Official Round 5 - Bulldogs Press Conference

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Summary:
  • Too many errors.
  • Not good enough.
  • Made some progression. Going to have ups and downs. Need to get ourselves ready to play Souths next week.
  • Can't make errors and continue to make errors. We need to stop the stem of making simple errors and defend them when they happen.
  • Made WAY too many errors, simple as that.
  • Need to make sure we dont make those type of errors back to back.
  • Trained really well and prepared really well, started the game okay but just the errors. We were up against the wind too in the first half.
  • Need to be better than what the are doing.
I think what he was trying to say... is we made errors in todays game. Didn't give any indication how we intend to solve said errors with such a quick turn around.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just hope Pay knows how to do a rebuild.. he will need to be able to attract experienced NRL players to our club, otherwise this rebuild project will take longer than needed..

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I just hope Pay knows how to do a rebuild.. he will need to be able to attract experienced NRL players to our club, otherwise this rebuild project will take longer than needed..
Pay wont attract any players, only Bellamy & Bennett can do that.

Its up to the Andersons

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay wont attract any players, only Bellamy & Bennett can do that.

Its up to the Andersons
Im not talking superstars though.. the coach plays a part in a recruits decision to join

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay is hurting. He was blowing up in the coaches box.

This whole situation we are in stinks big time. Just hope it doesn't get ugly against Souffs.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay is hurting. He was blowing up in the coaches box.

This whole situation we are in stinks big time. Just hope it doesn't get ugly against Souffs.
We used to have good tussles with Souffs .. now we are worried for it to get ugly ..

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No mention of our forwards playing like fucking pussys . He doesn’t even seem pissed off with the effort ffs dean you need to call the ***** out

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats what happens when we have so many young players. They are up and down and not always consistent week to week.
We all need to give them time because its going to be a long year. We dont have a team of superstars like some or have any really. Is still rather Okunbor then crighton. Okunbor had 2 great games and has had a bad one and everyones out with there pitch forks or some fans probably with there bombs and what not.
The attitude was non existent today but has been there before so lets wait and see if theres a change next week

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The whole situations fucked, I mean he knows hes fucked aswell and he feels it, I dont think he has the answers it really sucks man the situation we've been put in. The fans shouldn't suffer like this because of a stupid salary cap and the coach should be given a good shot at coaching with everything available to him, it simply just shouldn't happen to any team not just us. Every fan deserves to watch their team at their absolute best

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No mention of our forwards playing like fucking pussys . He doesn’t even seem pissed off with the effort ffs dean you need to call the ***** out
Its mind boggling when you think back of the forwards we have had since 2012 and the shit we got now. Melbourne, Souffs, Rorters, Grubnulla have almost kept the majority of their forward packs since winning the comp or have brought in/promoted top forwards

Kasiano would be fucked after 20 min and would be hammered here. A 20 min Kas is better than the 50+minutes some of our pussycats dish out.

FML we are fucked all over the park

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The whole situations fucked, I mean he knows hes fucked aswell and he feels it, I dont think he has the answers it really sucks man the situation we've been put in. The fans shouldn't suffer like this because of a stupid salary cap and the coach should be given a good shot at coaching with everything available to him, it simply just shouldn't happen to any team not just us. Every fan deserves to watch their team at their absolute best
But the coach and players, etc can't continue to appear to blame Hasler for this mess.

Other clubs have had young juniors come through and perform well (Souths comes to mind). It's not just that they are juniors and they need time... it's that they aren't very good juniors and wouldn't have even made the grade in some other teams.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
All I've heard for years going back to Hasler is we train and prepare well. We always have a strong off season. Players are always the fittest they've been. People on here put up pictures of players in the gym and with their shirts off looking lean. And it all ends up in disappointment.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its mind boggling when you think back of the forwards we have had since 2012 and the shit we got now. Melbourne, Souffs, Rorters, Grubnulla have almost kept the majority of their forward packs since winning the comp or have brought in/promoted top forwards

Kasiano would be fucked after 20 min and would be hammered here. A 20 min Kas is better than the 50+minutes some of our pussycats dish out.

FML we are fucked all over the park
Agree mate said in another post we got dominated from start to finish in our middle third and not one of our forwards stood up,Vaughn Frizzele and co just destroyed us.The worst thing for mine is the lack fight or mongrel and that’s just not on for a bulldogs pack. They need to be put on notice by the coach it’s just not good enough

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All I've heard for years going back to Hasler is we train and prepare well. We always have a strong off season. Players are always the fittest they've been. People on here put up pictures of players in the gym and with their shirts off looking lean. And it all ends up in disappointment.
Its one of two things

1. Our centre of excellence is not as good as what it has been made out to be

or

2. We have shit strength & conditioning trainers

I think its the latter

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree mate said in another post we got dominated from start to finish in our middle third and not one of our forwards stood up,Vaughn Frizzele and co just destroyed us.The worst thing for mine is the lack fight or mongrel and that’s just not on for a bulldogs pack. They need to be put on notice by the coach it’s just not good enough
Totally agree!

We really missed Napa today. Odgen wasnt to bad today and he will get better. Definitely a keeper. We really need another 2 big, no frills forwards for our bench. That Flegler from the Broncos looks really good and i would also have a go at that Welch from the Storm since they are both off contract.

Some of our forwards have been playing 1st grade for a while now, and they just arent good enough

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just go thru any side and have your best 2 players out, then throw in the mix our salary cap problems where up against it every week