Realistic CAP Prices

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Min wage is $105 some don't even deserve that but here is what I think these players are worth if WE HAD to pay for them, I would sign hardly any..

1. Will Hopoate- $200k
2. Christian Crichton-- MW
3. Kerrod Holland -MW
4. Marcelo Montoya--MW
5. Reimis Smith--MW (unproven/rookie, I like him but that is realistic money)
6. Kieran Foran--(Based on experience, reputation 400k
7. Lachlan Lewis--MW
8. Aiden Tolman-- Seasoned first Grader $250
9. Michael Lichaa--FMS
10. Dylan Napa--$330k
11. Josh Jackson-- $450--500k
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner--$200k
13. Adam Elliott--MW

14. Jeremy Marshall-King--MW
15. Danny Fualalo--MW
16. Corey Harawira-Naera--$280
17. Sauaso Sue--$250k

19. Jack Cogger - Named to start in Canterbury Cup MW
20. Nick Meaney - Starting in Canterbury Cup (Late Mail) MW
21. Chris Smith - Starting in Canterbury Cup (Late Mail) MW
22. Ofahiki Ogden - Named to start in Canterbury Cup MW

Players not on minimum wage=2.4 million (there are eight players IF we have signed are worth roughly this amount)

22 players that do not warrant anything more than min wage and a chance to play NRL
This=2.310 million

Total-- $4, 710, 000

The salary cap for 2019 equates to 9.6 million

That leaves 4,890, 000 million left.

Where did the money go??

This is not even taking TPA into account.
I think these wages I have allocated are very generous if anything.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Trying to work out the amount players are on is like trying to work out the winning powerball numbers. Impossible... and the topic has been done to death.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What you've put together is a wish list, it's nothing like reality.

Hoppa is probably on at least 3 times what you put down and Foran at least double.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its impossible to work out cap prices.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What I've heard from a credible source is we are already under the cap this year

Reaction score
I reckon it’s just one of those seasons where even if some players are decent the attitude and the weaker members while being all the rest down with them

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bondi. That is a good post and i think you are close to what they SHOULD be getting. Unfortunately it doesnt work that way. Our previous recruiters/ money managers paid way too much for way too many players. E.g. We signed Brad Abbey on a 300,000 per year contract for 3 years when he came from Warriors straight out of their 20s where he was hot and cold. I doubt he was offered anywhere near that by other clubs. That was way over what he ended up being worth. We offloaded him to canberra for his real worth last year and had to make up the sizeable difference. Zac Saddler is in our top 30 cause we signed him on a 3 year deal where the last year (this year) he is over the 105,000 minimum and has to be in our top 30. I think he created history today by being the first top 30 player from any club to ever play Sydney Shield. And dont get me started on Foran's overs. I think the current board is now trying to pay true worth but is hamstrung by existing contracts. And whether we can actually attract anyone by paying true worth will be the test. Unfotunately, we will have signing probs for a few years yet.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea what the fuck happened to our cap? Guess we paying a still few playing at other clubs. Pretty sure this year we will have no SOO or AUS|NZ internationals in our team since I've supported this club 1979

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to work out the amount players are on is like trying to work out the winning powerball numbers. Impossible... and the topic has been done to death.

Not trying to work it out..
Saying this IS what they are worth.. No more and I think that's generous. If I was signing players their contracts would like something like the figures above.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Foran is 900k or perhaps more
But just saying I think this my prices are FAIR market value..
Just an observation
Would Storm pay Foran 900k no would they pay 400k maybe/maybe not but some other club probably would..
That's what I'm getting at..
I know we're paying overs for our whole team and it absolutely sickens me..
Again, just observing what I think other clubs would sign these guys on, not what the dumb as fuck Bulldogs HAVE signed them on

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Min wage is $105 some don't even deserve that but here is what I think these players are worth if WE HAD to pay for them, I would sign hardly any..

1. Will Hopoate- $200k
2. Christian Crichton-- MW
3. Kerrod Holland -MW
4. Marcelo Montoya--MW
5. Reimis Smith--MW (unproven/rookie, I like him but that is realistic money)
6. Kieran Foran--(Based on experience, reputation 400k
7. Lachlan Lewis--MW
8. Aiden Tolman-- Seasoned first Grader $250
9. Michael Lichaa--FMS
10. Dylan Napa--$330k
11. Josh Jackson-- $450--500k
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner--$200k
13. Adam Elliott--MW

14. Jeremy Marshall-King--MW
15. Danny Fualalo--MW
16. Corey Harawira-Naera--$280
17. Sauaso Sue--$250k

19. Jack Cogger - Named to start in Canterbury Cup MW
20. Nick Meaney - Starting in Canterbury Cup (Late Mail) MW
21. Chris Smith - Starting in Canterbury Cup (Late Mail) MW
22. Ofahiki Ogden - Named to start in Canterbury Cup MW

Players not on minimum wage=2.4 million (there are eight players IF we have signed are worth roughly this amount)

22 players that do not warrant anything more than min wage and a chance to play NRL
This=2.310 million

Total-- $4, 710, 000

The salary cap for 2019 equates to 9.6 million

That leaves 4,890, 000 million left.

Where did the money go??

This is not even taking TPA into account.
I think these wages I have allocated are very generous if anything.
Des took it all .

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Foran deal was one of the best deals ever done for a player with no other club chasing him and we sign the dud for over a million bucks a season. Des won’t even touch him for his new club.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Between Tolman, Foran and hoppa you probably have about 30% of your cap spent. From what I know lichaa is heavily back ended this year. As we were over the cap for last season so he pretty much played for minimum and we will get him up to market this year.

Was a bad deal in my opinion. But at least it’s his last year and we aren’t a realistic contender, so not too hurt by backending him.

Jackson Would be on big coin by now. But how much is under the cap and how much is tpa is anyone’s guess.

The reality is a lot of the deals done under Hasler dib and castle were horrible. How hoppa was offered anything over 450k (he is a winger at the end of the day). How Foran was signed to 850k plus when he had played 7 games one year and 13 the other year. And rightfully so lined up got around 10-12 games for us. How Tolman was on a dollar more then $350k...... the guy is a great player, and I respect his effort and leadership. But he is a clubman. And not be a marquee player.

Makes total sense why we are so uncompetitive. And that doesn’t include the money we are paying towards Mbye and woods which I’m
Sure is still on our cap.

The future might be bright. It’s just the current time is still a bit bleak and ravaged by stupid decisions made by Hasler and dib for a few more years atleast.