2019 - Jersey Flegg - Draw, Results and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Flegg were very good in parts last week - seem to have plenty of speed on the edges

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Flegg against the tigers - beyond woeful. wasn't until 25 minutes in did they hold the ball for a set. non existent ruck defence - especially near the line. tigers easily spotted the players who either are not skilled or strong enough to defend strong running. Outside backs had no opportunities - didn't really need to defend either as the tigers jus ran straight through the middle or one out which was enough.

paper jam

Waterboy
Reaction score
Pretty much agree diddly with that wrap up of the game I was sitting behind Anderson and the ball coach saukuru, our forwards were completely dominated and young Ryan gray desperatley needs a spell in Sydney shield, wow he was outclassed badly by the west’s rake, he was completely dominated. Matt Doorey is a complete myth, he can’t tackle and was punished every time he ran the ball, he’s right up there with Zac saddler in terms of disappointment. When are these fucking morons involved with the side realise averillo needs to be moved closer to the ball. Also heard saukuru say that was not west’s best side, talua, dillon and a few others he mentioned didn’t even play, looks like we bought another lot of duds from all over the place.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So are we screwed in Flegg this year despite all the up and comers from Keebra Park? or were most of our probable NYC team missing and this was the Bundy Cup/Shield Team?

paper jam

Waterboy
Reaction score
Not sure, hetherington was missing, just got the feeling our forwards got tackled a bit hard today and turned it up big time, couple have got big wraps but we’re punished. Tipping old Gazza Carden will dish out a few home truths on Monday arvo about some of our forwards ticka, or lack of it

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty much agree diddly with that wrap up of the game I was sitting behind Anderson and the ball coach saukuru, our forwards were completely dominated and young Ryan gray desperatley needs a spell in Sydney shield, wow he was outclassed badly by the west’s rake, he was completely dominated. Matt Doorey is a complete myth, he can’t tackle and was punished every time he ran the ball, he’s right up there with Zac saddler in terms of disappointment. When are these fucking morons involved with the side realise averillo needs to be moved closer to the ball. Also heard saukuru say that was not west’s best side, talua, dillon and a few others he mentioned didn’t even play, looks like we bought another lot of duds from all over the place.
It wasn't wests best 17 - they have about 5 or six of there better players to come into the side. Gray was dominated defensively last week as well - run over the top of two weeks in a row. I don't want to be too critical of the backs they had no ball, no opportunity - it went to the front row who just dropped it - I left with ten minutes to go - the level of frustration in the backs was pretty obvious. Maybe the fullback - Declan ??? - his online defense was Abbey like.
Doorey went alright last week. Pitavaao goes ok each week. Maybe they were not switched on - have made the cut don't want to get injured, - did knock on from the kick off which was ominous. Wishful thinking

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So are we screwed in Flegg this year despite all the up and comers from Keebra Park? or were most of our probable NYC team missing and this was the Bundy Cup/Shield Team?
Apart from Hetherington it was the best available - im hoping it was just attitude, or lack of

zac hollywood

Waterboy
Reaction score
I know it was only a trial but very disappointing especially the forward pack badly dominated today by a smaller tigers pack

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well looks like training during the week will be fun :laughing:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
cant play the video - - is it as woeful as it looked live - my memory of one try was the the fullback standing about a metre behind the line directly in front of th eplay the ball so the dummy half just dives over, other tries frokm gray being steamrolled
Well it's part sport but mostly comedy.

The only highlight is that Brock Hamill try, which was a cracker!

JPitz13

Waterboy
Reaction score
It wasn't wests best 17 - they have about 5 or six of there better players to come into the side. Gray was dominated defensively last week as well - run over the top of two weeks in a row. I don't want to be too critical of the backs they had no ball, no opportunity - it went to the front row who just dropped it - I left with ten minutes to go - the level of frustration in the backs was pretty obvious. Maybe the fullback - Declan ??? - his online defense was Abbey like.
Doorey went alright last week. Pitavaao goes ok each week. Maybe they were not switched on - have made the cut don't want to get injured, - did knock on from the kick off which was ominous. Wishful thinking
This is a good thing. Now they have some data to work on, some guys getting found out. Hope they get it sorted before game 1. Javvier Pitovao will be solid this year, great 2018 season for the new guy.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Flegg isn't playing this week... Round 1 bye for all teams.

Hence no thread :D

I don't think they are playing a trial either.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe on the Bulldogs site when they update player profiles. Aside from that I don't think anything has been mentioned regarding it.

First game is next week :grinning:
No club lists flegg profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.