Major changes needed for week 2

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You either bounce back from games like that the next week and perform really well or the rot sets in. We will see what happens next Sunday.
We said the same all last season as well unfortunately thinking (hoping)that they would bounce back..the old guts and pride of yesteryears players has vanished into thin air.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
They say you should pick your best players and then find positions for them 2nd. Meaney, Cogger Okunbor Martin Ogden should come in.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all honesty, after what happened in new Zealand yesterday no team would have beat them!!!
No single player was terrible. Most of ours were pretty ordinary, but none so bad we should change the whole team and sack the coach.
Fuck me dead, I'm so pissed off right now, but people suggesting wholesale changes and sacking the coach are kidding themselves. We were totally outplayed. Period. We will bounce back.
I agree. I’m going with the bounce back theory. Dogs coming off a loss against Parra off a win... dogs win. We get some momentum and take down the tigers in round 3. All of a sudden the kennel is a very different place.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We can make changes but we are not off loading the ball. Sure there are other factors but the winners this round have been off loading the ball creating 2 nd phase play, were not doing any.
Just something that stands out to me after watching the other games. If we want to compete we need to do the same

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Meaney. I saw enough of him in reserves and can do the job for us at the back.
Get Harper or Hoppa in centre or both if Holland struggles.

RFM off an edge and Martin / CHN as your edge forwards and watch the points flow.
Imo Harper is not ready for first grade yet but hoppa in the centres and meany at the back might be our only option moving forward.
As desperate as we need to fix our attack our defence outwide needs ALOT more fixing and fast

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well my back 5?
1.Meaney ( the new general)
2.chriton ( improving)
3.smith (my X factor )
4.hoppa (defence and ball skill)
5.okunbor ( strong, safe, leg speed)
I have never really considered Reimes Smith as a option as centre but come to think of it he has size, skill and speed so might be worth a shot.
Anything is better then the centre wing combos we had yesterday, that was a disaster

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What?

The game was in Auckland. The attack was in Christchurch.

Let’s not create excuses when we don’t have to. We were negative and shit. As you say, moving around Floppa and dumping Lichaa and Lotoya may be the way forward.
Floppa to centre, Meaney to fullback. Montoya and Lichaa to Jims Mowing. No excuses for that shit display.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree. I’m going with the bounce back theory. Dogs coming off a loss against Parra off a win... dogs win. We get some momentum and take down the tigers in round 3. All of a sudden the kennel is a very different place.
That's it. People are running their mouths way too soon. No doubt it was an unacceptable loss, but there's plenty of time to make up for it.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
We need to forget about that abortion against the Warriors somehow and reset our season as of this weekend against Parra.

If we go 0-3 against three beatable teams there will be hell to Pay.

The next game against our arch rivals will surely bring out the best in us. We honestly treated the Warriors game like a training run and we were overwhelmed.

Last edited:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the last few years in the NRL, teams normally bounce back after getting flogged and its a pretty good success rate.. So if we don't beat the eels this week, I'm prepared to say we are in for a long season and there is no fight in this team..

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Our starting middle is too defensive. Napa, Tolman and Elliot are all defenders.
We have no meter eaters or anyone that can get a quick play the ball, as a result we get no quality field position.

2. Montoya can't be at 4, if it is close between Hoppa and Meaney for 1. Hoppa needs to move to centre to strengthen that area.

It worries me that Pay can't see this.

3. We need to stick with Lewis.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When our forwards were getting monstered in tackles from 3-4 guys i was looking for Hoppa in support for a potential offload, nope...
We got outplayed and our foward pack just got out muscled.

CHN showed us there was some positive signs we can take from the game and Napa was average.
We need another enforcer to partner Napa as Tolman isnt that type of prop that makes other props shit their pants when they take a hit-up.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion we should try centres of hoppa and harper. Meaney at fullback. Ogden on bench. Martin to second row with chn. Jackson lock. I know with the too 30 garbage we can promote anyone else but would be good to see how young ryan gray went at hooker. If your good enough age is nothing.
1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Harper
4. Hoppa
5. Crighton
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Sue
9. JMK (pick of bad bunch)
10. Napa
11. CHN
12. Martin
13. Jackson

14. RFM
15. Elliot
16. Tolman
17. Ogden

18. Saddler (give him time he will be a metre eater)
19. Toomaga
20. Cogger
21. Holland

If forans still not doing fuck all after a month or so drop him and promote cogger and see if a stint in reggies gets him going. Big fan of saddler, pretty sure he’s injured at the moment but hes a big human and hopefully is a main stay of the team in a few years.

No doubts next season we need to go hard for a hooker and some strike outside backs. Hoppa is handy but we saw what the speed and size of warriors did to us. And well lichaa, no need to even finish that sentence. I haven’t seen much of robson or younger brailey, i wonder if theres any other hodgson types in england or see if parcell wants to return to Australia

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Elliott is a bench player should 100% jacko at lock with chn/ray backrow and we need hoppa in the centres id give holland 1 more game but his hands/defense are not first grade standard

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In my opinion we should try centres of hoppa and harper. Meaney at fullback. Ogden on bench. Martin to second row with chn. Jackson lock. I know with the too 30 garbage we can promote anyone else but would be good to see how young ryan gray went at hooker. If your good enough age is nothing.
1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Harper
4. Hoppa
5. Crighton
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Sue
9. JMK (pick of bad bunch)
10. Napa
11. CHN
12. Martin
13. Jackson

14. RFM
15. Elliot
16. Tolman
17. Ogden

18. Saddler (give him time he will be a metre eater)
19. Toomaga
20. Cogger
21. Holland

If forans still not doing fuck all after a month or so drop him and promote cogger and see if a stint in reggies gets him going. Big fan of saddler, pretty sure he’s injured at the moment but hes a big human and hopefully is a main stay of the team in a few years.

No doubts next season we need to go hard for a hooker and some strike outside backs. Hoppa is handy but we saw what the speed and size of warriors did to us. And well lichaa, no need to even finish that sentence. I haven’t seen much of robson or younger brailey, i wonder if theres any other hodgson types in england or see if parcell wants to return to Australia
Saddler cant even get a game in reserve grade he is playing park football he isn't going to be a meter eater.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Earth to Renouf. We need another big bodied prop. Awaken.