Official Bulldogs vs Raiders NRL Trial - Sat 23rd Feb - Discussion Thread

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Game streamed live at 5PM Sydney Time on nrl.com and bulldogs.com.au websites.

NOTE: Raiders article below states 5PM, NRL website states 6PM.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/02/19/new-recruits-named-for-raiders-trial/

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs will take a squad of 29 players to Bega on Saturday for their trial match with the Canberra Raiders.

The game will be played at Bega Recreation Ground on February 23, kicking off at 5pm and will be the club’s only NRL trial before their round one clash with the New Zealand Warriors.

New recruits Jack Cogger, Nick Meaney, Jesse Sue, Dylan Napa, Corey Harawira-Naera and Christian Crichton will all have their first hit out in their new colours, while Adam Elliott and Chris Smith will join Harawira-Naera in backing up from the NRL All Stars match played last weekend.

Rookies Morgan Harper, Jayden Okunbor, Tui Katoa and Jesse Marschke have also been named in the squad and will be given their first taste of NRL football.

BULLDOGS SQUAD:
Adam Elliott, Aiden Tolman, Chris Smith, Christian Crichton, Corey Harawira-Naera, Danny Fualalo, Dylan Napa, Francis Tualau, Jack Cogger, Jayden Okunbor, Jeremy Marshall-King, Jesse Marschke, John Olive, Josh Jackson, Kerrod Holland, Kieran Foran, Lachlan Lewis, Marcelo Montoya, Michael Lichaa, Morgan Harper, Nick Meaney, Ofahiki Ogden, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Reimis Smith, Renouf To'omaga, Rhyse Martin, Sauaso Sue, Tui Katoa, Will Hopoate.

The trial match gives NRL fans in the region the opportunity to come and watch the Bulldogs and Raiders in what will be a competitive and hard-fought contest ahead of the 2019 season.

Tickets are just $15 for the match and are available for purchase through the Raiders online Shop.

Bulldogs members and fans wishing to watch the match, can do so by the live stream at www.bulldogs.com.au

*Viewers will need a FREE NRL Account to view the stream!

upload_2019-2-23_16-34-54.png

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Raiders name stars for Bulldogs trial
Source: Raiders.com.au
Time/Date: Mon 18 Feb 2019, 01:17 PM
The Canberra Raiders will take their best available squad to Bega, for Saturday’s trial match against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.

The likes of Jarrod Croker, Josh Hodgson, Aidan Sezer, Josh Papalii, Elliott Whitehead, Nick Cotric and Sia Soliola will all have their first hit out for the season, while Joe Tapine will back up from his strong performance for the Maori All-Stars on Friday night.

Michael Oldfield, Joey Leilua, John Bateman and Jordan Rapana will miss the match with injury, but all players with the exception of Jordan Rapana will be available for selection in round one.

A number of the clubs’ younger players will get the opportunity to back up from Friday nights trial win against the Eels, with Corey Horsburgh, Hudson Young, Ryan Sutton, Bailey Simonsson, Seb Kris and Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad all selected for the Bega trial.

Experienced players Sam Williams and Luke Bateman will also play a part on Saturday.

Raiders Coach Ricky Stuart said he was happy with the performance of the team in their first trial match and the Bega Trial would now feature a stronger squad.

“I was very pleased with how our younger players performed against Parramatta’s NRL players,” Stuart said. “The team we take to Bega will be our strongest team that we have available.”

“We will be looking to give our main squad around 60 minutes and we will be looking to field our strongest team while we’re down there.

“What I really like about our squad is that there is a lot of young players coming through pushing a couple of our senior players which is really healthy competition.”

Stuart said the Raiders were looking forward to getting amongst the community while they were in the region.

“We enjoy getting out to the country areas, we will be heading down for the whole week, we want to buy into the community, all of our training sessions will be open so we would love to see a lot of kids come out and meet the players.”

Raiders v Bulldogs | Saturday February 23, 5.00pm | Bega Recreational Ground

Luke Bateman
JJ Collins
Nick Cotric
Jarrod Croker ©
Emre Guler
Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
Seb Kris
Siliva Havili
Josh Hodgson ©
Corey Horsburgh
Royce Hunt
Deam Matterson
Jack Murchie
Josh Papalii
Tony Satini
Aidan Sezer
Bailey Simonsson
Sia Soliola
Tom Starling
Harley Smith-Shields
Ryan Sutton
Joe Tapine
Matt Timoko
Elliott Whitehead
Jack Wighton
Sam Williams
Hudson Young

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
eager to see what we are bringing to 2019

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn’t we win vs the raiders last year?

Shows the trial form is bullshit.

Also that fucking trial introduced jmk into our squad.

Nothing good ever comes from trials.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Big season for both clubs.... especially both coaches..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Also that fucking trial introduced jmk into our squad.

Nothing good ever comes from trials.
apparently ricky has a 30% success rate of making the Top 8... how is this fraud still employed..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If I remember rightly Foran killed 'em in that game. Then of course we set free Woods and Mbye plus Toleman and Eastwood joined Foran on the long term injured list. So I'm not sure that trials form is bullshit, last year it simply showed what was possible if circumstances had been different. But they weren't, hopefully this year will be.

Go Dogs

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I remember rightly Foran killed 'em in that game. Then of course we set free Woods and Mbye plus Toleman and Eastwood joined Foran on the long term injured list. So I'm not sure that trials form is bullshit, last year it simply showed what was possible if circumstances had been different. But they weren't, hopefully this year will be.

Go Dogs
Mate I always enjoy reading your comments, always positive about the team.. We all at the Kennel should catch some of your hype

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brett Morris scored a hat trick and got man of the match in the roosters trial game.. Not feeling really confident now

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brett Morris scored a hat trick and got man of the match in the roosters trial game.. Not feeling really confident now
I agree he had a good game and he will be missed this year, but what has this got to do with this game?? Nothing!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What does that got to do with our team? He doesn’t play for the dogs?

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Really keen to see how Pay lines this team up.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I just hope we dont get important injuries.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree he had a good game and he will be missed this year, but what has this got to do with this game?? Nothing!
What does that got to do with our team? He doesn’t play for the dogs?
wow do I need to join the dots for you? When was the last time Brett Morris scored a hat trick in the 75 games he played for us, ? when was the last time Brett Morris got a man of the match in his whole time with us? Obviously there is something wrong with how our team is structured or hindered to play .

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
wow do I need to join the dots for you? When was the last time Brett Morris scored a hat trick in the 75 games he played for us, ? when was the last time Brett Morris got a man of the match in his whole time with us? Obviously there is something wrong with how our team is structured or hindered to play .
He played left centre. Should he have replaced his brother at left centre for us?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
apparently ricky has a 30% success rate of making the Top 8... how is this fraud still employed..
It's the Bermuda triangle. Raiders fans love him. It should not surprise anyone though. They celebrate mediocrity down here. It's the flow on effect of the public service state of mind.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He was also a great finisher at the dragons on the wing so I don't think he played well due to position.
And he was a good finisher for us, and a good fullback too, whenever he was fit. This hatttrick of tries was a blue moon event against defensively pathetic opposition.