Tipped to run last

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Doggies should be putting the tipsters reviews up in the SHEDS and draw motivation from it, seriously dogs have heart and don't cop that shit, personally I wish we signed Big Lyndsay Collins A DEADSET GUN BABY

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
but would you have a crack at him?

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
We have no depth in the back line at all, And a really young squad. When injuries come around we are really screwed.
Even the tab has us as clear wooden spoon favs. I’m not sure why everyone on here is so confident that we are going to go so well.
Also you start putting stuff like that up in the sheds, if they lose a few games on the trot, they are mostly young kids, heads go down and it destroys all their confidence.

Canis Maximus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Self Fulfilling Prophecy!
If you believe your shit - then you are shit! If you believe you can do it and put your mind to it - it will happen.
As a fan, i will always believe that the team can go well. And i will attend all home games in support of my team. Rain or shine, win or lose.
Top 8! .... will it be easy? Fk no! Will it be a given? No way. Will it be handed to us on a platter? Hell no.
But if we don't stand behind our team, and support them through the good and bad - then their season is already over.

Kurt Fearnley (Australian Paralympian) was always told by those around him that he could do anything from a young age.

He crawled the 96 km Kokoda trail in 10 days in 2009. Hands over knees. Mud, rain and humidity.

So i say Fk the tipsters! There about as much of an expert as the rest of us on this forum.

Go the Dogs!

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
lindsaylead.jpg
Doggies should be putting the tipsters reviews up in the SHEDS and draw motivation from it, seriously dogs have heart and don't cop that shit, personally I wish we signed Big Lyndsay Collins A DEADSET GUN BABY
Ahhh Mr Holland welcome back, we all sorely missed you. I can definitely see why you rate Lyndsay Collins, he kinda looks like Matt Damon after a 10 year meth-binge

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha this brings back memories, those comments are absolute fucking gold..!!!! Howard,mr I and chimpster (honourable mentions) Well done.

Welcome back Mr Holland you are a LEGEND..!!!

Last edited:

Canis Maximus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Seriously.
I was at a mate's place tonight and he said: Mate doggies to win the wooden spoon.
I says: Why's that.
He rattled off reason after reason as to why.
I says: Jee that's confidence. A dozen reasons?
I will give you 1 reason why we won't.
PARRAMATTA!

FKN Parra supporter - sorted him out.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I kind of like the idea that many are not only writing us off but expecting us to come dead last. This way, all the pressure is off us and we have extra motivation to enjoy our footy and play hard. These experts will change their tune fast and pretend they made no such prediction by round 10. lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Meh, that won’t be happening.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our backline and particularly backline depth is a worry. On paper we just don't have enough quality but games are not won on lists. Hopefully the effort, skill development and style of play will keep us competitive.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t agree with the thought that we don’t have depth in the backline. It could be that the problem is we have huge depth in forwards, better than most teams, and as a result the backline depth looks thin. But I don’t see it that way. Just a few simple examples. We have Meaney to cover fullback, we have Cogger and JMK to cover the halves (plus Wakeham who I’m looking at having a break out season), we have Okenbor to cover the wings, we have Harper to cover the centres etc. Plus we have players who can cover multiple positions, forwards and backs, for example CHN and Brown.

What many commentators overlook is that we won the 2nd’s comp last year, not just State but National as well. So even our second level of backups aren’t exactly hopeless.

Go Dogs

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t agree with the thought that we don’t have depth in the backline. It could be that the problem is we have huge depth in forwards, better than most teams, and as a result the backline depth looks thin. But I don’t see it that way. Just a few simple examples. We have Meaney to cover fullback, we have Cogger and JMK to cover the halves (plus Wakeham who I’m looking at having a break out season), we have Okenbor to cover the wings, we have Harper to cover the centres etc. Plus we have players who can cover multiple positions, forwards and backs, for example CHN and Brown.

What many commentators overlook is that we won the 2nd’s comp last year, not just State but National as well. So even our second level of backups aren’t exactly hopeless.

Go Dogs
That said ISP and NRL are chalk and cheese ( Renouf case in point)

Our forward depth is fine but outside backs although we have cover we are thin on experience (big game players)

Morris twins can’t be replaced overnight

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Besides Holland we don’t have another recognised centre then you name Okunbor and Harper as next in line who haven’t played NRL at all. There is no sugar coating it we have paper thin depth in the outside backs. We might get lucky and some rookies step up but if they don’t and injuries hit we are in huge trouble.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We always seem to have depth in our forwards,, this year is no different. Even in our halves this year we have depth,, it was mentioned on here they were looking for another centre I remember not all that long ago. Hopefully that is still the case, if we have space I would leave that till another centre comes along you never know when another club may need to offload a player. I still think there are more clubs over the cap that haven’t been caught out yet. It appears the penalty to be over the cap depends on which club it is... why are we not suprised. Cronulla are very lucky they still have their premiership. As far as coming last, there will be many other teams below us at the end of the season, besides I have already put my money on the dogs to make the 8 and we have The Prince.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
We always seem to have depth in our forwards,, this year is no different. Even in our halves this year we have depth,, it was mentioned on here they were looking for another centre I remember not all that long ago. Hopefully that is still the case, if we have space I would leave that till another centre comes along you never know when another club may need to offload a player. I still think there are more clubs over the cap that haven’t been caught out yet. It appears the penalty to be over the cap depends on which club it is... why are we not suprised. Cronulla are very lucky they still have their premiership. As far as coming last, there will be many other teams below us at the end of the season, besides I have already put my money on the dogs to make the 8 and we have The Prince.
We can’t sign anyone this year. Our top 30 is full.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the doggies but im not as optimistic as some.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Besides Holland we don’t have another recognised centre then you name Okunbor and Harper as next in line who haven’t played NRL at all. There is no sugar coating it we have paper thin depth in the outside backs. We might get lucky and some rookies step up but if they don’t and injuries hit we are in huge trouble.
CHN can play centre as well, not an option I'd personally like to use but a backup nonetheless. I'm pretty sure I could name a position in every team where they are short on back up. For example the Storm don't have an uninjured full back at all let alone a decent back up. On the subject of fullbacks, who decent does Manly have to step up with Trbojevic out injured? Who's the quality back up for Lawrence at the Tigers? Rapana at the Raiders, Graham at the Sharks, Bolton at the Cowboys, Inglis at Souths, Ma'u and Pritchard at the Eels etc how good are their backups?

With the 30 player limit there are always going to be positions in the 17 that don't have quality back ups. Most on here know our team better than outsiders and as a result we often have a better handle on the strengths and weaknesses of our team, but the grass is always greener when it comes to other teams.

Go Dogs