Beer Appreciation Thread

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I went for a pizza and stopped at the local sporties for a tooheys or three.

How long should you wait before driving after 3 beers just in case the police hit you with the RBT?
If 3 schooners will put you over the limit I have to say our laws for drink driving need to be reviewed!

I’m 6’7 tall and over 120kgs, there’s no way 3 beers will do enough damage to impair my driving?
What was the time frame for those schooners?

If a schoo of New is 1.5 standard drinks, you have just had 4.5 drinks. Even with your hulking frame, its enough to be impaired, at least a bit.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
What was the time frame for those schooners?

If a schoo of New is 1.5 standard drinks, you have just had 4.5 drinks. Even with your hulking frame, its enough to be impaired, at least a bit.
Our laws for drink driving are a joke, this is all.

You know some people can handle alcohol differently to others.
I don’t want to brag, not proud of it, but I’ve driven impaired under the influence of substances a lot stronger than alcohol and survived every time!

Only times I’ve been in an accident is when I am 100% sober.

Btw I didn’t power drink.
I’m in my mid 30’s I know how to pace myself with alcohol.
So long as strippers aren’t around, I’ll drink responsibly.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Little wonder people drink beer, to the brink and back.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I went for a pizza and stopped at the local sporties for a tooheys or three.

How long should you wait before driving after 3 beers just in case the police hit you with the RBT?
If 3 schooners will put you over the limit I have to say our laws for drink driving need to be reviewed!

I’m 6’7 tall and over 120kgs, there’s no way 3 beers will do enough damage to impair my driving?
6,7 and 120kgs.... fuck mate there was a vacant prop spot bud u should of applied Lol
I rkn you would be borderline

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Non Alcoholic Water is my fave..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Our laws for drink driving are a joke, this is all.

You know some people can handle alcohol differently to others.
I don’t want to brag, not proud of it, but I’ve driven impaired under the influence of substances a lot stronger than alcohol and survived every time!

Only times I’ve been in an accident is when I am 100% sober.

Btw I didn’t power drink.
I’m in my mid 30’s I know how to pace myself with alcohol.
So long as strippers aren’t around, I’ll drink responsibly.
I know what you mean..alcohol effects different body shapes different ways..you being a big unit it has less impact.. I guess they gotta set a ‘mark’ somewhere..a standard that people work around..

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Evening.

Does anyone have any new beer suggestions out there?

I have generally returned to old faithfuls like Coopers Pale, but happy to hear suggestions.

If i'm going to hell, I want to at least enjoy the ride.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
WE WUZ NATUFIANS N SHIEEET

Subsequent ancient DNA analysis of Natufian skeletal remains by Lazaridis et al. (2016) found that the specimens instead were a mix of 50% Basal Eurasian ancestral component (see genetics) and 50% Western Eurasian Unknown Hunter Gatherer (UHG) population related to European Western Hunter Gatherers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natufian_culture

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Evening.

I have generally returned to old faithfuls like Coopers Pale, but happy to hear suggestions.

Bent Spoke Red Nut.
Creamy Red IPA

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Evening.

I'm quite partial to Pale Ales these days. I've got one at the moment from BWS which is a real nice fruity Pale from Endeavour Brewing Company.

1. Endeavour Brewing Company - Growers Pale Ale.
https://bws.com.au/product/958778/endeavour-growers-vintage-growers-pale-ale

2. Stone and Wood Pale Ale.

3. Young Henry's Newtowner is nice as well.
https://bws.com.au/product/456509/young-henrys-newtowner-australian-pale-ale-330ml

3. Fat Yak Pale Ale is pretty good as well.

4. Vonu (Fijian Beer) has just started coming out here too. It's a little bit like Great Northern.

5. Another cheap option you can't go wrong with are the Pacific Raddlers (but they are hard to find). Low alcohol volume, lemon or lime, very refreshing, and like $10 for a 6 pack.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayward - Red IPA.jpg

Having one of these right now. Not bad, pretty full flavoured. I'd have another if I actually had another one of them.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first time I had this beer was in South Australia recommended by some hipster bartender which he swore was the best thing ever... young Henry is made in Newtown which is not too far from where I live, go figure. I went 2000km to have a beer made up the road from me