Opinion Meaney, Cogger and Okunbor

Skidz

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hey guys

Despite the result these boys are playing some good footy. Honestly surprised by how well they are going this early but how’s does everyone see their performances

Especially Meaney his positional play is fantastic

Thoughts

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I mentioned somewhere else, not death riding him at all, I want him to succeed but geez, every kick was a nothing kick down their throats, can't recall any of the storm players even moving to catch it.
There was one point where he passed instead of took the line on and if he did, probably gets a 4 pointer.

It’s experience however, let’s hope he learns game by game and we benefit from it

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally had my doubts about all 3 , Meaney stood out for me pretty safe under the high ball and I think with more games all 3 will get better .

Skidz

Waterboy
Reaction score
The kids are alright, can only b positive for them to get a dose of bulldog spirit , always proud

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okunbor is very much Jekyl and Hyde with kicks in reserve grade but it’s a small price to pay when he gives us so much punch from the back.
Sadly his defensive flaws will get noticed sooner or later.. Really need a strong defensive centre to play inside him. Holland was good today but we all know Holland is inconsistent af.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wish Ok would back himself and try and go around his opposite sometimes, this side will click sooner later, better every week.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Was thinking more from the defensive end. Two of their tries came through Cogger. Kid still did pretty good.
Well he has 3 months to improve in FG, hopefully he jumps at the chance.

Malla

Reaction score
We he has 3 months to improve in FG, hopefully he jumps at the chance.
I just don’t think Cogger has it in him to defend at first grade level. Lewis on the other end was cutting them all night. They kept running at him and he kept coming back with excellent defence. I know only one game from Cogger but gives away a lot in size. Either way as long as he has a crack.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Meaney has been the best of all 3.

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I hate losing like everybody else, but today we played a team at the top or the table and has been there for years with the best coach in the competition and we went toe to toe.
The young guys are playing better than should be expected considering the number of first-grade games they have played. After I calmed down after a loss I was quite happy with the way we played and the way we are heading, beats Desball any day !!!