openly condemn others. You can't tell others what they should or shouldn't be offended by any more than someone else can tell you what you should or shouldn't believe.
SBW ALSO believes homosexuals will go to hell, like Christians.

If you know SBW is a Muslim, you know exactly what his beliefs are.

What difference does it make if he tweets or not?

He still believes it to be true like Israel

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you're denying Jesus placed more emphasis on salvation than condemnation? According to your theology, wasn't his purpose of coming to earth to save? Some Christians seem to place a much stronger emphasis on condemning than compassion. Telling people they are hellbound and then mentioning salvation as an afterthought is not a persuasive way of making a point. Some don't exacly do a good job of conveying the love in their hearts (assuming there is any love there). It's one thing to say you speak from a place of love after the fact, another to consider your tone before speaking.
What happened on the Mount Olive?

Jesus told the woman that her sins are forgiven AND he also told her to stop sinning going forward.

Nuff said

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
SBW ALSO believes homosexuals will go to hell, like Christians.

If you know SBW is a Muslim, you know exactly what his beliefs are.

What difference does it make if he tweets or not?

He still believes it to be true like Israel
I've stated my argument clearly twice. Beliefs and poorly chosen words are two completely different things.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What happened on the Mount Olive?

Jesus told the woman that her sins are forgiven AND he also told her to stop sinning going forward.

Nuff said
Did he tell her to also spend the rest of her life wanderiung around and threatening others with hellfire? You're doing a spectacular job of missing the point.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Are you an atheist?
Were you dropped on your head as a child? My question is about as relevant to the discussion as yours.

I'd say I'm more agnostic than atheist..... overly dogmatic and judgmental people make me hesitant to embrace organised religion. As does my belief that religious texts have been tinkered with and amended by those in power over the years for the purpose of control.

Status
Not open for further replies.