What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Was bored and started watching riverdale on netflix. if you can get past the teeny issues and the main fuckboy character archie its worth the watch. The thrill and mystery surrounding murderer(s) is pretty interesting. Watched everything on netflix really besides this, hanging out for the next instalment of stranger things.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Side note on Ian McShane. He's the one responsible for the "Tits and Dragons" remark on Game of Thrones. He played a fairly small role on it then he leaked a spoiler for it. When everyone kicked up a stink he said, "who cares? It's just tits and dragons"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was bored and started watching riverdale on netflix. if you can get past the teeny issues and the main fuckboy character archie its worth the watch. The thrill and mystery surrounding murderer(s) is pretty interesting. Watched everything on netflix really besides this, hanging out for the next instalment of stranger things.
I want to watch it but I just can't get passed the cringy teen crap. Watched half of the first episode and just couldn't stand it any more.

Didn't mind Sabrina though. It's not great but it is pretty entertaining.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I want to watch it but I just can't get passed the cringy teen crap. Watched half of the first episode and just couldn't stand it any more.
Didn't mind Sabrina though. It's not great but it is pretty entertaining.
You know how I got through those initial episodes. I wanted to see miss Grundys tits so bad haha, could have googled it but that would have taken the suspense and fun out of it... sadly though no titties were ever seen and I'm still watching

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You know how I got through those initial episodes. I wanted to see miss Grundys tits so bad haha, could have googled it but that would have taken the suspense and fun out of it... sadly though no titties were ever seen and I'm still watching
There is a bit of nudity in Sabrina but it's awkward nudity. She's meant to be 15 turning 16 but there's a naked butt shot of her. The actress is obviously much older but it's a little weird.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
SHIT YES!!!!! Trailer for new Chris Lilley show is out... prepare for the PC brigade to lose their shit over it!!

@Realist90 if you've never seen his stuff before ... get on it lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
SHIT YES!!!!! Trailer for new Chris Lilley show is out... prepare for the PC brigade to lose their shit over it!!

Made me laugh when a few Americans came out attacking him for his Jonah character. The Moari community told the Americans to piss off.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Made me laugh when a few Americans came out attacking him for his Jonah character. The Moari community told the Americans to piss off.
People fail to realise he's just a massive troll/shit stirrer and bite.

I still rate "Gran" from Angry Boys as one of my all time favourite characters. "Karaoake night at the Correctional Centre" always cracks me the hell up.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Can’t believe leftflix actually picked this up.
Bro Jonas was my number 1 show in high school. Got a note in my diary as well for asking my teacher if she had her periods or something. Was so worth it

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Second season of Barry has started. I think i'm warming to Noho Hank (maybe I'm finally getting it or something).

Also starting is the 7th and final season of Veep. It's a good show, but is probably running a season long. Julia Louis Dreyfus has taken Elaine Benes and turned up the bitch factor to 10. Actually it's probably the support cast that make it. Tony Hale as her sycophantic assistant, Anna Clumsky as her sort of chief o staff, and Dr House as Tom James. Everyone loves House.

I got halfway through the current Season of The Grand Tour Season 3, before my streaming box seems to have died for some reason. Pity, as I thought it was the best of the three seasons so far. Good to see they for once and for all fucked off the celebrity sections, and seem to be spending more time outside the tent on road trips which we all enjoy.

I've also started watching You Can't Ask That on ABC. Its into its 3rd (4th?) season. If you haven't seem it, basically they take abut half a dozen people from some sort of minority group, and people send in the sort of questions you always wanted to ask. They have covered all sorts of people - Muslim Australians, "Little People" (Dwarves?), Polyamourous relationships, Intersex, Down Syndrome, etc. Most of it is quite light hearted (the one about African Australians in which one of the questions was that "do do you all have big dicks" was funny - the young Sudanese bloke was like "yeah!"), but this season has been a bit darker which might turn off some viewers. The one on victims of domestic violence was not for the faint hearted. I first actually got into this series on a plane somewhere, and, in a TV world lacking originality, its pretty good IMO.

That's about it for my TV watching the moment, otherwise I can give you reviews of Giggle and Hoot, Bananas in Pyjamas and Peppa Pig. Actually Bluey is my pick of the shows on ABC Kids.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Really looking forward to this show

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Just finished “Dirty John” on Netflix, Eric Bana was fucking outstanding, incredibly unnerving portrayal of “John Meehan”.

Bloke was next-level fucked up!

Don’t read anything about it or it will spoil the ending...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just finished “Dirty John” on Netflix, Eric Bana was fucking outstanding, incredibly unnerving portrayal of “John Meehan”.

Bloke was next-level fucked up!

Don’t read anything about it or it will spoil the ending...
I listened to the podcast when it first came out. It was great but the podcast gave the ending away pretty early.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really looking forward to this show

Wtf looks pretty good apart from the strong female. But I guess I can’t complain that’s like full blown nazi for the standards these days As you usually need a good solid strong female in every other scene.
Can just picture them making the captain America loooking guy as the racist lol